F@NB0Y$
Old 08-16-2011, 07:42 AM   #61
That Pooka
Orange you glad

Alright, not sure which one of these to do what in, so let's break ground on what we're doing.

Who is what and what do you do, and do you do two and how do you do?

For this thread, let's do the "How do you do?" and get some in-game names flowing. Do we have a guild for Fanboys? I've got a celestial Sigil used years ago and made a guild called "All of Guild Wars is my Guild" and I would be more than happy to induct your colloquial vagabond keisters.

What do you do:

Basically, post a name, and a time zone or a usual time you like to play. Name to figure out what I put on my "friends" list and play/time zone to figure out who else might be available.

Put in what campaigns you have available. Not everyone is gonna have the same missions, since there's close to a hundred missions including elite areas and hidden zones, dungeons, etc, not to mention thousands of quests ranging from hilarious to white knuckle, desk-bitingly difficult ones. And we want to know what places to look around in.

Do you do two:
It's possible that folks here with more than one account, or who know folks not playing to let you use their account, will be better able to help this Fanboys Guild. What we actually end up doing have everything to do with how much whining and elitism we have to deal with.

Also, list if you are liking to smack monsters around or other players, because a GvG guild would be something to think about. I look forward to the scrimmage matches we'll all take our frustrations out with.

Click here to post more information about your characters you play. We should figure out what kind of damage we're capable of.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:42 AM   #62
That Pooka
Orange you glad

Let's reboot all goddamn of them. Might as well be serious about this.

So the other thread is about who is who and what do you do? This one should establish a pattern. One of the best parts of the Guild I'm already in is that days are marked for what we try to do, there's at least five different people on at all times, and on the weekend that skyrockets to better than thirty folks. I'm not expecting that, but having a regular bowel movement is healthy so we should think about regular days to do regular events.

Let's try to hit Weekends and Wednesdays. We're all electro-savvy, TV is downloable entertainment we can pause and fast forward or drag the little cursor. Movies are expensive, and not worth it without someone to talk to before and after, or to smooch your honey, and that's expensive, too.

We don't know what everybody's schedule is, or even if they have one, but we could at least slap a few keys around to figure out what we'd like to do. How about working on a Team? If we make a character that is our main, we can synchronize them to get through any tough area in Guild Wars, or finish certain areas in minutes instead of hours. There are places in Factions that would take one player forty minutes to vanquish, or missions that have to split the team up to survive. If we have a character we focus on, the team can take turns getting help from their new characters.

Maybe we can do that for the weekend. Weekend Guild Warriors. We take our strong PCs through missions helping others Guildmates characters through.

The Cloft, Enlong, Nuva, Hace, heck, any Folks in this forum. Let's start uniting.

Post In This Thread for your Character Names, campaigns you play in, and the rough estimate time zone and time you regularly play. It's less than a real sentence, and will help establish us.

After getting that in order, start posting here what your characters are doing and where they are needing to get to. You'd be surprised how much more fun Guild Wars gets with additional folks.

I can post up a few links to websites for increasing knowledge of how Guild Wars works, even what skills are useful and which skill trainer has them.

The Official Guild Wars Wiki, by the players and the designers
The PvX Wiki, the builds and skills put to good use

Top URL is the official Guild Wars site, full of walkthroughs and spoilers, so watch yourself. Also shows you the progress of skills according to attributes, and how to get extra attributes. Elites skills have capture points, bosses listed by campaign and quest. There are armor galleries for every profession, for those who want to see everything available.

The secondary link is for the PvX Wiki, which organizes skillbars according to what you want to do. Farming, Vanquishing, general PvP and PvE, whatever you want to know to get back in. And the skills are cross-reference to the Official Wiki, so you can click to find out where you can get them.

It might look overwhelming, but it's just words. Once you find a skill you love to use, you're good to go, and that's better than any webpage.

I'd like to know how long some folks have been playing and when they stopped. Guild Wars has added many new and interesting effects and abilities since 2007.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:03 AM   #63
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

You didn't need to post in both.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:24 AM   #64
That Pooka
Orange you glad

A clusterfuck it is, then.

We'll throw organization to the wind, and see what sticks.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:31 AM   #65
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

You're right. It's a clusterfuck not having half a dozen Guild Wars threads, all with the same name, that you'd like to use for several different ill defined purposes.

Three threads got merged into one. One, if not two of them, would not have even existed if the pruning went as planned last week. Trying to cut down on unnecessary threads as it is. I think you'll live fine with just the one.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:47 AM   #66
That Pooka
Orange you glad

They're gone now, instead of renamed. I can't do anything about that. I appreciate the work you had to do to rename this thread and move both of my posts.

What do I need to do to organize Guild Wars into one forum thread? That's a challenge.

Those folks with Eye of the North who are needing to think about reaching 30 in the Hall of Monuments for Guild Wars 2, put your name into the calculator and see what is available.

The Hall of Monuments Rewards Calculator

That Pooka - Monk/X, Prophecies/Factions/Nightfall/Eye of the North, Finished, EST 6pm-10pm most nights. Early Sunday Mornings, until noon.
That Pooka Pal - Warrior/X,Finished
- Praetor, Necromancer/X, Pr&Fa finished, Nightfall -Grand Court of Sebelkeh, EotN-Starting Vanguard
- Primal, Ranger/X, Finished
- Paroxysm, Elementalist/X, Pr&Fa&EotN Finished, Nightfall - Grand Court of Sebelkeh
- Platonic, Mesmer/Paragon, Nightfall Starter Area - Blacktide Den
- Pugilist, Assassin/X, Tahnnakai Temple, Divinity Coast, Venta Cemetary, Gunnar's Hold
- Penitent, Ritualist/X, Pr&Fa Finished, Nightfall - Grand Court of Sebelkeh, EotN -Vanguard
- Punctual, Paragon/X, Nightfall Starter Area - Jokanur Diggings
- Praxises, Dervish/X, Fa&NF Finished, Prophecies - Sanctum Cay, EotN - Starting Norn

Those are my Characters, That Pooka is my main and the rest follow the alliteration. Those are the zones I have finished and/or am up to, and I can doubleback to help without any worries.

Nami, thanks again for the merger. The more effort, the better. Does F@NB0Y$ use a server for Ventrillo or Teamspeak or the like? during some missions, talking is faster than typing. I can type pretty quick, if not.

Last edited by That Pooka; 08-16-2011 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Asked a question. Mesmer Added. Also, cleaned it up a bit. Provided a link for Hall of Monuments Calculator. Add EST
That Pooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:02 AM   #67
That Pooka
Orange you glad

Default Rogue Gallery

Provided the forum itself doesn't tell me otherwise, I am posting some in-game screenshots in this thread. I will spoiler them, as some are larger in dimensions, but I reduced the actual memory size without losing their look too much.

Spoiler for Pooka Pal at Ventari's Refuge 840X525:

Spoiler for Mox's Glorious Golden Crotch 840X525:

Spoiler for Penitent and the Word Of Madness 426X546:

Spoiler for The Ersatz Irregulars One Through Four 926X424:
Further left, The Ersatz Forgiven, middle-left, The Ersatz Nurtured, middle-right, The Ersatz Branches, furthest right, The Ersatz Restored.
Necromancer, Ranger, Ranger, Monk, the orange thing in the middle is my Monk Character.
The White Crab is Ersatz Nurtured's Companion animal

Spoiler for The Ersatz Irregulars Five Through Eight 925X449:
Further left, The Ersatz Aware, middle-left, The Ersatz Puppetry, middle-right, The Ersatz Aperture, furthest right, The Ersatz Element.
Mesmer, Ritualist, Paragon, Elementalist, once again the orange thing in the middle is my Monk character. The Minion belongs to Ersatz Puppetry, the cow/scare/crow hybrid.

Spoiler for The Ascension Of Ersatz, the Upper-Crustacean 1680X1050(very Large):
Old 08-18-2011, 04:32 AM   #68
That Pooka
Orange you glad

Last night I got my mesmer to the Sunspear Sanctuary, then hopped over to Cantha for Vizunah Square. My team of heroes was matched with an Assassin and a team of henchmen.

He brought Su [Grave Henchman] with him, and I used Arcane Mimicry to pull her Elite off and Signet of Illusions to cast it. So I was carrying around a level 25 Flesh Golem, as a Mesmer. It was a lot of fun, I even managed to copy Mhenlo's Word of Healing and kept Togo alive during the second wave of Afflicted. It's a complicated build, but being able to shut down monsters and use their skills against them is amazing. I pulled Ray of Judgment off an Afflicted Monk and used it four times before it reset.

I never knew how much fun a Mesmer could be, I should have been using one years ago. I'm going for Nahpui Quarter tonight, maybe Tahnnakai through Unwaking Waters this weekend.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:54 AM   #69
That Pooka
Orange you glad

New Demo available. Boss Battle, it seems.
Old 08-19-2011, 03:48 AM   #70
That Pooka
Orange you glad

Last night's Nahpui went well, teamed up with a few new players to do the Shadow's Passage for easy coins, and in general had a lot of fun borrowing skills on my Mesmer again.

I was looking through my inventory and I have an abundance of extra items and upgrades, not to mention plenty of less than perfect weapon pieces to match up. For example, a few shields +17 to +19, and many one-handed weapons with +21 to +28. For heroes, perfect, since it gets rid of the storage slot and gives them enough health to slap a major rune on them.

I have some mix-n-match staff pieces as well. Any folks needing upgrades? I have fiery, ebon and other elemental upgrades for martial weapons, and a few Zealous/Vampiric ones as well.
Old 08-19-2011, 03:58 AM   #71
Profanity
Quatro Pro
Administrator

This game sucks.
Old 08-19-2011, 04:10 AM   #72
That Pooka
Orange you glad

Let me know where you're at in the game, this weekend we can get through a few missions. It's tough for a lot of folks, but once you figure out a few skills and learn some timing it stops sucking so much and becomes fun.
Old 08-19-2011, 04:18 AM   #73
Profanity
Quatro Pro
Administrator

Haha.

ahahaha.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:55 AM   #74
That Pooka
Orange you glad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profanity View Post
Haha.

ahahaha.
Hey man, it's not your fault. Maybe we should get your armor upgraded.

Guild Wars 2 PvP by Jon Peters.

Someone else actually laid out the specifics, better than I could, anyway. You don't have to make separate PvE and PvP characters. Switching to PvP automatically gives you access to the skills and makes your character the highest level and armor, so it doesn't give any bonus by players by having progressed through their personal stories more.

Some are saying this is bad, some saying it's good. It sounds a little like the Codex Arena[Sealed Deck] meets Large-Scale Real Time Strategy.

I'm not much for PvP, but I could adapt.

So, are there any other Guild Wars F@NB0Y$?
Old 08-19-2011, 08:12 AM   #75
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

Does World of Warcraft count? 'Cause I totes play that.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:31 AM   #76
That Pooka
Orange you glad

Anything you enjoy playing, to the point you want others to enjoy it as well, might qualify a fella as a "Fanboy" of that game.

I would be happy to call myself a member of the Guild Wars FaNB0Y$. Let's get that experience across.

Heh, "Totes".

Last edited by That Pooka; 08-19-2011 at 08:34 AM. Reason: "Totes"
Old 08-19-2011, 08:40 AM   #77
Doctor Zhao
ŽD

bonjour
Old 08-19-2011, 08:54 AM   #78
That Pooka
Orange you glad

Salut mon ami!
Old 08-19-2011, 10:21 AM   #79
Doctor Zhao
ŽD

GUILD WARS IS OVER

YOU ARE NO LONGER MY PRINCE AND YOU ARE NO LONGER MY SON
Old 08-19-2011, 10:26 AM   #80
That Pooka
Orange you glad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Zhao View Post
GUILD WARS IS OVER

YOU ARE NO LONGER MY PRINCE AND YOU ARE NO LONGER MY SON
Nice, King AdelBURN.

I haven't participated in any real Wars in a while, but the War of Purity is still burning in Cantha. I'm looking forward to the Nightfall War, most likely with Palawa Joko and his undead forces marching through Elona.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:35 AM   #81
Doctor Zhao
ŽD

Old 08-19-2011, 10:42 AM   #82
That Pooka
Orange you glad

Thanks for that. 8D
Old 08-19-2011, 02:43 PM   #83
That Pooka
Orange you glad

http://guildwars2.mondespersistants....article-310,2/

Something I thought was interesting:

Quote:
M.P.: We hear many things about the World vs World: the way it will be organized, the length of the fights…But what can you tell us about the faction balancing? Will we be able to enter a combat zone without the proper number of players in the team?

C.J.: The World vs World will not be balanced at all, and it is working as intended. The dynamism of the server, and the ability of mobilizing a lot of players will be very important. The Worl[d] vs. World zone will really have a lot of pvp fights, but also PVE content and dynamic events.
Old 08-20-2011, 02:34 AM   #84
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

Old 08-20-2011, 06:26 AM   #85
Doctor Zhao
ŽD

Why so GOOD
Old 08-20-2011, 11:23 AM   #86
Jake
In a word or a look

Send a message via AIM to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake

THERES SOMETHING IN THE WATER AHHHHHHHHHHHH.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:48 AM   #87
That Pooka
Orange you glad

What's policy on spoilers/conjecture? The current Winds of change storyline for Factions is being released in three parts, we're on part one and I have some theories. I don't want Profanity editing my posts this time.

But aside from that, my Mesmer is at Sunjiang District, and my Ritualist is starting Gate of Desolation. I might try to get some of that done tonight.

My Ritualist also has Riverside Assassination set up to go from Sanctum Cay, and the Wanted By The Shining Blade: is Kimii today, so that's a few extra War supplies for Medals/Royal Gifts. Tomorrow's wanted will be used in Temple of the Intolerable, which follows a Little Help From Above, so they're slightly out of order but are great for the extra supplies in those next quests. I'll be doing those soon, so you know you'd have company.

Anyone up for an Urgoz run sometime? I've done The Deep, it's not too tough and I wouldn't mind doing that again. Twelve-person parties, even with heroes it takes some finesse to get the rooms right.

Last edited by That Pooka; 08-23-2011 at 09:14 AM. Reason: War in Kryta stuff
Old 08-25-2011, 11:56 AM   #88
That Pooka
Orange you glad

Default Spoilers and Conjecture

Alright, no reply means yellow light, so I'll go slow.
Spoiler for Factions Storyline Spoiler:
During the main storyline of Factions, you learn that Togo, Headmaster Togo of Shing Jae Monastery, is the half-brother to the Emperor of Cantha, born many years before Emperor Kisu to the previous emperor's concubine. Accordingly, Togo could not become emperor, but does share the royal bloodline. This is more or less thrown into your face during the Tahnnakai Temple mission.

And again, later on, when the Traitorous Shiro Tagachi reveals he will slay the Emperor of Cantha once again to return to the mortal world. During raisu Pavilion, you, Mhenlo, togo, and your team, rescue the Emperor. Togo, specifically, charges ahead to save the emperor's life. Shiro immediately realizes Togo is royal blood, and slays Togo instead. This completes Shiro's ceremony and Shiro returns to flesh and blood, alive once again.

The emperor emplores to you slay Shiro, avenge togo, and the celestial envoys ask you to bring balance to life and death once more. Imperial Sanctum is where you face off against what is essentially a demigod, Shiro Tagachi.

So, if you already know what happens, or, if you read the spoiler above, here's my Conjecture:
Spoiler for Winds of Change Storyline Conjecture:
Initiate Zei Ri is a Ritualist, using skills that benefit item spells, yet Zei Ri carries no item spells on his skillbar(or at least has not yet used one).

Zei Ri wears a mask of anonymity, and is a member of the Ministry of Purity. He joins the player and offers quests where they find the remaining Afflicted and remove them from this world, Zei Ri states on many occasions that he knows it is not the fault of the Afflicted, and that he hopes to bring them peace from their current existence.

Zei Ri brings up some interesting questions.

Master Togo and his brother, Emperor Kisu are both Ritualists. Kisu has every reason to want to hunt down the Afflicted, but he has far too many branches of government to go through to get anything done.

It is my belief that, under these circumstances, Initiate Zei Ri is actually Emperor Kisu, disguised as an Initiate of the Ministry of Purity, which is banding together the people of Cantha to protect themselves against the Afflicted and the dangerous Am Fah/Jade Brotherhood gangs.

It would explain where the Ministry of Purity has gotten their funding, and why Zei Ri wears a mask and has the Ritualist primary.

It would also explain why he has no item spell.

Ritualists carry urns containing the ashes of great heroes of the past, imbuing the Ritualist with a great power from that person whose ashes they carry. If Zei Ri is in fact Emperor Kisu, and the storyline is to be followed, he will undoubtedly be betrayed and have to defend himself.

If anyone could have been called a modern Hero of Cantha, it would be Master Ritualist Togo. And if anyone could wield such a mighty spell, it would be his brother, The Emperor Kisu of Cantha.

So I expect it to be revealed, and Kisu will sacrifice himself to wield such power and save his people. Kisu's successor, Usaku, apparently shuts all outsides from Cantha and isolates the entire continent before Guild wars 2.

Winds of Change could be setting up for Emperor Kisu to die, or, perhaps, to step down.
Old 08-25-2011, 02:42 PM   #89
Konata

I still need to finish Nightfall..Factions is way better though, for a story
Old 09-15-2011, 11:47 AM   #90
Doctor Zhao
ŽD