F@NB0Y$

Go Back   F@NB0Y$ > Gaming > Consoles

Old 04-07-2015, 12:37 PM   #1
Nuva
yes i vape

Default Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

THIS IS HAPPENING. I AM SO DAMN HAPPY ABOUT THIS. LITERALLY DID NOT THINK A GAME AFTER BLOODBORNE WOULD GET ME THIS FUCKING HYPED.

AND ITS A SEQUEL TO HUMAN REVOLUTION. I AM HAPPY WITH THE PROTAGONIST OF EITHER THE ORIGINAL OR HR COMING BACK. I ALSO LOVE JENSEN'S VOICE ACTOR.

#DETROITREPRESENT

CYBERPUNK4LYFE
Old 04-07-2015, 12:43 PM   #2
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

Your caps lock appears to be broken.
Old 04-07-2015, 01:14 PM   #3
Ace
Pet?

I can smell his caps erection from here. Smells like curry.
Old 04-07-2015, 01:30 PM   #4
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

Obligatory "I asked for this."

Super excited. HR is one of my favorite games of the whole seventh generation and I love DE in general.

Hopes for the sequel:

The upper Hengsha and Montreal hubs, that were cut early on from HR, are hubs in the new game. Particularly Montreal.

More cool modifications for weapons. Not laser sights and silencers, Im talking the ones that let you bend bullets or turn your revolver into a mini rocket launcher.

Bring back that asshole from the first game so he and Jensen can spend another game giving each other sick burns.
Penakoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 01:34 PM   #5
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

Oh, and since when do you give a shit about Detroit, son?
Old 04-07-2015, 01:38 PM   #6
Zaver

Nuva only cares about fictional Detroit where there's Robocops and cyborgs. And really who can blame him?
Zaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 01:39 PM   #7
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

Nuva once told me that RoboCop was Detroit's Rocky.
Old 04-07-2015, 01:46 PM   #8
Zaver

It really the only thing at this point that's going for them.
Zaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 02:36 PM   #9
Mega
No-Fo You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nami View Post
Nuva once told me that RoboCop was Detroit's Rocky.
It really is.
Old 04-07-2015, 02:40 PM   #10
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

Oh, no, I know. But this is Nuva.
Old 04-07-2015, 05:09 PM   #11
Jake
In a word or a look

Send a message via AIM to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake

I TOO AM EXCITED FOR THIS GAME. HOORAY.
Old 04-08-2015, 08:56 AM   #12
Nuva
yes i vape

Spoiler for :
SPOILERS FOR HUMAN REVOLUTION AND MAYBE THE ORIGINAL: I'm trying to pick up all the context clues in the trailer. Him floating in the water has to be the destruction of Panchea at the end of the first game and I'm seriously happy they're finally addressing the Illuminati whose presence weren't really all that felt after the first scene in Human Revolution.

Hopefully they're able to bridge the gap between the original and HR even more with this because you can tell that the future the world is headed for (especially given the post credits scene of Human Revolution is a big tie-in to the original).

What I like is that we're seeing what we're going to be able to do in the game combat wise (which lol is usually a lot harder to do in these games than the stealth). The shielding looks neat, I dig they're finally taking the style that made Human Revolution unique and adopting the Tron like elements of the original. Giving your hands something more to do is always good since Adam Jensen has a reason to be able to do the crazy but optional stuff so FUCKING TAZER KNUCKLES IS A WIN WIN FOR ME.

I don't know how to feel about the antagonized forces yet but a friend and I had a chat about augmented profiling akin to racism and stuff like prestige and and financial ability would be factors into that kind of society and it would honesty lead to hate crimes and potentially terrorism and TO SEE THAT DISCUSSION BECOME PART OF A GAME IS EXCITING. Not to mention just transhumanism in general is something I have always enjoyed talking on hours about the morality behind the principle.

I just hope they don't mess up the dialogue or the story. Human Revolution was very risky and could have played it safe to pander to the lowest common denominator with its writing but chose instead to adopt complicated themes and even diversify its cast out and make them very ground to earth with their faults while keeping a very intimidating presence of hidden elements in the world.

I'M SO EXCITED.

P.S. I hope this isn't true but supposedly Malik is canonically dead from the choice you are given in HR. I have always saved her and would be really upset if that was the minority in decisions people made which influenced her status in this game.

Last edited by Nuva; 04-08-2015 at 09:09 AM.
Nuva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 09:10 AM   #13
Nuva
yes i vape

-Takes place in 2029, 2 years after Human Revolution
-Listed as single-player, no mention of multiplayer
-Jensen is part of a covert, goverment-sponsored task force called Task Force 29, a new bracnh of Interpol, to combat a new breed of terrorism
-Jensen doesn't full trust Task Force 29, also feeds intel to another covert organization called the Juggernaut Collective
-In true Deus Ex fashion, you often receive conflicting missions, neither can be fully trusted
-Boss encounters are designed in a way to allow players to approach any way they want (stealth, full combat, etc)
-Eidos won't comment on which ending it considers canon but is trying to string together different parts of each ending for the overall background of Mankind Divided
-Story is in many ways a story of redemption for Jensen
-The story they're telling is building to events that take place in the original Deus Ex
-With Mankind Divided, they're exploring the original game's past; "Is the depiction of past events from the original Deus Ex true? Will we discover stuff we never knew?"
-Added a lot of diversity to the environments
-Females are also now part of the regular enemies in the game
-One of Jensen's missions takes him to Utulek Station in Prague, now a ghetto for augmented individuals
-It is nicknamed "Golem City", based on the real life Kowloon Walled City
-Shops line the streets, temporary housing units stacked on one another reaching upwards toward the sky; claustrophobic atmosphere
-Mission to track down a leader of an aug group, but police have captured the informant
-Can choose to butter up the informant's wife for clues or cause a scene with the police
-Alternatively Jensen can bypass this area of the game altogether and find the leader's hideout on his own
-Mentions Jensen engaging in tense conversation with the leader, resulting in a diplomatic solution or violence
-Transhumans (augs) referred to as "clanks" by police
-"You can go full combat or full stealth throughout any part of the game"
-Side quests meant to be more meaningful; ex. players can choose to make deals with criminal organizations and its mob boss might call in a favor later interrupting main missions
-Doesn't want fetch quests, the team sees the extra quests as a way to explore the main themes of the game more deeply
-Features twice as many augmentations as Human Revolution
-Aug examples:
Tesla: little darts pop out of Jensen's knuckles allowing him to tag enemies and take them out quietly
Silent Run: Allows Jensen to move quickly across any floor without making a sound (can combine with cloaking)
C.A.S.I.E.: Allows Jensen to analyze the mental state of individuals, helping him to respond adequately in conversations
PEPS Gun: Non-lethal weapon that pops out of Jensen's bionic arm and fires a concussive blast allowing him to knock an enemy out, kill him or flee
-Augmentation features can be assigned on the d-pad for quick selection
-Augmentations consume a fixed amount of energy, when Jensen stops using them he regains a portion of it
-Can still refill his augs completely with bio cells, Eidos wants the recharge mechanic to encourage using augs more liberally
-New remote hack augmentation allows Jensen to activate shortcuts through areas to pass enemies
-No plan for Human Revolution saves to carry over, but Eidos is planning for a franchise now, want to expand further after HR's success
-No plans for a Deus Ex MMO
-Eidos noted fans who played stealthily enjoyed the game more so spent several years iterating on gunplay
-Mankind Divided's moment-to-moment action plays out like a series of set-piece moments, a 'remarkable feat' considering nothing is scripted
-Jensen can adjust his weapons at any point mid-battle, changing ammo type, firing pattern, scopes, etc
-Some enemies have external tech like exoskeletons and mechs to combat Jensen
-Variety of enemies have a diversity of weapons, augments, or other high-tech combat tools, some have high-jump abilities, etc
-Focused on making A.I. more aggressive, flanking, etc
-Certain elements of the environment now react to combat

Supposedly from the issue of Gameinformer on the game

Last edited by Nuva; 04-08-2015 at 09:13 AM.
Nuva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 12:07 PM   #14
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

About the ending, if they're looking to go the Invisible War style "none of and all the endings are canon" route, this is how I think things are gonna go.

Spoilered in case anyone hasn't finished HR and wants to still.

Spoiler for Human Revolution Ending theory:
Jensen either chooses to self destruct Pancaea, or an alternate ending where he doesn't make a choice and Pancaea is destroyed anyways happens. Jensen survives, and is probably the only one who does so.

The people of the world have to come to their own conclusion regarding all the Augs in the world going nuts, and the conclusion they reached: Hugh Darrows ending. Augmented people are dangerous and not to be trusted.

The tech companies who work in augmentation though, they are going the Sariff ending route, either in secret or despite public opinion on augmentation being zero. Because all the augmented going nuts is a huge bug that needs to be fixed, and the only way to do that without just getting rid of augmentation entirely, is to advance and perfect the technology.

Government meanwhile, they're going the William Taggart ending route. All the augmented going nuts is definitely gonna make them wanna put heavy restrictions on who is or can be augmented, as well as keep an eye on anyone who is augmented or works on them. This is probably why augmented persons are being gathered into ghettos, and the augmented are forming terrorist groups, are a result and in response to the government regulations and monitoring.

So basically, every ending ends up coming true in a way, but without any serious retcons or logic leaps, and makes sense based on what little we can gather from the trailer.

Also I request that we take all the Deus Ex threads and mash them together, like we've doing with a lot of threads and series lately.

Last edited by Penakoto; 04-08-2015 at 12:12 PM.
Old 04-09-2015, 04:32 AM   #15
Jake
In a word or a look

Send a message via AIM to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake

omg, thaat traller....

Old 04-09-2015, 04:47 AM   #16
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

Man, I never thought I'd see the Eidos logo featured that prominently ever again.

I really need to finish Human Revolution.
Old 06-27-2015, 11:06 PM   #17
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEULRQVA6JQ

Here's a gameplay demo from E3 that I just found out about.

Augmentation are plasmids now I guess, which is cool. I hope I get to shoot robot bees at people at some point.
Old 04-28-2016, 10:38 AM   #18
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

New Trailer has reignited my hype for this game.