F@NB0Y$

Go Back   F@NB0Y$ > Gaming > The Hobby Shop

Old 06-22-2010, 08:49 PM   #1
Nafleky
RICKY FITNESS!

Default PREP: NO REAL TITLE BUT GUNS, AND GUITARS, AND SWORDS, AND APOCALYPSE!

OKAY SO THIS IS A PREP. This is a great prep, this prep here is for a funny RP. FUNNY RP

So here's the idea, were going to set things up.

Updated story:

The year is 2272 on an alternate universe Earth. In 1972 the world was stressful, while the world was caught in a Cold War and majestic things had occurred: Somehow the final straw was broken. The Soviets attacked the states, the States attacked China, China attacked Europe, most of modern civilization blew up in a mushroom. Some countries were wiped off the map and other countries that were not even attacked kept hidden: deterred themselves away from the war as much as possible. Not all of the world is so lucky to hide themselves in a safe little haven from the horrors that are the world. Some people live in a world they had no control over, some people live in what's left.

The area that was once the South West part of the former United States of America, is a region now called The Expanse. The area is a harsh one to live in, the landscape mainly consists of various types of desert. The plant life has variety, mainly a slightly mutated form of what it use to be or almost the same damn thing. Rain is scarce in this land, when it rains though the sky weeps so hard it floods people's hopes. This land is difficult, but the people who grew up here are use to it. This is the only kind of life they know and the only kind of life they want to live, and most people from the outside can't handle it.

The Expanse is broken up into several City States, the city of Vegas has become the central hub due to it's odd luck of not getting hit. The city looks almost like a fortress now, surrounded by a large wall it stands as a capital of success in a world of death. Other cities have fared well, though not as well, due to misfires and pure luck, some are pacifists in nature, some are rough. Either way they all converge to Vegas when something needs to be taken care of.

The land is united by enemies, and only enemies, sometimes sending out people to fight for their own pleasure. Russian remnants still exist in the land, still trying to sabotage the world the people live in. People of all cities also fear the follower's of Death, those who wander the plains claiming the souls of wanderers to amass their own army. Diminishing life from the world so that Death may rule himself.

You are a person who must live in this world, a person unknown to the outside world because communication is not a large commodity. As a child you were selected to go to Vegas when you would be older. Who knows how long you've been there but you were raised in a city state, inspired by them. Your job is to be a fighter, someone who doesn't fight for their city state soley, someone who fights for The Expanse.
The guitars will be like, old ones, from a while ago. And the swords will be cool. Guns will be limited to where you're from, and that would determine the kind of gun they would have (For isntance Tombstone would have revolvers and old shotguns while Communists would have AKs and such). For whatever reason, you are being sent out to different regions, to deal with each other and recover items. It's a competition set up, to see who will deal with each other and who will turn on the other's backs! This will send you through the vast desert that is The Expanse.

And ruskies will not have instrumental weapons, because they are Communists.

Hahaha.

So like.

Suggestions.

Different City States:

Lost Angles: The people from LA are the weirdest kind of people, they're also one of the most relaxed next to Two Tone County. These people live for the here and now, the idea of adventure and the idea of relaxing. They have a certain pride about themselves even though they seem obsessed with Surf Culture. The music they play when the meet with their fights goes along with the many feelings of Surf Music. People from this region tend to walk around in sandals and don't wear nearly as much as other cultures, they're even seen around the wastes in wetsuits that are zipped down just in case.

Last Vegas: King of rock died here years ago, this city has dedicated itself to the night light and rock'n'roll. They like the night life bright lights, and shaking their hips. They're the most outlandish and outspoken of all the areas, but they're also the central hub of the society that's developed. The people here tend to be richer, smarter, and a bit more of a dick to be frank. They are not afraid to speak their mind, but also love the idea of a sport. They care the most neutral of all the areas, oddly enough, because in the end they care too much about themselves to care about the bickering of others. They're also the only neutral area that has been assertive enough to remain the epicenter, this is due to a better defense, a larger area for group meetings, and just more things to do while there for a meeting.

Tombstone: This city adopted it's name from the town that was known for cowboys back in the day. Actually located where Tuscan would be, Tombstone has adapted many ideals from the city it takes it's name after, at least the fantasy of it. It's known for salons, gunfights, and racking up quite the cemetery. People who wanted to keep living the cowboy dream, the idea of freedom and living on the land retreated to this area. They have to barter more than other cities, making for charming talkers, but act in the way of country music, old saloon music, and cowboys.

New Mexico/ Northern Mexico: The region of New Mexico and the norther part of what was Mexico that is close to the South West are very similar, there are still a few very populated cities in these areas that most people tend to come from like TJ an Roswell (stupid derp names later) but they have a very simliar base. While people from New Mexico region tend to show a lot of influence from their neighbors, the Mexicans tend to have very thick accents and very standard. Both have stayed with a very latin style of music. New Mexico tends to be more upbeat and quick paced. Mexicans are actually seen as classic Mariachis, but tend to be a bit more dramatic in their music.

El Alamo: While the real Alamo had been destroyed, a small city picked up the name (much like with Tombstone) and developed on the western side of Texas. Using the name symbolically for being able to hold off the Soviets. They are similar to Tombstone in many respects, both are country cities, both are very western in their heritage, but there's a certain pride people have from El Alamo that you wont find anywhere else in the region. They're not as charming as the people from Tombstone and honor traditions and groups more then individualism.

Two Tone County: The other carefree city next to Los Angles, after the war this area has named itself after Two-Tone ska. The people call themselves the Two-Town army in an extreme way. The people who live here don't usually go out of their way to bug others, and only really appear when it comes down to prove what's what. They live and let learn though, literally the most relaxed people, although they will stand up for their right to live when it comes down to it. They're also one of the few cities that seems to follow a dress code of always wearing checkers. (ie: I recognize that around the start of war 2 tone did not exist yet, but considering the years past from the war to now we can pretend, same with metal when I type up about the metals)

H.E.L.L. High Elevation Living Land is about the dumbest name anyone ever came up with, but HELL ain't what it use to be. This city looks like a giant mixture of factories that were built here due to increased warfare, and these factories had originally been built in secret in Utah, closer to Nevada, because no one would suspect weapon manufacturers in Utah. HELL deserves it's name though, after the apocalypse the place somehow been built up to have even more factories and one can tell they're nearing such a place when the sky turns black with smoke. This is a city of metal on two levels, the upper half is workers, one of the few ammo manufactures left in the world where they also rock out and get drunk everyday, and then the underbelly that is literally Hell. The city of HELL is ran by DEATH himself. (Death and his higher ups will be NPCs) These guys listen to metal, classic metal to just plain metal. Most of the off branches of metal that are insane like Epic and Fantasy stayed in Europe because they never really had a chance to move over seas. They're known for being the kind of person who can drink all night and wake up fine in the morning, and they are known to have literal axes in their guitars instead of guns.

Rocks & Boulders: No one knows for sure where the city state of Rocks & Boulders is, the city is invisible, though many suspect it's in a Canyon area due to it's name. The city of R&B has a play on itself, the name reflects the music, which reflects the look. The people of R&B are normally calm, though they suffer the depressions of the world. They're one of the few places that seems to keep a history of what has happened and what was already written. Their city is smokey, this is one of the few cities ran by a black man. Due to the nature the world was left in, racial tensions were still pretty strained! R&B doesn't like the way they're treated, though they're more pained than angry that even now such hate exists.

Cannibals: These guys are bastards, these guys go around eating people and feeding on them. They don't rely on the same things that we all rely on for a source of food and have been known to rape their victims.They can be found in the areas that were Texas, New Mexico, Utah, and Nevada.

Raiders: Punk may have never started, according to some people, but anarchy is in the root of all man. They're reckless, have no true city home and are use to feeding off others and trying to bring down systems that towns have set up. They steal whatever they want, pillage whenever they feel like it, and kidnap people to "convince" them they should be a raider. They wear patched up clothing and tend to be covered in horribly done tattoos. They can be found all over but mostly the areas that were California, Arizona, New Mexico, and Mexico.

Mockup Character Sheet:
Name:
Home City State/Gang
Height/Build:
Appearance:

Main Weapon: (sword or such, will be based around)
Main Instrument: (Guitar, Bass, Saxophone, whatever you can take with you on the go. State a model as well.)
Theme Song: (This would be like, a song or two you pick that reflects the kind of music they like most from their Home City.)

Brief History:

Last edited by Nafleky; 07-01-2010 at 12:54 PM.
Nafleky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:52 PM   #2
The Yukan
EAGLEBONES

...Dibs on a 1960's Les Paul Special...
The Yukan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:53 PM   #3
Nafleky
RICKY FITNESS!

People might have the same guitar. OKAY.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:55 PM   #4
The Yukan
EAGLEBONES

xD

Nah, I know what kind I want and it'll be a unique ride....

Hmm... Cave mutants, cannibals, wandering gangs, crazy cooks in bomb shelters..?
Old 06-22-2010, 08:57 PM   #5
Nafleky
RICKY FITNESS!

Of course, this is the wasteland.

Like, that's generic shit to go in weird RP with no real purpose yet!
Old 06-22-2010, 08:57 PM   #6
Hace
hello

Oh my god yessssss

Make a character sheet though, I refuse to not use a template.

Also are there factions we choose or what is happening hereeeee
Old 06-22-2010, 08:58 PM   #7
Nafleky
RICKY FITNESS!

Well I haven't made a character sheet yet, because I want input, on like, where the story should be going. So I can like, actually focus and write up a real story for the OOC thread.

The idea is there will be places that people will be from. Like Los Angles, or other derpy names I come up with. They'll probably be heading towards Lost Vegas (ORIGINAL NAME DO NOT STEAL), probably for the title of something. Because like I said, this is inspired by Six String Samurai.

I don't know if there's going to be a Death character.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:59 PM   #8
The Yukan
EAGLEBONES

Don't forget the wandering tanks, the battalion of undead soldiers who still think the war is going on, sand people, lost technology, sexy blood suckers, undead zeds, the ghost of an angry general?
Old 06-22-2010, 09:00 PM   #9
Nafleky
RICKY FITNESS!

No. That's dumb Yukan.

I'll tell you what, there will be a weird things and mutants and stuff. So like. I will figure that out too.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:00 PM   #10
The Yukan
EAGLEBONES

>.>

I was just trying to help. -.-
Old 06-22-2010, 09:04 PM   #11
Nafleky
RICKY FITNESS!

I know, but like, you went off into stupid land. This is already weird in that for some reason most people will be fight with them. To prove how rockin' they are.

There will be like cannibals. I mean, this is not serious. There would be drama, but like, the basic concept is going to be something ridiculous when I pan it out.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:05 PM   #12
The Yukan
EAGLEBONES

Too metal...
Old 06-22-2010, 09:07 PM   #13
Nafleky
RICKY FITNESS!

Okay wait, I'll type up a few factions in the first post now.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:10 PM   #14
The Yukan
EAGLEBONES

SIGH!

okay, okay, I wanna help.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:19 PM   #15
Hace
hello

Shit, you need vampires, from like I Am Legend. The book version, mind you.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:22 PM   #16
The Yukan
EAGLEBONES

...I put something up there. *sigh*
Old 06-22-2010, 10:03 PM   #17
Nafleky
RICKY FITNESS!

No, that might be like an enemy, but I'm only posting factions for playable characters at the moment.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:28 AM   #18
Tombstone
Famous Royalsguardsman

I will RP as the town of Tombstone, revealing that the town is actually sentient and very much alive.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:09 AM   #19
Haven
the Ever Smiling

Ooh! This sounds...interesting. I'll give it a try.

(please read it!)
Haven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 02:16 AM   #20
Nafleky
RICKY FITNESS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone View Post
I will RP as the town of Tombstone, revealing that the town is actually sentient and very much alive.
Well, like I said, the communities are just sort of brief right now. I'll go more in depth.

The next towns I have in mind are like a city that revolves around the Blues, Mexican dudes, one ska, and maybe even like metal. So each city would basically be a different fighting style.

And I'm totally doing ska because I have an idea for that person. But this would be classic two tone ska. I might change the year to 1972-ish to make a lot more sense of the music scene.

The area the origins will expand from are from California (southern half), Nevada, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas (western part), and Mexico.

Tombstone will probably be shifted, like it's not the original town of Tombstone but somewhere a bit different but they adopted the name. Haven't decided.

So it's obvious we're not all going to be starting off in different states, there will be one area or so that will be about where people can start from.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:46 AM   #21
Nafleky
RICKY FITNESS!

Update: Went a bit more indepth with the areas, still thinking of where the Metal city should be located. I imagine Two Tone County is probably Orange County or San Diego. Blues will probably be in Utah or Nevada/California border. Haven't decided.

Also went a bit more into their attitudes, as they're affected by the music that plays there and just overall sort of is like a race in itself.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:10 AM   #22
SliceSabre
Frills and Lace

Send a message via MSN to SliceSabre Send a message via Skype™ to SliceSabre

Ohhhhh.....
SliceSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 07:56 AM   #23
The Yukan
EAGLEBONES

In the middle of the desert...
Old 06-23-2010, 08:27 AM   #24
JakReaver
Explosions Daily

Send a message via AIM to JakReaver Send a message via MSN to JakReaver

2 AK47s, 2 SVUs, and 2 M-16s to form this.

I know that's not an SVU but who cares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakReaver View Post
You drink OOC and eat IC.

PREP, Your condiments.

Last edited by JakReaver; 06-23-2010 at 08:29 AM.
JakReaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:29 AM   #25
The Yukan
EAGLEBONES

Pfft... Not my style... Fuck I need to figure out how to embed if ever there is a train in this RP.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:31 AM   #26
JakReaver
Explosions Daily

That or a Gibson EDS-1275.

Quote:

PREP, Your condiments.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:34 AM   #27
The Yukan
EAGLEBONES

Oooooh nice... But no...
Old 06-23-2010, 08:38 AM   #28
JakReaver
Explosions Daily

No no no...That would be mine. You can have your 60's Les Paul Special.

I'll take my Doubleneck or The Beast and melt faces all over over this place.

Quote:

PREP, Your condiments.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:41 AM   #29
The Yukan
EAGLEBONES

Nope, I'm going with something only Glam-metal heads would know about and I'm using it for my Two Toner. Would it be okay if I made a rowdy little fucker to represent the more intense side of punk-ska?

Last edited by The Yukan; 06-23-2010 at 08:48 AM.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:48 AM   #30
JakReaver
Explosions Daily

Are you talking more on the lines of KISS and Motley Crew or more like Poison and L.A. Guns?

Twisted Sister, KISS, Motley Crew, Poison, L.A. Guns, and Ratt are the only Glam Metal bands I have albums of, sadly. X.x

Quote:

PREP, Your condiments.