Old 09-14-2009, 06:32 PM   #33
Auntie Grieves
Tip of the Dragon Penis

I blame Pikachu!
Old 09-14-2009, 07:06 PM   #34
FenixAiur
JIMMY THE ROBOT!

Send a message via MSN to FenixAiur Send a message via Yahoo to FenixAiur

Good to know I wasn't the only one thinking of Pokemon.

You should know by now how this works, Jake! Every time you ask me to come back, I show up once and disappear for another month or so!
Old 09-14-2009, 08:14 PM   #35
Jake
In a word or a look

Send a message via AIM to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake

Well, you should come back for good, we really need a mage! Plus you can go to my super fancy ulduar 25 groups! C:
Old 09-14-2009, 08:31 PM   #36
FenixAiur
JIMMY THE ROBOT!

Well, we're done emptying the old apartment. We've turned in keys and everything. (Although, now the mess is on this place)

So, assuming I'll have the money for this month, I should be back during this week.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:35 PM   #37
Jake
In a word or a look

very cool, I actually need to start organizing everything for ulduar 25, probably going to be running it on saturdays.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:57 PM   #38
Profanity
Quatro Pro
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega View Post
They bust be ripped to fuck by now.
They bust be ripped to fuck by now.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:09 AM   #39
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

You need to stop walking you dogs.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:53 AM   #40
rebornMCW
Ring Your Bell

This thread shouldve had Mulan - Ill make a man out of you instead.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:16 AM   #41
FenixAiur
JIMMY THE ROBOT!

Jake's talking about how much he misses me, though. He's kind of gay like that. c:
Old 09-15-2009, 11:28 AM   #42
Jake
In a word or a look

Old 09-15-2009, 09:57 PM   #43
FenixAiur
JIMMY THE ROBOT!

c:
Old 09-21-2009, 12:53 PM   #44
Jake
In a word or a look

Default Race changes

Icon is showing up on the www.worldofwarcraft.com account page, methinks that's coming relatively soon then? 8D
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 01:01 PM   #45
Skeeblar
Pirate-Hunter

Send a message via Skype™ to Skeeblar

yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes
Old 09-21-2009, 03:46 PM   #46
Frent
Elder Statesman

Send a message via MSN to Frent Send a message via Skype™ to Frent

Who plans on making changes?
"A pig's gotta fly." - Porco Rosso
Frent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 04:03 PM   #47
Jake
In a word or a look

Me!
Old 09-21-2009, 05:45 PM   #48
Skeeblar
Pirate-Hunter

Send a message via Skype™ to Skeeblar

Going into a gnome or night elf on my warrior.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:32 PM   #49
Jake
In a word or a look

Be a male gnome.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:02 PM   #50
Mega
No-Fo You.

Female Gnome Druid.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:36 PM   #51
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

Still debating on whether or not to make Unami a draenei. Probably not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
Be a male gnome.
Fuck that. Female gnomes are far better.

Besides, you want to tank. From a purely statistical standpoint, not to mention it's what you've talked about doing for forever, going night elf would make the most sense.

Senaaaaaaaaah.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:57 PM   #52
Mega
No-Fo You.

Was thinking of getting my lock to 80 and once cataclysm hits, throw him in a pit full of warewolves to make him a worgen, but now I'm leaning towards just making a Worgen DK named Wiskeygin.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:00 PM   #53
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

Why not Whiskeygin? Is it supposed to be intentionally misspelled?
Old 10-20-2009, 03:41 AM   #54
Mega
No-Fo You.

Sure has been a month since that button was up.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:09 PM   #55
Profanity
Quatro Pro
Administrator

How many DKs have you started Mega?
Profanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 09:50 AM   #56
Ingrid Archer
Toy Soldier

Default Down with Gearscore! Learn about other classes.

The object of this thread is to post information about your own class, and to read what others post about theirs, in an effort to better understand what to look for when constructing a raid group with non-guild members(in other words, picking up a group).

So after putting together a pug group or two myself(with the help of Jake), I found myself immediately slipping into the habit of looking at what item level a person's gear was and basing my decisions on it almost entirely.
While an item level certainly give you an idea of what level raids they've been to, things like itemization, gems and enchants give you a much better idea about whether the individual knows how to play their class.
But I found that I, and I suspect a few other people, really only know their own classes well enough to note such nuances that can mean the difference between a good player and a bad one. I suppose we could all start researching other classes, but I thought it would be more fun to make it a social experience.

So! I decided to start a thread where we post some basic info about our class and spec:
  • What stats are important and why
  • What enchants and gems are best used in what slots,
  • The best talent builds
  • The best-in-slot gear
  • Other basic information to help people get a better idea of your class/spec.
It could also help as a nice kickoff point for people just starting as a class, or starting a gear set for an off-spec.
Questions are encouraged, theorycraft is encouraged. Polite disagreements about theorycraft is as well. No fighting, though! S'just pixels and polygons, and it's all in good fun =)

I'll post a prot pally thing at some point in here; until then, have at it!
Old 11-08-2009, 01:02 PM   #57
rebornMCW
Ring Your Bell

Smile Shamans and You.

Gearscore can be not very reliant when making pugs when it comes to 4000-4500 as it could be a blend of PVP gear and naxx gear. Anything above that usually its an ok player. I'll give my two cents on classes and how they should gear

Shamans and You!

You got three specs, Enhancement (Melee DPS), Elemental (Caster), and Restoration (Healer).

Enhancement

The easiest spec to level in is enhancement due to substantially low down time because you'll hardly run out of mana and you can heal yourself so you dont have to eat. The gear you'd want for this spec is Agility, Intellect, and Stamina for leveling and kinda in general. You'd want to pick up Dual Wielding talent ASAP as it does more damage and stacks Maelstrom a lot faster. Also want Feral Spirit soon as possible as they heal you when they attack, they can increase your running speed while breaking snares too, and they attack hard and fast.

For endgame raiding, you want 8% hit (368 hit rating for Horde, and 341 hit rating for Alliance)and about 26 Expertise Rating. After that you can start gemming for 32/40 Attack Power Gems.

DPS Rotation is prioritized by MW5 Lightning Bolt > Stormstrike > Earth Shock > Lava Lash. Lightning shield and Magma totem helps increase your dps on single targets but if you are only shaman in group, just drop Flametongue. Always try to have Feral Spirits out before you use Bloodlust/Heroism so they can get the buff too.

Here's a spec to copy for 80

More In-depth Guide to Enhancement Shamans Here

Elemental

I personally only used this spec for PVP and not any PVE. This is an alternate spec to level in as well. You want to gear for Intellect, and Stamina while in Old WoW Zones (Spell Power in BC).Crits for a lot, Totem of Wrath and Thunderstorm is awesome.

Only downfall is besides having to drink a but more frequently then enhancement is PVP wise while leveling. Its way harder to kill something in this spec while leveling as one interrupted means everything but your totems are lockdown for 6-8 seconds. Other then that its a blast.

End game wise, you want Hit rating (342 Alliance, 368 Horde), Spell Power, Haste Rating, Crit Rating. Rotation is Flame Shock > Lava Burst > Chain Lightning > Lightning Bolt. Water shield should be on. Flame Shock should always be on the target which doesn't mean spam it, just refresh it when its almost off of them as it directly effects Lava Burst. You want to chain lightning after each lava burst. Lightning bolt should be used pretty much until lava burst is back up. This rotation is completely dependent on your haste rating as you can probably pull out another lightning bolt before lava burst is back up.

Heres a spec for 80

A more in-depth guide on Elemental Shamans

Restoration

If you think about leveling in this spec, dont do it until maybe WotLK because it's just too slow for leveling purposes. If you just HAVE to, gear for Intellect, Stamina and Spellpower while leveling. This spec gets way better once you get Earth Shield otherwise it just blows for leveling.

Endgame raiding, Resto Shamans are definitely the most desired class to be recruited into any guilds and pugs. The stats you want as Resto is Intellect > mp5 > Spell Power > Crit Rating > Haste Rating. Its hard as nails in the beginning but it gets much more manageable later on. Riptide is pretty mana inefficient but I find myself using it often to get the Tidal Wave buff which hastens your Healing Wave and increases chance to crit on Lesser Healing Wave by 50%.

For Raid Healing, cast Chain Heal, cast Riptide Healing Wave when someone needs a quick heal. Keep Earth Shield on tank always. For MT healing (which they usually wont put you on), its pretty much the same thing as raiding healing except less chain heals. Just keep Earth Shield and Riptide up, and heal with healing wave. Always have Water shield and Earthliving weapon on.

Heres a Spec for 80

Heres a much more In-depth guide too

If you have a question and you dont want to click any of those links, Ask away and I'll try to my best ability to answer em!

Last edited by rebornMCW; 11-08-2009 at 01:09 PM.
rebornMCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 01:38 PM   #58
rebornMCW
Ring Your Bell

Also use http://www.maxdps.com/ to find out best in slot items. Doesn't work for healers though.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:24 PM   #59
Armonis Kain
Commander Shepard

I started writing about Death Knights, until I realized that my writing was likely more in-depth than you had wanted, so I'm skimming it down.

What stats are important and why

As a Death Knight DPS Strength is the Most important stat because it adds two Attack Power. AP is important, and can be welcome, however it is better to get strength if you can, as strength is increased at it's base by many spells and skills. Much like a Ret Pally or Warrior.
As a tank, stacking for avoidance is most useful after you have reached the defense cap (540 currently). Strength is also great to stack, as it increases your Parry, which is very useful considering the lack of shield. However, as with most tanks this would depend mostly on your gear.

What enchants and gems are best used in what slots,

DPS: Attack Power Enchants, Strength gems. For your meta I suggest Chaotic Skyflare as DPS and Austere Earthsiege as Tank.

The best talent builds

Like any class, there are hundreds of different builds out there, and any of them can be very good. My build is 52/0/19 to take advantage of the survivability and two-handed power of Blood, while using some Unholy to enhance my attacks and AP.
Blood is two-handed self-healing DPS and tanking.
Frost is DW DPS and tanking, however it can also spec into Unholy or Blood to use a two-hander, which I would only suggest as a tank, as Frost DPS is best with DW right now.
Unholy concentrates on your ghoul and also AoE damage. It uses a two-hander and is excellent for PvP.

The best-in-slot gear

Assuming you are hit-capped and expertise capped, then stack strength. There is rarely ever a reason to use anything other than plate, as plate generally has strength on it, while mail and leather does not. The term "best-in-slot" may be somewhat lost to me, but if I understand, it's going to depend on your gear. Death Knights need Strength more than Agility, but if you're using the Titansteel Destroyer and you somehow manage to get a shot at, say, Stormrune Edge then you should take it.

Other basic information to help people get a better idea of your class/spec.

Here's my armory link, which shows my Blood DPS spec for Death Knights.
I raid with the spec, and I'd say it serves me well, I can generally hit about 5k DPS in a raid, though sometimes CRAZY things happen and I somehow manage to hit like 6.4k, but usually I'm around 5k single target. Something like onyxia welps I am only second to rogues who seem to explode into 11k or 12k while I would be lucky to get about 8.5.

The key to playing a Death Knight correctly is taking it seriously as a class. Many people seem to think it's some sort of magical easy button, but it's not, and those who realize this can learn to make the class sing a beautiful death dirge, centered around their enemies. I will agree that it had been incredibly over-powered but now I'd say it's only slightly overpowered, to the point that it really doesn't matter. DK's have a reputation for being the newest and most incredibly stupid class on the block, and that makes them often undesirable to many raid leaders, so remember that if you take your class seriously, it's possible, maybe even likely that everyone else around you will too. Apart from all of this, never forget to rune your weapons. If you're DPS, absolutely use Rune of the Fallen Crusader. There's no reason to use anything else for DPS, until new runes are introduced, if they ever will be. If you're a two-hander tank, Stoneskin Gargoyle is like the best, though you could use Swordshattering if you're having problems with disarm or really low on parry. If you're a DW tank (eugh, I wouldn't be) then I Swordbreaking is the best.

I hope this helps.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:33 PM   #60
rebornMCW
Ring Your Bell

A really good sword to get for DK's is definitetly Aesir's Edge due to gem slots and strength. Can get off of 10man Ulduar Boss XT on Hardmode (which is pretty easy).

Other then that this is a good read.