F@NB0Y$

Go Back   F@NB0Y$ > Gaming > Consoles > Sony

Old 08-22-2009, 08:17 PM   #1
Enlong
Meh...

Default Dissidia: Final Fantasy

So yeah it's a Final Fantasy fighting game and it comes out in English in less than a week. Discuss?

I gotta say, I've been watching it since around the time it came out in Japan, and I like what I see. Seriously contemplating getting a PSP because of this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoagie View Post
Super Mario Bros. 3 > Wind Waker = Blazin' Buffalo and Ranch Doritos < Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Mask > Guitar Hero II ><><<< Metroid Fusion > Diner Dash > Elevator Action ? Wind Waker

Last edited by Enlong; 08-22-2009 at 08:24 PM.
Enlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 10:05 PM   #2
Mega
No-Fo You.

Fucking PSP.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:06 PM   #3
Raddington
King of rocksters

Send a message via AIM to Raddington Send a message via MSN to Raddington Send a message via Yahoo to Raddington Send a message via Skype™ to Raddington

Already played it, and beaten it. The combat system sound, but pretty repetitive. What kept me coming back was probably Zidane.
Old 08-23-2009, 05:55 AM   #4
Enlong
Meh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega View Post
Fucking PSP.
I know, right? For one thing, I just keep thinking: "OK, these graphics have no place being on a frickin' handheld".
And of course, being on a handheld means it's far harder to do multiplayer on it... Does the game have online in any capacity?

Anyway, it seems like they're adding some moves and tweaking some others on certain characters for the English release, which is a nice addition. Like the Emperor; he can have two different types of Flare out at once.

Quote:
Super Mario Bros. 3 > Wind Waker = Blazin' Buffalo and Ranch Doritos < Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Mask > Guitar Hero II ><><<< Metroid Fusion > Diner Dash > Elevator Action ? Wind Waker
Old 08-23-2009, 06:13 AM   #5
Raddington
King of rocksters

Send a message via AIM to Raddington Send a message via MSN to Raddington Send a message via Yahoo to Raddington Send a message via Skype™ to Raddington

I agree. Ugly PS2/okay PS1 graphics have no place in my handheld.

There's no online play. Pretty sure there's no online support either. As for that tiny bit of extra content, don't really think it was waiting like two years. Now new characters or something might get me to pick it up.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:20 AM   #6
Enlong
Meh...

I don't think we're on quite the same page about the graphics, but whatever.

Anyway, the only extra content I really care about is the English translation and voices; would've been fine even without the move tweaks.
What can I say, it doesn't take a lot to impress me.

Quote:
Old 09-29-2009, 05:23 PM   #7
Doenan
Snacky Happiness.

Send a message via MSN to Doenan

(Copy pasting from accidental duplicate thread)

I had a big list of homework and other games that I bought and wanted to try all waiting to be done/played. But the moment I started playing Dissidia, I...haven't seemed to stop.

I think it's the local community at my university playing this by the gallon. We all have our own best characters and rivalries between each other, so we constantly play to level our characters.

I've been playing Terra.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:35 PM   #8
Enlong
Meh...

I know exactly what you mean. Dissidia just gobbled my free time; the Battle Colosseum is deceptively addicting and I spent way too much time grinding for Terra's almost-ultimate weapon. I ended up sending the PSP home, because it was proving hazardous to my academics. But I do have... was it three level 100 characters? To show for my efforts.

I found Golbez to be surprisingly fun to play, especially once I started getting Cosmic Ray. Terra's also awesome; best EX mode in the game, I think.

Quote:
Old 09-30-2009, 07:37 PM   #9
Doenan
Snacky Happiness.

Send a message via MSN to Doenan

Terra's EX mode was really good, I still think Exdeath is still the neater looking one though. Only because it cuts the music when you're being sent to the void.

What I find about Terra that everyone hates about me when I use her, is that Holy Combo.

Just Holy, into Flare, into Ultima.

It almost always takes off at least half their HP.

With Golbez, all you really need is GENESIS ROCK.

It's one of the most hax moves in the game. Blocks everything, hits for massive bravery damage then shoots out in all directions for HP damage.

I still have yet to beat Shade Impulse yet, though I do have a Level 100 Terra, and I'm just working toward getting better items/accessories/gear for her.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:39 PM   #10
Ves
The Human

If you make a dupe thread you should say something.
Ves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:36 PM   #11
Enlong
Meh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doenan View Post
Terra's EX mode was really good, I still think Exdeath is still the neater looking one though. Only because it cuts the music when you're being sent to the void.

What I find about Terra that everyone hates about me when I use her, is that Holy Combo.

Just Holy, into Flare, into Ultima.

It almost always takes off at least half their HP.

With Golbez, all you really need is GENESIS ROCK.

It's one of the most hax moves in the game. Blocks everything, hits for massive bravery damage then shoots out in all directions for HP damage.

I still have yet to beat Shade Impulse yet, though I do have a Level 100 Terra, and I'm just working toward getting better items/accessories/gear for her.
Eh, Cosmic Ray is really good once you get all the moves that you chain it to. It gets to the point where if Golbez hits you with almost anything, you're getting zapped.

Quote:
Old 10-01-2009, 10:01 PM   #12
Zeke Zacary

I, uh, got a hold of the Japanese version a few months ago. It was alright. I also got the localized release just a few weeks ago. Still too lazy to place it on that memory stick to give it a try though. I dunno even why I have a PSP anymore.

I guess just to play PSX games on the go.
Zeke Zacary is offline   Reply With Quote