F@NB0Y$

Go Back   F@NB0Y$ > Gaming > Computers

Old 04-09-2013, 06:00 AM   #181
SliceSabre
Frills and Lace

Send a message via MSN to SliceSabre Send a message via Skype™ to SliceSabre

You got slaughtered in this mission.

Course...

Everyone died after Frood got mind controled and attacked the team, then the Mutons tossed grenades, then some Giant robot I'd never seen before practically called in a bombing strike on the team and that was all she wrote.
SliceSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:28 AM   #182
Standing Freddy
The Best Looking Guy Here

Send a message via AIM to Standing Freddy

I really should play this game again sometime.
Standing Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:50 PM   #183
FluShot

Wow Slice, that's like 2/3s of the maps enemies aggroed on one poor soul lol
FluShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:34 AM   #184
SliceSabre
Frills and Lace

Send a message via MSN to SliceSabre Send a message via Skype™ to SliceSabre

Here's some Declassfied gameplay.

I'm getting a strong 'Mass Effect-ish' vibe here. Not a bad thing, just a vibe.
SliceSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:07 AM   #185
Mayu_Zane
ART-STRONAUT

Seems interesting, but I really wish they stuck with the really weird, non-humanoid aliens.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:02 AM   #186
StevenFC
The Butt Stallion

Yeah, it seems like with every change they made they actually made it worse and more boring. I've killed enough Greys and Orky things, let me fight a bunch of fucking geometric shapes that combine to form things I cannot even comprehend.

Oh Goddammit
StevenFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 05:23 AM   #187
Frent
Elder Statesman

Send a message via MSN to Frent Send a message via Skype™ to Frent

Necroed because I felt like talking about my current run in Enemy Within.

This expansion is great. You get new enemies, pretty much every encounter is more difficult, there are lots more sidequests and subquests, and there are even neat little features like having your soldiers use the language of their birth country. It's one of those few expansions that seems really well thought-out, and makes the original game even better. Haven't seen any drawbacks so far.

Oh, and there's also a completely evil chryssalid hive mission.

My squad mostly consists of friends who don't visit the forums, but I do have Nami and Dogma up near the top. Nami's a Spanish assault and Dogma's a German heavy.
"A pig's gotta fly." - Porco Rosso
Frent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 07:10 PM   #188
FluShot

I've done a run through on classic ironman with the goal of Army of Four achievement and I found it to be very fun. If it weren't for work, I'd play it more to do a mech suit run and get those achievements as I didn't build beyond a single one because of lack of meld. I also didn't want to fight sectopods for regular missions due to lack of 2 extra soldiers so I had to beat the game fast.

I do hope they patch the game to do some balance changes and make the final battle more exciting. As many have pointed out, mimetic skin is completely overpowered and makes the game a walk in the park late game, in addition to the extremely powerful mech options like mines. End game is still way too easy compared to early game and I hope this is normalized some more.

It's still one of my favorite games and I want to try a few more challenges and run throughs with second wave.

FYI, reloading during dash glitch has been fixed, along with the flanking overwatch glitch. Weapon switch glitch is still active.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:20 PM   #189
Frent
Elder Statesman

Something I've noticed with my game: if you check every DLC before starting a new game, you get all those missions during your playthrough. Makes the months way more chaotic than they were before -- months where I'd get only one or two missions now turn into 5-6 missions. If any of your squad gets injured in any of those missions, it makes those repeated hard hits (and panic fluctuations, etc., etc.) more difficult to deal with.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:46 AM   #190
FluShot

I find that to be the biggest problem with this game. Slingshot and the council missions in general add a huge curve early on that frontload the difficulty to the beginning of the game. The wounded time is huge because you have no armor and yeah, I agree, it makes things significantly harder early.

Progeny is good that it was a late game 'dlc' mission series but it was still way too easy once you get your team going.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:52 PM   #191
Frent
Elder Statesman

Yeah, I've been encountering that huge curve you're talking about. Only recently been starting to pull out of it.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:07 PM   #192
FluShot

Yeah, there's definitely a moment of greatness when you have one or two hero soldiers pretty much save your team, which leads me to believe that leveling up should be toned down later and increased earlier. It would balance things out and make that colonel much more meaningful.

That's also a part of why I like the gene mods and medals so much because it makes a few so much more meaningful. There's a limited amount of medals for each one you can give out and only if they die can you earn them again, so having a cap makes you really invest in specific soldiers. Meld upgrades per soldier are also very expensive to add to the specialness of one or two people.

It's player driven character development that I love, which really makes me want to try FE Awakening but that would require a 3DS and money I don't have :/
Old 03-11-2016, 06:29 PM   #193
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

XCom 2 is really fun, between it and Fire Emblem Fates it's a really good time to be a fan of tactical RPGs.

Spent a good amount of time just customizing my squad mates, making them into other videogame characters. My best team right now is made up of Makoto Nanaya, Boone, The Demoman, Lee Everett, and Guile. I also have all the Snakes, Lloyd Irving, Sonya Blade and JC Denton.

They released a patch right after I bought it too, so, that was well timed.
Penakoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 11:23 PM   #194
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

I have an extra code for the Resistance Warriors, the preorder DLC.

If you want it, let me know.
Penakoto is offline   Reply With Quote