F@NB0Y$

Go Back   F@NB0Y$ > Gaming > Consoles

Old 12-23-2012, 10:04 PM   #61
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

Finished episode 3.

Spoiler for Episode 3:
That stupid bitch shot Carley. I can't say I didn't see it coming the moment Carley started going off on her verbally, but Jesus Christ. I was not happy. I liked Carley.

I put Lilly back in the RV and ended up having the asshole make off with it. I was starting to defend her against Kenny, too. She made me feel like an ass there. I'd have trouble not killing her if I got the chance and Clem was nowhere around. I probably wouldn't, but I'd definitely hesitate.

I don't know what this fighting Kenny crap is about, but the end of the game mentioned it. I didn't have to deal with that. My guess is because I had Carley and she insisted I let the group know about my past? I dunno.

Ended up shooting Duck for Kenny and Katjaa. Waited as long as I could to see if any other option would present itself, but nope. Had to do it.

I didn't save Omid first at the end, because he was running further ahead. I figured, if it gave me the option, I could grab him next.

Seriously, fuck Lilly. I was slowly starting to finally warm up to her and she got super crazy the moment we got in the RV.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:39 PM   #62
Nuva
yes i vape

Just finished episode 1

This game has revived an interest in adventure games I have long since missed. This is seriously really good.

On to episode 2.

Last edited by Nuva; 12-24-2012 at 02:25 PM.
Nuva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:01 PM   #63
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

Looks like spoilers are broken again.

I'm replaying this again, first time from start to finish in one go.
Penakoto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:02 PM   #64
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

Look at the forum wide announcement. You'd already know.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:08 PM   #65
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

Never had a chance to see it, I've only been clicking on threads in the "Last Post" section of the main page.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:25 PM   #66
Nuva
yes i vape

Good thing I didn't look at spoilers.

Finished episode 2.

>_>

I was wrong about what I thought I was going to do
Old 12-24-2012, 05:04 PM   #67
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

Well, kind of predicted what would happen between episode 4 and 5 by reading the title of episode 5 and exactly that has happened. Now to see how that pans out, I guess.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:08 PM   #68
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

Well, now I'm having an issue, Episode 2 won't load, at all.

Looking up solutions and the only person I've found with the same problem, got "Reinstall Steam" as the solution. Yeah, no, tried that once and I'm still reinstalling stuff.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:28 PM   #69
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

I love how that choice I didn't make in chapter 1 is still haunting me this far in. I guess I'll do a replay through the game again later and see if I can't get a run where Kenny doesn't treat me like dog shit who has never been there for him 100% of the time.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:50 PM   #70
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

Finally got that bug fixed, apparently a lot of people are mad at Telltale over it because it's such an easy fix, but is effecting a lot of people.
Old 12-25-2012, 11:32 AM   #71
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

Since new spoiler tags seem to work...

Spoiler for Episode 4 to 5:
Yet another fuck up from the game. Kenny has a big, black eye now that I didn't give him and have no idea how he got. I assume it's from the fight that I didn't have with him. Gotta say, I love the game, but it is incredibly annoying having it ignore my choices. It makes the experience feel far, far less personal overall.
Old 12-25-2012, 11:45 AM   #72
Tombstone
Famous Royalsguardsman

Guess I was pretty lucky when I played the game. Never had any of my choices ignored.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:19 PM   #73
Nuva
yes i vape

Finished episode 3 last night

Spoiler for :
Goddamn it. Lilly lost control and shot Carley in the face. I had to leave her behind. She was just too dangerous now to shoot somebody who didn't have it coming. At least Kenny was justified in thinking Larry died when he wasn't breathing.

I opted to shoot Duck, but when Kat shot herself... It just seemed wrong for me to finish it. Kenny ended up shooting Duck.

Fucking Ben. I can not believe it. Fucking Ben led to Duck, Kat, and Carley dying. But since our numbers are shrinking, I told the shit to keep it to himself.

If I had known from the start it was him, I would have left him behind and let Lilly stay.

Broke Omid's leg. I didn't know if the fire helped but there was no way I was going to let him go down a damn ladder when the zombies were gathering right below us. I pushed him, though. Helped him get first on the train since HE HAS THE BROKEN LEG so why is he mad at me for picking him first is beyond me.

Christina is probably pissed off at me.

Think I failed in teaching Clementine how to use guns in the end regardless of teaching her. She couldn't shoot a walker.

Fucking Ben.

Lilly's probably dead. Goddamn it.

Last edited by Nuva; 12-25-2012 at 12:24 PM.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:13 PM   #74
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

Spoiler for Lilly:
She deserves it. Fuck her.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:30 PM   #75
Jake
In a word or a look

Send a message via AIM to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuva View Post
Finished episode 3 last night

Spoiler for :
Goddamn it. Lilly lost control and shot Carley in the face. I had to leave her behind. She was just too dangerous now to shoot somebody who didn't have it coming. At least Kenny was justified in thinking Larry died when he wasn't breathing.

I opted to shoot Duck, but when Kat shot herself... It just seemed wrong for me to finish it. Kenny ended up shooting Duck.

Fucking Ben. I can not believe it. Fucking Ben led to Duck, Kat, and Carley dying. But since our numbers are shrinking, I told the shit to keep it to himself.

If I had known from the start it was him, I would have left him behind and let Lilly stay.

Broke Omid's leg. I didn't know if the fire helped but there was no way I was going to let him go down a damn ladder when the zombies were gathering right below us. I pushed him, though. Helped him get first on the train since HE HAS THE BROKEN LEG so why is he mad at me for picking him first is beyond me.

Christina is probably pissed off at me.

Think I failed in teaching Clementine how to use guns in the end regardless of teaching her. She couldn't shoot a walker.

Fucking Ben.

Lilly's probably dead. Goddamn it.
Spoiler for Reponse to your final line:
She's not dead, she's in the comics, briefly, however.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:36 PM   #76
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

Probably should not tell him that until he's done with the game. He (and I) have no way of knowing who we'll even see again until we're done with it.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:39 PM   #77
Tombstone
Famous Royalsguardsman

nevermind jake beat me

Last edited by Tombstone; 12-25-2012 at 01:39 PM. Reason: yooo
Tombstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 03:18 PM   #78
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
Spoiler for Reponse to your final line:
She's not dead, she's in the comics, briefly, however.
Spoiler for Actually...:
From what I've heard, that WAS true, but isn't anymore. The book that tell's us how the Lilly from the comics got to Woodbury, makes it clear that it's a different Lilly with a different backstory.

Also, again apparently, Telltale had planned to have Lilly reappear in Chapter 5, briefly before being killed off or something. But they cut it out because they couldn't get it to fit in the overall story at that point in the game.

Also I echo what Nami said...

Spoiler for Chapter 3:
Fuck Lilly.

Doug was my favorite, and because of her jerk-ass father Kenny ended up hating me for most of the rest of the game.
Old 12-25-2012, 03:46 PM   #79
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

Just finished it a while ago. Cried a decent amount.

Spoiler for Season 5:
I ended up going with Christa, Omid and Ben to find Clem since, despite my efforts, Kenny was treating me like I had shit all over him and his family. Which is funny, because while the game was getting my choices wrong, the stats sure didn't. They showed me the exact choices I'd made at the end. Either way, no Kenny for this part.

I decided to have Christa cut off my arm to see if it'd help stop or at least slow the infection. Doubted it'd do any good in the end, but it was worth a try.

When we got back, we found Kenny locked in the shed after the cancer survivors had kicked his ass and stole the boat. This is apparently where he got the black eye, though it showed him with it in the "previously on..." segment, too. My guess is that was just overlooked.

I ended up getting into it with Kenny in the attic, but tried my best to stay calm and understanding with him. I did tell him he wasn't going to touch me, though. He got angry and threw the bust at the wall. Then we apologized to one another and had a good heart to heart talk. About his family, about Ben, and about Clem.

Ended up making it out of that attic and across the alley. Ben fell, naturally. Kenny felt responsible, ran down, and tried to help. So did I. Ben was impaled, but alive. I tried to quiet him down. Zombies found us anyway. Kenny told me to go. I told him no. He took the gun, shoved me behind the gate and locked it. I pleaded with him not to, but he did it anyway. Couldn't see what happened, but seems pretty obvious he shot Ben to spare him from a gruesome death. First point I'd teared up in the game.

After that, Christa, Omid and I made our way across the rooftops. We came to a sign hanging between buildings in the street. I knew that sign likely wasn't going to let us all across and I wanted them to make it, 'cause that'd just be too convenient. I had them go first. Omid went first with no problems, being that he's the lightest. Christa broke the thing, though. She just barely made it over. At that point, they were panicking and I just said fuck it. I'm a dead man walking anyway, I'm just going through the front fucking door. I told them to meet me in a bit at the hotel.

At that point, I hop down into the street and just start butchering zombies with my meat cleaver. So many bodies and I'm now covered in zombie blood. I get in the hotel, I meet the asshole, and I have Clem knock him in the head with a bottle. I wrestle him to the ground, choke him to death, then shoot the fucker in the head. Maybe he wasn't dead? But I don't care. I felt justified in putting a bullet in his head. He was a danger to Clem.

After that, the jewelry store. Ultimately, I had Clem handcuff me to a radiator and leave me there. I told her she was strong and that I would miss her, but I couldn't have her do that. It is a shitty choice either way, but I figured having her be the one with my blood on her hands was the worse of the two. Heh, I can't even type that I told her "I'll miss you" without getting a little misty still. She stood there until Lee finally fell unconscious for good. Then credits. Second game to get the waterworks going this much all year.

Then epilogue. Which I now know will lead somewhere, since they're making a season two. I'll be picking that up the moment the first episode drops this time.
Old 12-26-2012, 01:36 PM   #80
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

Episode one is free on Xbox Live for the time being.

I'd download it even if you already got it on something else. It's free and likely won't be forever!
Old 12-27-2012, 01:00 AM   #81
Shig
Sandvich Lover

This game is fucking great. I haven't had an emotional connection to a video game like this in ages.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:29 AM   #82
Nuva
yes i vape

I finished this, too.

I just want to say I enjoyed this. As corny as it sounds, its been a while since I didn't want a game to end. I wanted it to continue on for a little bit longer. ;-;

Just amazing.

I hope there's a season 2.

Just.

Yah.

I'll write up what choices were made when I am up after some sleep

Last edited by Nuva; 12-27-2012 at 02:33 AM.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:24 AM   #83
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

There's a season two.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:33 AM   #84
Mega
No-Fo You.

Curious to know how that would work.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:33 AM   #85
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

The same way any other sequel would, I'm guessing?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wal...ead_Season_Two
Old 12-27-2012, 04:42 AM   #86
Mega
No-Fo You.

Perspective wise.

Spoiler for .:
As in would we play as Clem and would our choices in season 1 as lee has an impact on her attitude and decisions.
Old 12-27-2012, 05:08 AM   #87
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

I would hope so. I could swear I saw somewhere that they would be in the second season, but I can't find it, so maybe not.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:04 AM   #88
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

Spoiler for Season 2:
I'm hoping Season 2 is mostly a new cast of characters, leave Clementine for later or even leave it as ambiguous for now.

More cameos to the comics would be nice though, characters or locations.

Last edited by Nami; 12-27-2012 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Info people potentially don't want to know.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:30 AM   #89
Jake
In a word or a look

Send a message via AIM to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake

Spoiler for Season 2:
I'd rather it not be ambiguous. I want to see more Clementine. loads more.

Last edited by Nami; 12-27-2012 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Potential info people don't need to know.
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:40 AM   #90
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

Spoiler for Season 2:
I feel like Clementines story has been told already.

I want them to make great new characters rather than keep the old great characters.

Last edited by Nami; 12-27-2012 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Potential info people don't need to know.