F@NB0Y$

Go Back   F@NB0Y$ > Artistic Endeavors > Eye Candy > Pictures with Panels

Old 08-12-2015, 02:31 AM   #721
Addy
NOT!!! A CLOD!!

that is a huge bummer cuz I really love having single issues ;w;

thanks for the tips though, I'll probz start looking into the paperbacks. maybe a Kindle or some kind of tablet so I can read comics away from the computer on something.. somewhat physical, at least
Old 08-12-2015, 02:59 AM   #722
Oliver

Personally I'm more of a TPB guy(though partly because of necessity), I'm probably going to order quite a few of them through amazon sometime soon, along with an omnibus or two. I've also got some friends who're willing to split the shipping costs.

I've bought a few books domestically but there's usually the problem of either empty stocks or shit being more expensive than the goods AND the shipping.
Old 08-18-2015, 07:42 PM   #723
Hoogie
STYLE

I wanna talk about an artist whose work I've been enamored for a long time now. Her name is GG and here's her main site. The first thing I saw of hers was Semi-Vivi which was one of her entry of The Comics Workbook's eight panel grid competition, I think it got second place. It has this feel like an old French film that I have a hard time describing but it's present throughout her work. Don't Leave Me Alone was also made for the same competition and it's utterly devastating. Those two really made an impact on me and I was immediately in love with these comics.

Then she made A Mysterious Process and I'm Crazy. A Mysterious Process is probably her most interesting comic and she really capitalizes on that film-like feeling with the panel composition and the way text is presented as subtitles. Presentation is also a cool part of I'm Crazy, I'm crazy about form and this has such clean lines and the four panel grid and the way she does the text and internal dialogue. It's so pretty. She just wrapped up Unattainable and it's structured similarly to A Mysterious Process but there's no dialogue and all text is on various screens, there's also a very neat limited color palette that visually solidifies what the comic is about. And she's also been doing this experimental comic called Dear.

I recommend following her on tumblr to keep up to date since she posts everything there. I'm just a huge fan of hers and I just got Unattainable in the mail (I bought everything of hers, except I missed out on Don't Leave Me Alone, and she makes really interesting choices for physical presentation as well) so I wanted to share.

Semi-Vivi
Don't Leave Me Alone
A Mysterious Process
I'm Crazy
Unattainable
Dear

Hoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 09:08 AM   #724
Nuva
yes i vape

I just went through Don't Leave Me Alone and I think I see what you mean by her style. There's definitely something captivating about the paneling and the lack of colors as well as the minimal dialogue.

I'll check the other stuff out right now.
Old 08-28-2015, 04:49 PM   #725
Nuva
yes i vape

The Li'l Depressed Boy is probably the first time in a long time I had to stop reading a comic because it was too real.

Its really good.