F@NB0Y$
Old 05-08-2010, 10:57 AM   #1
Rud
Billions and billions

Send a message via AIM to Rud Send a message via MSN to Rud
Default Podcasts

Post podcasts you listen to, etc.

This American Life - An NPR podcast that talks about varying topics every week, ranging from the health care system to true urban legends to topics their moms presented. Episodes are about an hour long and are generally presented with some sort of introduction followed by three acts, each a different story relating to the topic then a bit of a closer. I enjoy it, but I can easily see why someone wouldn't.

And that's pretty much all I listen to. Should probably expand it.
Rud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 11:24 AM   #2
Mega
No-Fo You.

Spill.com - Mostly a movie review website but has a podcast section, one I mostly listen to is "Let's do This" which is a random discussion for 2 or more hours, along with a few other podcasts from them on new releases and movie news.

Go Nintendo - They talk about Nintendo and other games, not much to say on it really.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:10 PM   #3
Protom-lad

Oh hey, this thread exists.

Thrilling Adventure Hour - Recordings of a live comedy show done in the style of old fashioned radio shows. Absolutely hilarious, featuring a bunch of different "series", and a stellar cast, including Paul F Tomkins, John Dimaggio and James Urbaniak. Frequent guest stars include Patton Oswalt and Nathan Fillion.

Talkin' Toons with Rob Paulsen - Classic VOice Actor Rob Paulsen talks about the voice acting biz, and interviews many notable VAs. Great stuff. The John Dimaggio episode will make you die of laughs

We're Alive - A Zombie survival story audio drama. Just discovered this the other night and I've just been eating it up. Great atmosphere, good performances, entertainingly-unconventional zombies and motherfucking Burt. You'll know what I'm talking about.
Protom-lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:34 PM   #4
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

There's actually an entire board for this now. I should move this thread there.
Old 07-28-2012, 01:52 AM   #5
Protom-lad

OOH, Another one I listen to frequently.

Film Sack - Four guys watch interesting/bad/cheesy movies and discuss them. Pretty funny and enjoyable.
Protom-lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 03:55 AM   #6
Mega
No-Fo You.

Podtoid - Because I love Jim Sterling's film pitches.
Old 07-28-2012, 10:05 AM   #7
Markford
Woo wee Mac Baby!

Send a message via MSN to Markford Send a message via Skype™ to Markford

Comedy Bang! Bang! - Comedy talk show where the host Scott Auckerman interviews a comedian or actor and then brings in a character half way through the interview to disrupt the interview with wild antics. Fun times. Comedy Bang Bang also has a TV version on IFC.

It's basically a longer audio version of this.
Old 07-28-2012, 10:34 AM   #8
Nuva
yes i vape

Giant Bomb's podcasts are pretty good. Not sure about current ones but the last one I listened to they contemplated whether or not they would eat a pig if it was full of scorpions and spiders.

Was fun.
Old 12-14-2013, 01:14 AM   #9
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

Any gaming or entertainment podcasts people regularly listen to? I figure I can start giving this a try for quiet, lonely nights at work when everyone else goes to bed.
Nami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 01:40 AM   #10
Mega
No-Fo You.

I use Rage Select but I hear Giant Bomb's pretty good.
Old 12-14-2013, 02:15 AM   #11
Scoffee
Assssss Cobra

Send a message via MSN to Scoffee

I like the Super Best Friendcast for my gaming stuff, but it just depends on how much of their interests in games you share (like their normally 30-45 minute long segments on the fighting game community). Oh also every episode is almost or over 3 hours long.

I recently started listening to a bad movie review podcast called The Flop House that Kero showed me, and it is hiiiiilarious. All three of the regular guys from the last 50-60 episodes are really quick witted and have a lot of goofs, and it's a real hoot.

Comedy Bang! Bang! is also a great entertaining podcast with a really big library of cool guests to listen to (like Markford said).
Old 12-14-2013, 06:06 AM   #12
Tombstone
Famous Royalsguardsman

I enjoy Retsutalk.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:58 AM   #13
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

So, I gave Giant Bomb's a listen tonight and one of the people on the podcast sounded almost exactly like Frent. It was weird.
Old 12-19-2013, 12:24 AM   #14
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega View Post
I use Rage Select but I hear Giant Bomb's pretty good.
I'm liking Rage Select. I can see myself listening to this somewhat regularly.
Old 12-20-2013, 01:16 PM   #15
Canuck

Stop Podcasting Yourself - Hilarious award winning podcast based out of Vancouver, BC.

From Wiki: Stop Podcasting Yourself is a weekly comedy podcast hosted by Graham Clark and Dave Shumka. Each week the comedy duo invites a guest onto the program for a conversational interview. It is sometimes referred to by its acronym—pronounced "spy"—and its listeners are referred to as "bumpers" after Dave mistakenly referred to the audience that way in episode 1.
Stop Podcasting Yourself started independently on March 2, 2008, being distributed through iTunes and its blog. On March 22, 2010, it was announced that the Vancouver-based podcast would join Maximum Fun.

Legion of Blogcast - for all my Canucks/hockey related stuff, though very little of it is actually hockey centered...
Old 01-08-2014, 07:26 AM   #16
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

I died watching this.

Old 01-08-2014, 11:01 AM   #17
Mega
No-Fo You.

Cumming bee's is a horrifying thought.
Old 01-08-2014, 08:19 PM   #18
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

This is so weird. I watched these videos today and then this Brian Brushwood guy randomly starts following me on Twitter.
Old 02-06-2014, 04:34 PM   #19
Nuva
yes i vape

Gonna list a couple I will be eventually listening to

*Super Best Friend Cast* It should be obvious how much I love this gang now. I think their podcast might be the best thing to ever come out of their little group. Heavily recommend this.

Mike Detective Similar to Thrilling Adventure Hour

Mysterious Universe Handles conspiracies and mysteries -has paid episodes that are supposedly better than the free episodes in terms of actual interesting content so-

*Blame it on Outer Space* Currently what I listen to when I am not listening to Two Best Friends. Comically handles conspiracies and mysteries. It is really good. I HEAVILY recommend it.

A Life Well Wasted Video games. Apparently really good but updates rarely now

Jim Harold More paranormal stuff

Last edited by Nuva; 02-06-2014 at 04:58 PM.
Nuva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:08 PM   #20
Hoogie
STYLE

Comic Books Are Burning In Hell is a comics criticism podcast that I like. They're super harsh sometimes but they're very passionate about comic books. Also great for finding new stuff that doesn't get a lot of exposure everywhere else. They also do a movie podcast but I don't listen to that one.

Decompressed is Kieron Gillen's highly irregular comics podcast where he talks in depth about comic craft with creators of certain comics. Lots of really interesting discussion here.

Fatman on Batman is interesting sometimes since Kevin Smith is a pretty great interviewer when he doesn't interrupt and ramble for several minutes about his own bullshit. Great podcast if you want to hear a grown man cry about fucking Batman. Especially the one with Kevin Conroy where Smith makes him do the Batman voice and tell him he's a good director and Kevin Smith just starts weeping.

Inkstuds is one I forget exists a lot. They talk to cartoonists a lot. Just scrolling through the front page I see three that I need to listen to.

Last edited by Hoogie; 02-06-2014 at 05:13 PM.
Hoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 05:27 PM   #21
Scoffee
Assssss Cobra

Send a message via MSN to Scoffee

Four Eyes and Beard: Scott Mosier (of SModcast, producer and friend of Kevin Smith) and Mitt Mira (of the Nerdist podcast) get together and discuss food, travel, books, and are generally sweet and amusing. Scott Mosier is my favorite person from any SModco Podcast because of his delightful Canadiacity. They are bad at podcasting by themselves though and have had more than a few on-air discussions about technical issues, but thats it.

Fantasy Fiction: Josh and Dom from Continue? on youtube skype to each other and read really dumb hilarious fantasy stories to each other. Lots of boobs n weiners.

Rooster Teeth Podcast: Formerly The Drunk Tank, the makers of Red vs Blue gather round and tell each other a bunch of really funny stories. I don't really watch anything on their youtube channel, but any episode with Joel Heyman on it is great.

Welcome to Night Vale: This has gotten a lot of attention lately, but I'd figure I'd put iut in here anyways because I really enjoy it. Its a radio play of a humble town radio broadcaster coming to you from the mysterious Night Vale and all the crazy shit that happens there. Pretty funny and amazing music, also Cecil has the most beautiful, sultry voice.
Old 03-16-2014, 06:33 AM   #22
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

Only been doing this podcast thing for the past three or four months, but I now have a few I regularly look out for.

Rage Select Podcast - Pretty much what I started on, thanks to Mega's suggestion. It's regular gaming stuff, with Jeff (something) and Jason Murphy, and it's generally a fun listen. Nothing spectacular, but definitely enjoyable.

Giant Bombcast - I figure most people here who listen to podcasts, and gaming ones in particular, already listen to this one. So all I will say is that Brad Shoemaker sounds exactly like Frent.

Super Joystiq Podcast - More gaming stuff, this time from Joystiq. It's lead by Ludwig Kietzmann, who I like to hear from, and it's usually pretty on point. A couple of the podcast regulars get on my nerves (Anthony John Agnello and Susan Arendt), but it's still generally an entertaining listen.

IGN AU Pubcast - When there's nothing else, I finally end up turning to IGN. The only IGN podcast that I honestly really enjoy is the Australian one. Everyone on it is funny and seems to be... I guess a lot less annoying than those on their main American or PlayStation counterparts? Or not annoying at all. Either way, I like it.

The Jalen Rose Report - This is an NBA one. Former player Jalen Rose and Grantland editor David Jacoby sit down and talk about the state of basketball, the league, its players, music, food, cities, whatever strikes their fancy. Unlike other NBA (or sports) related podcasts I hear, it's not necessarily relating to the games of that night, but to the state of the game of basketball as a whole (and many other things), so it's easy to go back and listen to older episodes and still get something out of them. The two of them also like to have a lot of fun (and give the people what they want).

The Starters - This is NBAtv's official podcast and is a little more topical and by the numbers from a night to night perspective. I don't tend to listen to it as often if I have other options, but it's definitely a fallback.

A Couple of Cold Ones - This was a Spill.com movie review podcast and I only just started listening to it as it was being shut down. Hollywood.com decided to close down Spill.com and all the podcasts went with it. Now it's a matter of waiting for Korey Coleman to get his new podcast (in the link) up and running for good. Haven't really found any other movie podcasts I like as much as this one.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:02 AM   #23
Mega
No-Fo You.

I always forget to subscribe to Giant Bombcast. Now it's done.

Now waiting on Couple of Cold Ones to get on iTunes
Old 03-21-2014, 07:24 PM   #24
Nuva
yes i vape

WTF With Marc Maron

Hardcore History

Stuff You missed in History Class

Skeptoid

The History of Rome

China History

James bonding
Old 03-21-2014, 07:32 PM   #25
SliceSabre
Frills and Lace

Send a message via MSN to SliceSabre Send a message via Skype™ to SliceSabre

Giant Bombcast was a great suggestion guys. So listening to this more at work.
SliceSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 07:55 PM   #26
Mega
No-Fo You.

I got around to listening to that this week, a little too developer sided for me. Can't really relate so far. Toilet stuff is pretty funny though.
Old 03-22-2014, 05:14 AM   #28
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega View Post
I got around to listening to that this week, a little too developer sided for me. Can't really relate so far. Toilet stuff is pretty funny though.
Really? It seems like one of the least business oriented podcasts I've listened to. Matter of fact, I think that's even part of their mission statement. Maybe it was just this week's podcast? 'Cause they have a couple of developer people on this week and are talking about things they rarely talk about.
Old 03-22-2014, 06:04 AM   #29
SliceSabre
Frills and Lace

Send a message via MSN to SliceSabre Send a message via Skype™ to SliceSabre

This was the first one I listened to as well and I was surprised about how much business stuff they talked about. I still enjoyed it mind you but I guess I was expecting gushing about certain games.
SliceSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 06:40 AM   #30
Auntie Grieves
Tip of the Dragon Penis

I remember giant bombcast spending an hour talking about woodworking a couple months ago. They're fun guys.