F@NB0Y$

Go Back   F@NB0Y$ > General > Journals

Old 06-08-2015, 10:02 AM   #631
Nuva
yes i vape

D'aw I'm happy you're with someone that you notice the little details of.
Old 06-08-2015, 10:06 AM   #632
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

Grats on winning at the dating game!
Old 06-08-2015, 10:20 AM   #633
That Pooka
Orange you glad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuva View Post
D'aw I'm happy you're with someone that you notice the little details of.
Thanks. That's just one detail, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nami View Post
Grats on winning at the dating game!
I wouldn't call dating a game. That would imply rules, cheating, and power-ups.

We sit, we talk. She's training for a marathon, and I wear a bow tie and smell like cupcakes. We're just comfortable together.

Gosh does it feel nice having someone to talk to.
Old 06-08-2015, 10:24 AM   #634
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

Can't just take the compliment! Okay, lemme try again!

Grats at whatever dating metaphor you'd prefer!
Old 06-08-2015, 10:27 AM   #635
That Pooka
Orange you glad

Quote:
Can't just take the compliment! Okay, lemme try again!

Grats at whatever dating metaphor you'd prefer!
I can never quite tell if I'm being sarcastic enough. Thanks for the compliment!
Old 06-08-2015, 10:28 AM   #636
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

I can't either!
Old 06-08-2015, 10:50 AM   #637
That Pooka
Orange you glad

I'm working on a new order form for the bakery.

Right now, the information is split between contacting the customer, the details of the cake, and picking up the cake or paying for it. My suggestion was to split the order form into two sections of important information, the details for the cake, and everything pertaining to the customer.

Currently, we have an order form my dad made two decades ago using mimeograph technology.

Here's what I have so far:

http://i.imgur.com/gIOHEPI.jpg

I wanted to address problems with picking up the orders. Having a small line the customer signs when they pick up is an extra step so if someone else who didn't order the cake picks it up we know who actually took it home. Having the signature and the customer's last name written in bold near the bottom draws the attention to those three little loops. Those are my idea.

Eyes are also drawn to "problems" so my suggestion is to use a hole punch to mark when an order has more than one item. The holes at the bottom of the ticket force the employee handing off the cake to check for cupcakes or cookies or balloons or additional cakes (Two holes punched for multiple cakes). Little post-it-note type strips can also be used. Maybe markers. I'm open-minded.

The top half of the order form (I realize the types of decoration are not lined up properly, bear with me) is all about the cake itself. This means when going through orders, the decorator sees all the information they should need right at the top. They can hold a stack of order forms and go through them easier. The customer's name is still at the top of the order form, so the customer still knows we are treating them personally, and the "Phone | Walk-IN" note how the order was taken so we can potentially track down whether they looked at something in the book or it was described over the phone. (Actually important)

Back to that bottom-half:
The price is set at an easily seen spot. When the order form is draped over the side of the cake box, the price will be visible, as well as if the cake was already paid for or if there was a down-payment. I am hesitant about this. On one hand, the larger numbers might make the customer feel like the cake is more expensive. On the other hand, this might show off how our prices are lower than other bakeries. Tough call.

More Bottom:
I've included a space for noting that we've contacted the customer. In the even they are running late, we call to let them know their cake is ready and remind them of when we close. Sometimes there won't be an answer (This is why we ask for a second phone number) and sometimes all we can do is leave a message on the machine. The box to the right lets us make a note that the customer was contacted, and when, and what the response was.

Even more Bottom:
The time, date, and pickup are all important, that's why it is where it is. A sharpe marker will fit the form for the time, which is when the customer usually shows up to get their cake. My sister and mother tend to do the orders chronologically. When an employee needs to check on an order, they can start with the name at the bottom, look up to see the time and date, and finally check the amount for pre-paying, which is the only reason they would go looking for an order.

The Time and Date would already be sorted at that point, so this should streamline all processes.

Whaddaya think, sirs?
Old 06-08-2015, 10:51 AM   #638
That Pooka
Orange you glad

Quote:
I can't either!
Well, you're in good company.
Old 06-09-2015, 08:37 AM   #639
Siz
Tibetan Warrior Monk

I'd say that you're good with the form. I'd include an email space if people don't have a working phone number.

Of course, you'd need to state that the mails you are sending are a no-reply type and that it's only just for notifications on when said item is ready. Oh, and have the customer recieve a copy (physical or digital) of the form, so you don't get screwed over whatever 'mishaps' the customer brings in.

shaaaaaaa.......
Siz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 03:27 PM   #640
That Pooka
Orange you glad

Lightning struck my computer and TV on sunday.

I was in a car accident on Monday. Car may be a total loss.

Today, we find out someone stole my grandfather's identity.

Rough week.
Old 08-06-2015, 07:47 AM   #641
That Pooka
Orange you glad

To continue:

Lightning fried my graphics cards on my computer. HDMI cables can carry an electric current, and I had one of the monitors hooked up to the cable outlet, which it traveled through.

Lightning fried my cable box. I took it to Comcast and they replaced it, and knocked $10 off my cable bill for a year, and gave me free HBO. Not bad.

I had to replace the modem, but I took it to Target, where I bought it. They refunded me the money, and I bought a new one. It works, but my WiiU won't connect to it. I'm currently planning to get a Coaxial cable run down from the Master Bedroom of my apartment to the living room downstairs, then use an ethernet cable (Ethernet adapter is on the way). Plus side, fastest connection possible. I will be able to play multiplayer online games.

I finally bought a replacement for the laptop that broke a few years ago. This laptop costs a little over half the price of the PC that got its cards fried, but is almost twice as powerful, so... there's that. I'm recording gameplay on it for my youtube channel. I'm hovering around 100 subscribers. Now that I'm actually putting up videos that are more than 2 minutes long, I've been gaining views. Around 30 unique views per day. Not too shabby. I am not allowing advertisements, but if I start getting 4k+ views per month, I will consider it.

I need to find an editing software for video, something that can do split screen, or rather can allow me to show multiple videos at once using sections of the screen that I choose.

My grandfather talked to the bank, got it all settled, and they are monitoring all charges and attempts to cash checks from his old account. He's a little safer now, and a lot smarter.

The car is a total loss. I'll at least say this: Even if your airbag never deploys, it's still enough force it could crack your engine. It took nearly four weeks to get the check from the insurance company, I had to call their local office to get a response. My claim fell through the cracks. They apologized, had someone physically bring me the check the next day. I am borrowing my sister's old car, but will likely be getting a new vehicle at the end of this month or potentially in October.

I think I am in a good place. Whatever that means.
Old 08-06-2015, 08:32 AM   #642
Siz
Tibetan Warrior Monk

What's your channel?

shaaaaaaa.......
Siz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 05:08 PM   #643
That Pooka
Orange you glad

It's %99.xx Magic: the Gathering. There's someone on this forum that is stalking me and can hook you up with those sweet deets.
Old 09-24-2015, 04:39 PM   #644
That Pooka
Orange you glad

I did get the car. It is a used vehicle, and I love it. I named it.

I am not in a good place, though. Literally. A new company bought the apartments I live in, and they are renovating, kicking out old tenants and converting the place into a "luxury" apartment complex. My rent would go up too much, and I don't think I can keep living here unless I can convince the new owners that I am a decent tenant and they don't hike up the rent. I don't know what to do.

Birthday came and went. It went terribly.

My youtube channel has more than doubled its daily views. Heading into October, I have some plans and scripts put together. I might be able to hit 3k views per month by then. I just need to find the time to record and edit. I'm still looking for a decent video editing software. If the channel got to the point advertising did anything decent, I might be able to justify getting the Adobe Premiere software, since it is a subscription. Hopefully the advertising would cover the cost and I could still have a free hobby.

The cats are doing excellently.

I've folded something in origami and I don't know how to tell if someone has already done it. My only option is to put it online and wait for someone to claim I stole their idea.
Old 12-20-2015, 12:29 PM   #645
That Pooka
Orange you glad

All things happen.
Old 12-20-2015, 12:40 PM   #646
Inferno
Tea and murder

Send a message via AIM to Inferno

I hope they were good things. Did you figure out your living situation?
Old 01-08-2016, 03:21 PM   #647
That Pooka
Orange you glad

There are many bad things.

My living situation is the same, for now. The new landlords are working with me. I think I'm their best tenant.

My A/C stopped working Christmas Eve, and it was 90 degrees at night, so staying wasn't an option with my cats. I moved them to my parents house for a couple days, and I stayed the night with the cats, sleeping on the floor with them. That issue is resolved.

My mother and sister went to North Carolina after New Year's Eve, leaving my dad alone taking care of six cats. I tried to spend some time with him, which ended up with me getting sick in a Movie Theater trying to watch SWTFA. I was able to make it through the film up to the credit, but I couldn't enjoy the film. I let my dad know what was going on, and walked out. Afterwards, I really needed to go home, but he decided to take a joyride and I had to remind him what was going on and he took me to the bakery, which was closest. I think his mind is going.

My mother brought home the flu, and it has passed to everyone else so far. I may have had it, but since Sunday I have literally been eating nothing but crackers and drinking water so I wouldn't know if I had it. I was already weak. I'm easing into solid foods again, and so far so good. Hard to believe someone can luck into food poisoning, but, whatever.

Starlight has developed a bald spot from compulsively cleaning herself. I don't know what to do about that.

The bakery is degenerating. I can't do any more than I already am without risking a confrontation. My advice is never to work for family. What you see in movies should explain things.

All things happen.
Old 02-05-2016, 04:41 PM   #648
That Pooka
Orange you glad

On Tuesday, they changed the locks on my doors. I work late, so they called the bakery and told me they had my new keys in my mailbox. Neat.

On Wednesday, they completely replaced my front door. ????

(the keys worked, so they had to transfer the new lock from the old door)

Starlight no longer has that bald spot, it's growing back. She had fleas. I let their flea preventative lapse, and my sister's adopted new kittens unfortunately brought fleas into the mix. Whoops. But everything is working out.

I HAVE PULLED A MUSCLE. It's in my abdomen. I got it getting out of a chair, for crying out loud. It started as a charley horse, and kept pulling, and it actually hurts to breath fully. I can bend down slightly and breath, but I can't stand up straight to breath. Lifting and turning is not fun. I'll be fine in a couple days, but I need to figure out what to do about these charley horses.

I have the option of going to an MTG event on the 21st in Jacksonville, Fla.

I don't really know what else to talk about.
Old 09-05-2016, 07:54 AM   #649
That Pooka
Orange you glad

Buncha new stuff happens.

A friend wants to start a new hobby shop here. It has been my dream to open one, and I feel like they are underprepared. I can't help financially. And this town is not good for small businesses.

Another friend of mine was actually contacted by Wizards of the Coast directly as an ambassador for the online magic community we built! He's currently at PAX West! He interviewed Mark Rosewater yesterday, and I helped write the questions to ask (I'm not sure how they wanted to do the Q&A session, so I wrote everything a certain way in case the questions needed to be fielded ahead of time). I'm incredibly happy for him! This might get his foot in the door to work at WotC!

There's some stuff I need to work through for the bakery. I need help, but I'm not going to get any.
Old 09-29-2016, 02:18 PM   #650
That Pooka
Orange you glad

So I have my certificate and I passed my Exam for the Department of Agriculture. I'm qualified for the next 5 years. This doesn't mean much, but I passed the exam with, like, a high score.

I may start doing D&D stuff locally since there's no local DM and people keep dropping hints that they think I would be good at it.

I may have saved a company several million dollars. No word yet if any of that would come my way.

This is a lot of positivity and it has me worried. Someone has been sending me death threats in town, so I guess that balances things out.
Old 10-22-2016, 01:35 PM   #651
That Pooka
Orange you glad

Hurricane Matthew tore the roof off the Bakery. We're rebuilding. That's consumed my time for the past three weeks.

I did confront the asshole who was sending me death threats. He thought it wasn't anything to get upset about. Just a joke. That doesn't sit well with me, but I'm too tired to do something about it. I just won't forget.

The company I was talking about was our provider for cupcake baking cups. The foil cups were being produced by a company in China using a die-cut and stamping process that didn't allow for the baking paper and the outside foil to cut cleanly. Each group of baking cups was 15, crammed into the same amount of space as about 12, which made them unusable. Our salesman has told us before that we use more of the cupcake liners in a month than his other customers do in a year, combined. So we were the only ones having these problems. About a month ago, a few others reported that they were having the same problems. I deciphered the lot numbers on the cases, which helped them determine which factory produced the defective liners. It's resolved, but there's the matter of all the millions of cupcake liners they already produced. We'll have to see what happens.

I'll have to contact the local DoA to get a new Certificate.

Oh, my car got hit by a car coming out of the parking space of a pizzeria. Completely going to be taken care of by their insurance, but still. It's been a rough few weeks, let me just say.

Last edited by That Pooka; 10-22-2016 at 01:37 PM. Reason: should clarify, MY CAR got hit, not me personally.
That Pooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 06:22 AM   #652
That Pooka
Orange you glad

I'm posting this from my phone and my bed.

We were able to reopen on the 19th of December. Business-wise, they were good weeks.

2016 was a terrible year.
Old 01-01-2017, 06:26 AM   #653
That Pooka
Orange you glad

Sure would be happy if my selfies stopped ending up on blogs next to naked folks.
Old 01-19-2017, 04:25 PM   #654
That Pooka
Orange you glad

Social Media. At. Its. Finest.
Old 01-24-2017, 12:30 AM   #655
Virgo
Let's get dangerous!

Send a message via AIM to Virgo Send a message via MSN to Virgo

Oh my XD
Old 01-24-2017, 03:22 PM   #656
That Pooka
Orange you glad

I've been smiling about it since the new year started. I've got it narrowed down to one of my mutuals that I discovered has a BDSM sideblog.

No, it's not Nuva.

I'm ~%99 sure.