F@NB0Y$

Go Back   F@NB0Y$ > General > Journals

Old 12-11-2015, 05:05 PM   #4411
Addy
NOT!!! A CLOD!!

Unemployed, keeping busy tho. I had plans to go to a convention last week but they fell through. My intent was to table and sell art so I had a bunch of stuff made up, but I stuck it all into an Etsy shop so I'm still able to make a lil' bit.

http://etsy.com/shop/AddarkArt

Goin' back to real work the day after Christmas, woo. I'm getting that itch to find something new pretty bad lately but it's still a job I don't hate, so... gonna stick with it as long as I can.

I forgot where else I was going with this post, whoops
Old 12-11-2015, 06:23 PM   #4412
Siz
Tibetan Warrior Monk

Your house repairs.

shaaaaaaa.......
Siz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 03:33 PM   #4413
Addy
NOT!!! A CLOD!!

oh yeah I suppose! I've been living back home for a few weeks now so it's all pretty back to normal. My bedroom is no longer neon green from when my sister used to live here, it's a nice cool white and gray. New carpet, new beds! I lost a bit of space but it's no biggie. I have a closet now too. ;w;

It's still a little cluttered from trying to get everything organized with less space to work with, otherwise I'd post a picture or two.

The roofers haven't contacted us since it all went down. Probably for the best.
Old 12-19-2015, 04:05 PM   #4414
Addy
NOT!!! A CLOD!!

lmao the roofers got back to us

"so like, we demand payment in full even tho we didn't even finish because reasons???? HOW DARE U"

we paid the original estimate and they're literally trying to charge us $4500 in "non estimate work fees"

THE ROLLERCOASTER NEVER ENDS but at least we have a ton of paperwork backing us up, aw yea
Old 12-19-2015, 07:23 PM   #4415
RadiantBurrito
Professional Sandbag

how is game???
RadiantBurrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 07:53 AM   #4416
Siz
Tibetan Warrior Monk

This might be the time to tell them that you might bring this to court.

shaaaaaaa.......
Siz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 04:32 PM   #4417
Addy
NOT!!! A CLOD!!

Yeah we're lawyering up, just waiting until after the holidays. :'3

Rad - IT'S GREAT, THE CUTEST, THANK U SO MUCH
Old 12-21-2015, 11:00 PM   #4418
Ves
The Human

so wait they did the job so badly that they might actually be liable for the damage done to the house, but are actually demanding more money?

thats pretty impressive
Ves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 11:24 PM   #4419
Addy
NOT!!! A CLOD!!

they were liable for the damages and we basically had to remodel half the house. I have some pictures on my iPod I've been meaning to upload but basically we had no upstairs for a while because they were like "lol, it's not gonna rain, we don't have to tarp the roof" and then we got two days of torrential rainfall. they thankfully had insurance and that covered the cost of most of the repairs but we were still literally homeless for two months. UNFORTUNATELY part of the agreement with getting the insurance money from them was signing a contract saying we couldn't sue them for emotional distress or anything, lmao.

incredibly luckily almost no items were damaged, just the house itself. the only things i have to replace are some art prints from some friends but they all thankfully have more copies ~ and insurance covered it so they also get to make a bit more money lmao

i probz mentioned it already but when the insurance adjuster was here with the roofers, as they were all leaving, the roofers were like, "so, do you want us to do your garage roof, too?" so
not very smart, incredibly ballsy

post disaster the roofer's wife tried to bond with me over PSO when she saw me playing it but couldn't tell me what it was called and claimed to play it all the time on her Macbook in college, then tried to get me to give her my number so she could help me get into grad school for computer science all because I built my PC
i guess if we're friends i won't sue her husband or something???????

i sort of named this journal thread as "Addy's Silly Life" as sort of a joke but it sure is an adventure sometimes
Old 12-22-2015, 10:02 AM   #4420
Inferno
Tea and murder

Send a message via AIM to Inferno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addy View Post
they thankfully had insurance and that covered the cost of most of the repairs but we were still literally homeless for two months. UNFORTUNATELY part of the agreement with getting the insurance money from them was signing a contract saying we couldn't sue them for emotional distress or anything, lmao.
Can you sue them for things other than emotional distress? I guess you can, if you're getting lawyers ready. Their negligence displaced you for two months, that seems lawsuit-worthy to me.
Old 12-22-2015, 03:07 PM   #4421
Addy
NOT!!! A CLOD!!

We're just trying to prove that they're full of shit and we don't have to pay literally double their original estimate. ;w; we're not after emotional damage or anything (but i did ask if we could try lmao, APPARENTLY NOT)

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/co...ct_54984_7.htm i'm reading through this now :')
Old 01-21-2016, 11:48 PM   #4422
Addy
NOT!!! A CLOD!!

oh hey this thread

i'm back at work!
my boss quit tho and he has a new, potentially better job at another restaurant farther away - and he offered me a job there! i didn't take it because winter driving sucks ass and it's literally 45 minutes one way on a lake in an extra snowy area
i'm still at my current job; my friend got promoted to manager position and i'm sortaaa promoted too but i'm also not .. getting paid more .. just doing extra paperwork. on the clock. so same wage but just another hour or so a week. B)

the seasonal depression sure is killing me lately tho
getting out of bed is rough but i'm tryinggg
Old 01-31-2016, 06:45 PM   #4423
Mayu_Zane
ART-STRONAUT

More work but not more money?

What kind of scam is this
Old 01-31-2016, 11:04 PM   #4424
Addy
NOT!!! A CLOD!!

CAPITALIST AMERICA, MY FRIEND
Old 04-13-2016, 09:52 PM   #4425
Addy
NOT!!! A CLOD!!

i'm a journal slacker

ok so work is fine, the hotel manager's doing all that paperwork for me instead yaaay i just have to enter inventory once every few weeks

also I was laid off from March 8th until .. this Friday! i pissed away most of my time off sleeping but i also got to collect unemployment and work on some artstuff <3

my tablet stopped working on my PC so I reinstalled Windows recently aaand it's still not working. So thanks to income tax refunds and Proffy's suggestion to JUST DO IT, I ordered a Surface Pro 3. Here's hoping it'll be nicer to me than the Huion screen tablet I bought (and returned) in February.. ;w;

anyways, yeah. uh. oh, in March I was food safety certified with a certificate and everything so that's cool. Too bad I don't want to continue working in food service after this, but y'know, still pretty neat to have.

NOT A WHOLE LOT OF EXCITEMENT GOING ON THESE DAYS...
Old 04-15-2016, 02:44 PM   #4426
Addy
NOT!!! A CLOD!!

oh, yeah, my left ear has been blocked for a month and some days now. i haven't lost hearing from what i can tell (it's still there, just muffled, and varies depending on allergies) and i'm starting to think my sinuses are just fucked uuup.

guess i should make a doctor's appointment this coming week #noinsurance
Old 05-24-2016, 06:48 PM   #4427
Addy
NOT!!! A CLOD!!

YEARLY DRUNKWEEKEND IN WISCONSIN IS GOOO

in the mornin'

Old 07-09-2016, 05:14 PM   #4428
Addy
NOT!!! A CLOD!!

ok ok so here's what's been happening:

drunk weekend was A+, I'm apparently in my friend's wedding again so I have to find an outfit that fits their theme by the end of October
work work work work work
i sold art at Anthrocon and made like $350, unfortunately it also cost me like $360 to get there and for the hotel and food BUT all things considered, that's not bad. also made a bunch of friends, contacts, and more - including a dude who used to work for Insomniac. I ALSO KNOW HOW TO BETTER SELL ART AT CONVENTIONS, WOO.
I have medical insurance now thanks to being super poor! :D and dental. this is cool. I can finally get my wisdom teeth removed - five years later!!!!!

things is pretty cool i guess. i miss this forum tho.
Old 07-11-2016, 01:30 PM   #4429
Mega
No-Fo You.

It's still here though!
Old 07-31-2016, 03:20 PM   #4430
Addy
NOT!!! A CLOD!!

TRUE ENOUGH BUT I MEAN.. LOOK AT IT.......
Old 07-31-2016, 07:29 PM   #4431
Scoffee
Assssss Cobra

Send a message via MSN to Scoffee

Oh drat I shoulda had my bf come by and get art from you! Ive always wanted to visit anthrocon. Hooray for insurance! Nothin better than getting dumb body stuff fixed
Old 08-02-2016, 08:55 AM   #4432
Inferno
Tea and murder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addy View Post
I can finally get my wisdom teeth removed - five years later!!!!!
Have they already come in? I think the procedure is a little different if they have.
Old 08-06-2016, 02:16 PM   #4433
Addy
NOT!!! A CLOD!!

Nah all four are bone impacted so they're just chillin' in my jawbone. :')

Scoof - Oh man you should've!! OR JUST COME SAY HI NEXT YEAR CUZ I'M PROBZ GONNA GO AGAIN...?!?!
Old 08-06-2016, 02:54 PM   #4434
Hlavco
Your imaginary friend

Send a message via AIM to Hlavco Send a message via MSN to Hlavco Send a message via Skype™ to Hlavco

Wisdom teeth removal is not fun. I had to get all four removed (they were all impacted), and I took like three days off of work plus the weekend just to wallow in my misery and eat oatmeal.

Then again, I got a cyst removed from my jaw at the same time and that may have been a bigger pain source, because my brother got his wisdom teeth removed a year after mine and he went back to work the next day like nothing even happened.
Old 08-07-2016, 09:24 AM   #4435
Inferno
Tea and murder

A hint: You're going to be swollen for a few days and they'll have you put ice on it, but (in my experience) the ice doesn't work as well by like the third day. When that happens, try applying heat instead.

It's going to take a few weeks before you can eat everything like usual again. Leafy greens were the hardest.
Old 08-07-2016, 10:36 AM   #4436
Addy
NOT!!! A CLOD!!

Yeahhh. ;w; I'm not getting it done anytime soon; work is way too busy and I can't get the weekish off I'd probz need. Thankfully, though, layoff season is coming ~
Old 08-07-2016, 11:55 AM   #4437
Profanity
Quatro Pro
Administrator

I felt fine the day of my surgery and basically don't think the experience was even painful at all.
Old 08-08-2016, 10:53 PM   #4438
Addy
NOT!!! A CLOD!!

NOT EVERYBODY IS AS POWERFUL AS YOU
Old 09-08-2016, 04:13 PM   #4439
Addy
NOT!!! A CLOD!!

I want to have some kind of internet "garage sale" but I don't know where to list a ton of stuff for sale that isn't eBay

I don't like eBay all that much??? idk

my anxiety has been balls to the wall these last few weeks, largely due to feeling shitty because of my terrible diet which i'm trying to remedy with vitamin supplements but LOL WHO KNOWSSSS... but I'm also finally making some kind of "plan" so I have goals to work for and stuff

Vinvect's wedding in October
Layoff season in November
MFF in Chicago in December, then back to work ($$$)
PAX South in January
February, March, save save save ... then April, I think, is when I'm gonna really start looking for a place and a new job. Not that I don't love this job but we really need a "second in command" and I'm the only one who really can take that position and I REALLY DON'T WANT TO??? It's too much. ;w; Being in charge of people and telling them what to do when I can barely keep myself together is not something I can comfortably do in this environment.

also there's a chance other coworkers are leaving and auuughhhhhhhhhh

oh and also also also
http://rihcomic.tumblr.com
that's a thing now, hopefully
Old 09-29-2016, 11:59 PM   #4440
Addy
NOT!!! A CLOD!!

i love how every time i try to make a plan and work toward it, something throws a wrench in the works before it even gets into gear

BUT ON THE BRIGHT SIDE, THIS IS A GOOD WRENCH: i'm moving in with a buddy in Waukegan, IL, the first week of November! Renting a bedroom from his mother. And it's perfectly within budget. <3

The only hangup I have is that there's no concrete job there yet, but I have a few leads and even though I don't want to go back into food service, my certifications mean I'm basically a solid managerial choice at any reasonable place. I.. don't really want that, but at the same time, I might be able to deal with it if the pay is right. AND NO MORE WORKING RIDICULOUS HOURS ?!?!?

speaking of that, one of our two dishwashers (the other being my sister) is going to jail in a few days so he's not going to be able to wash dishes, my sister has another job so LOL NOBODY TO PICK UP SLACK
WE'RE A FULLY BOOKED HOTEL
management's just like "put more cooks on ;)" because we're apparently disposable or something. sooo I guess it's all happening just in the nick of time.
Also my coworker boss-friend is leaving for a better job in Wisconsin very soon so if I wasn't leaving, too, I'd probably have to pick her slack up and fuck thaaat it's so much work for shit pay. I'm capped out at like 9.25 and this guy who has worked there a fraction of the time I've been there, at a lower level than me, is making $9. Not supposed to know these things but :^) it shows how appreciated the kitchen staff really is.

so next few weeks are gonna be weird and stressful, then I go to my friend's wedding (whcih I don't think I'm in again??? I HAVE NO IDEA ANYMORE, HECK), then literally the following week, book it for Waukegan.

It's 40 miles north of Chicago, btw, and I can take the Metra UP-N to Chicago proper for hella cheap. So I'm pretty excited to be closer to the big boy pants world. More possibilities are opening up!! CONVENTIONS, TRAVEL...

basically, things are comin' up Addy

also the new Destiny DLC is great A+ would play again