F@NB0Y$

Go Back   F@NB0Y$ > Gaming > Consoles > Nintendo

Old 04-11-2009, 10:50 AM   #1
Virgo
Let's get dangerous!

Send a message via AIM to Virgo Send a message via MSN to Virgo
Default Fire Emblem: Fates

My favorite franchise. They have 11 FE games at the moment, and all of them are awesome to the max. Discuss your favorite game/character/class/skill/strategy here!
Old 04-11-2009, 12:23 PM   #2
TiRoSu
Just a Member

I rather fancy it as well, I prefer to go with knights/generals as the core of my team.

I have Shadow Dragon and it's good so far but my DS just broke so I can't really play it, so that sucks I guess.
TiRoSu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 12:45 PM   #3
Nuex
Ready to Rock!

Send a message via AIM to Nuex Send a message via MSN to Nuex

I was playing through part 4 of Radiant Dawn and then Edward died. Valtome came out of no where.

I love how archers are like mini tanks in Shadow Dragon.
Old 04-12-2009, 02:46 AM   #4
Virgo
Let's get dangerous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiRoSu View Post
I rather fancy it as well, I prefer to go with knights/generals as the core of my team.

I have Shadow Dragon and it's good so far but my DS just broke so I can't really play it, so that sucks I guess.
The only generals I actively use are Amelia from FE8 and Gatrie in FE9. My army is usually built up with the following classes:
- Myrmidons/Swordmasters
- Mages/Sages
- Archers/Snipers
- Soldiers/Lancers
- Thieves/Assassins
- Cavaliers/Paladins
- Pegasus knights/Falcon knights

Yes, I prefer speed over strength.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuex View Post
I was playing through part 4 of Radiant Dawn and then Edward died. Valtome came out of no where.

I love how archers are like mini tanks in Shadow Dragon.
Edward was practically untouchable in my game. Guy dodges everything. Let him support with someone who has Earth affinity, he'll be unbeatable. And the archers are indeed kickass in SD. I still feel that they seriously nerfed the classes though. Nabarl criticald like 5 times in my first playthrough. Swordmasters should not critical less than 5 times in a playthrough, what the hell
Old 04-12-2009, 01:56 PM   #5
Nuex
Ready to Rock!

I decided to not use myrmidons in SD and I think I may have too many mages. Basically my team is alot of fragile guys with 2 paladins running around bailing everyone out of trouble.

I think I may have the worst micaiah ever, she's like level 15 Light Sage with 12 speed. Usually I have her at 20 speed by 3rd tier and right now I doubt she'll be able to 2hit a general in endgame.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:46 AM   #6
Virgo
Let's get dangerous!

I always give my statboosters to her. Otherwise she wouldn't last long, no.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:22 AM   #7
Weegee
HNNNNNNNNNNNNNGH

I have Shadow Dragon and I beat the game two times, first is a regular easy run and the second is another easy run while trying to get sidequests. I'm playing on hard mode now (makes me sad that that you can't get Norne in hard mode).
Old 04-14-2009, 12:32 PM   #8
Virgo
Let's get dangerous!

I hate it how they force you to kill off some units to gain other new ones. I guess I can sacrifice my axemen and some of the billion cavalier units they give you, but still. My ego does not like it.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:14 AM   #9
GamingFreak
Don't make me burn you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgo View Post
Edward was practically untouchable in my game. Guy dodges everything. Let him support with someone who has Earth affinity, he'll be unbeatable. And the archers are indeed kickass in SD. I still feel that they seriously nerfed the classes though. Nabarl criticald like 5 times in my first playthrough. Swordmasters should not critical less than 5 times in a playthrough, what the hell

You gotta realize that they essentially made it the same game as it was back on the NES, with some added details. The Swordmasters in FE1 were TERRIBLE, as opposed to say, Rutger (FE6), or Edward (FE10)
GamingFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 10:39 AM   #10
Enlong
Meh...

I'm currently stuck on a mission in FE7. MOTHER******ing SNIPERS! I just... I can't kill them, and there's fog, and ballistae for them to use, and a guy I want to recruit that I just know is going to get killed by the Snipers if I take my time trying to draw them into a safe fight and.... AAAAGH!
*sigh* why did I choose Hard Mode? It's my first time playing FE7 for cryin' out loud. I guess it was 'cause I decided for some reason to start Lyn's mode over again and didn't want the tutorial.

Who else here has an almost irrational need to never let anyone die, resetting every time the grunt he should have killed gets 2 criticals and KOs your star player?
Enlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 11:50 AM   #11
Virgo
Let's get dangerous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingFreak View Post
You gotta realize that they essentially made it the same game as it was back on the NES, with some added details. The Swordmasters in FE1 were TERRIBLE, as opposed to say, Rutger (FE6), or Edward (FE10)
But still. They could have used some more added details. Like better stats and supports. I wanted supports so badly ;_;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlong View Post
Who else here has an almost irrational need to never let anyone die, resetting every time the grunt he should have killed gets 2 criticals and KOs your star player?
*raises hand* I do! I blame my ego :P. And what mission are you stuck on? Maybe I can help.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:00 PM   #12
Enlong
Meh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgo View Post
But still. They could have used some more added details. Like better stats and supports. I wanted supports so badly ;_;

*raises hand* I do! I blame my ego :P. And what mission are you stuck on? Maybe I can help.
Can't remember the number or name, (I haven't played it in a while) but the party just finished finding Arcsage Athos in the desert, and is going to a newly-introduced country (can't remember the name) to try and get help, and is facing down an ambush by two of the Four Fangs. There's fog of war, snipers, and that General (with no sense of direction) from Lyn's path is back. That enough to remind you which mission it is?
Old 04-17-2009, 01:06 PM   #13
Ivan
Staring at the past

Send a message via MSN to Ivan Send a message via Skype™ to Ivan

That mission was always too easy for me, I'd over-plan how the battle would go and everything would go according to plan.
Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:16 PM   #14
Nuex
Ready to Rock!

That made me think of the mission from FE8 where Ephraim and Eirika meet up in the desert fighting that hero and wyvern guy. Cause that's an easy one too.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:13 PM   #15
GamingFreak

Quote:
Can't remember the number or name, (I haven't played it in a while) but the party just finished finding Arcsage Athos in the desert, and is going to a newly-introduced country (can't remember the name) to try and get help, and is facing down an ambush by two of the Four Fangs. There's fog of war, snipers, and that General (with no sense of direction) from Lyn's path is back. That enough to remind you which mission it is?
Use any mages, sages, archers, and axe users and put them as near as possible to the wyvern knights, and proceed to kill them like crazy (Dart is especially useful here). Also be sure to use the arena to your advantage, because if Woltz shows up instead of Geitz, your Lord units need serious leveling up. When you fight the boss, use a Mage/Sage and some of your most powerful units to wipe him out completely (Hector, Lyn, Guy are useful here).

Otherwise, it shouldn't be too much trouble, so long as you keep your units together in groups with an associated healer.

If you're on Hector mode, heh, you're on your own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgo
Due to the fact that FE 1-3 have correlating story lines, it's impossible to have support based relationships without screwing with the canon storyline.

It's one of the reasons why FE9 didn't have support based endings, and left them in 10 instead (Of course they couldn't seem to pair Ike with a girl, for reasons beyond me).
Old 04-17-2009, 09:30 PM   #16
Enlong
Meh...

Quote:
Use any mages, sages, archers, and axe users and put them as near as possible to the wyvern knights, and proceed to kill them like crazy (Dart is especially useful here). Also be sure to use the arena to your advantage, because if Woltz shows up instead of Geitz, your Lord units need serious leveling up. When you fight the boss, use a Mage/Sage and some of your most powerful units to wipe him out completely (Hector, Lyn, Guy are useful here).

Otherwise, it shouldn't be too much trouble, so long as you keep your units together in groups with an associated healer.

If you're on Hector mode, heh, you're on your own.
Ah, cool. Thankee.
What do I do about that General? I'm certain he's recruitable (he was on Lyn's crew in her chapter), but I can't get to him without going through the snipers.
Oh yeah, what's the best way to fight the Snipers?
Old 04-17-2009, 09:38 PM   #17
GamingFreak

Quote:
Ah, cool. Thankee.
What do I do about that General? I'm certain he's recruitable (he was on Lyn's crew in her chapter), but I can't get to him without going through the snipers.
Oh yeah, what's the best way to fight the Snipers?
Send in Lyn and a couple units with weapons that have a 1-2 Range (i.e. Javelins, Hand Axes etc.) and murder them up close, so they can't counter. When it's their turn, they'll attack your units, but you'll be able to counter them and hopefully kill them. Have Lyn talk to Wallace and recruit him. Then use Wallace to take on any remaining unit nearby, and you should be fine.

If you don't have many ranged weapons, you can use mages, but it might be harder for them to survive, so be careful.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure you need Lyn to recruit him, but bring Sain/Kent with you just in case. It's been a while since I've played the game, so I'm not 100% sure on his recruitment requirements...

Last edited by GamingFreak; 04-17-2009 at 09:41 PM.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:43 PM   #18
inthesto
Pinkie Pie

Send a message via AIM to inthesto Send a message via MSN to inthesto

I'm finally back at Endgame 3 in FE10, where I had to restart last time.

I took Volug solely to spite Virgo.
inthesto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 09:51 PM   #19
GamingFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthesto View Post

Endgame in FE 10 was a bitch... When fighting the goddess, and people started dying, I had to say "fuck it" and just beat her.

It reminded me of FE 8's Endgame, where they go out of their way to fuck you in the ass...
Old 04-17-2009, 10:38 PM   #20
Enlong
Meh...

Quote:
Send in Lyn and a couple units with weapons that have a 1-2 Range (i.e. Javelins, Hand Axes etc.) and murder them up close, so they can't counter. When it's their turn, they'll attack your units, but you'll be able to counter them and hopefully kill them. Have Lyn talk to Wallace and recruit him. Then use Wallace to take on any remaining unit nearby, and you should be fine.

If you don't have many ranged weapons, you can use mages, but it might be harder for them to survive, so be careful.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure you need Lyn to recruit him, but bring Sain/Kent with you just in case. It's been a while since I've played the game, so I'm not 100% sure on his recruitment requirements...
Cool. Speaking of Sain, I have a Knight Seal, but I don't know what level's a good time to class him up with it. I'm afraid I'll use it too early and miss out on highly important stat gain from leveling as his base class.
Old 04-18-2009, 07:09 AM   #21
Virgo
Let's get dangerous!

Quote:

Don't go blaming me if you fuck up again. I told you several times that if you insist on taking a Laguz with you to the final fight it should be one of the Laguz royalty.

And Enlong, about that level. If the fog bothers you, take some thieves or torches with you to enhance your sight. I always separate the army in two, give each team a thief to see ahead, send one team up and the other to the right. I put Lyn in the team that goes to the right to catch up with Wallace (the general). If you don't hurry Wallace will walk around killing those in his way and try to take the boss on his own. And he WILL die by then. You can also send one of your flying units to rescue him and drop him off near Lyn.

And leveling up, hmm. Personally I prefer to let them use promotional items as soon as they reach level 20. That way you know for sure that you haven't missed any potential stat upgrades.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:23 AM   #22
FenixAiur
JIMMY THE ROBOT!

Send a message via MSN to FenixAiur Send a message via Yahoo to FenixAiur

I need to play a game from this series. I should check Amazon.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:19 AM   #23
GamingFreak

Quote:
Cool. Speaking of Sain, I have a Knight Seal, but I don't know what level's a good time to class him up with it. I'm afraid I'll use it too early and miss out on highly important stat gain from leveling as his base class.
17-18 is a good range for Sain's promotion. Of course, you could never go wrong with lvl. 20...

That chapter has an arena in it, so if you're not that worried about rankings, just wipe out most of the enemies, then have your units train there. It's a good way to get gold and experience for your units, you know.

Of course, nothing beats FE4's arena system.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:33 PM   #24
inthesto
Pinkie Pie

Send a message via AIM to inthesto Send a message via MSN to inthesto

Finally beat Radiant Dawn.

Only took me three restarts.
inthesto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:39 PM   #25
GamingFreak

Quote:
Finally beat Radiant Dawn.

Only took me three restarts.
The thing about Radiant Dawn is that they only gave you the good stuff on the second playthrough, which I honestly thought was stupid. Since stuff on the second playthrough could REALLY help players out on their first playthrough, such as Pelleas, or Lehran as playable units.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:42 PM   #26
rehab
Tease the Gods

Send a message via AIM to rehab Send a message via Skype™ to rehab

On RD endgame. Despite using every SS weapon on users with all the reasonable caps I could ask for, the facts that I took the wrong Heron without Celerity or whatever, have no beast king, have only one Nihil, not enough healers and don't have a reserve-type staff probably mean all but 2 of these magnificent bastards, being hopeful, are going to die. GG Radiant Dawn Normal mode.

If anybody tells you bringing a Beast King cheapens the endgame experience, please tell them for me to shut the fuck up.
rehab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 05:24 PM   #27
rehab
Tease the Gods

Send a message via AIM to rehab Send a message via Skype™ to rehab

Rumors n' shit again
Quote:
Please note that this is almost purely speculation for now.

The June issue of Nintendo Dream, which was released today, had something interesting to say to Fire Emblem fans.

Quote:
しばらく新作情報は出てきてないけれど、『エムブレム』ファンは来月号をお楽しみに~。
Quote:
There has been no information about a new game for a while, but... (Fire) Emblem fans, look forward to the next issue~
(Source)

Aside from outright stating "a new game will be revealed in the next issue", I can't really imagine what they're trying to hint here.

Also, possibly related or not. In a separate section, advertising the soundtrack CD that will included in the next issue, they mentioned this when talking about which games will feature:

Quote:
そしてあの超大作が姿を現す!?
Quote:
And the blockbuster game is revealed...!?
(Source)

Could they possibly be referring to a new and incredible Fire Emblem game? Or maybe it's the new Zelda game that some people seem to want X D

In any case, I think it would make sense for a new Fire Emblem to be announced around this time. It's been around 8 months since Shadow Dragon was released in Japan. That's probably enough time for Intelligent Systems to get started on their next game. Also, in just less than 1 year's time will be the 20th Anniversary of Fire Emblem. Path of Radiance (and maybe The Sacred Stones as well) was made to coincide with the 15th Anniversary, so it's not the first time they tried to fit a game launch to an anniversary.

(Images kindly provided by Tactician Vog, a great Japanese FE blog. They had some very accurate information for Shadow Dragon before its release.)
rehab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:45 PM   #28
Virgo
Let's get dangerous!

Please let it be true
Old 04-27-2009, 10:20 AM   #29
GamingFreak

I could care less about a new game as much as I want remakes/US releases of my favorite Fire Emblem games, 4 and 6.

4 because it was the first game in the series to develop a support system, and went beyond that to make a child inheritance system.

6 because I like Roy's story way more than Eliwood's.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rehab View Post
On RD endgame. Despite using every SS weapon on users with all the reasonable caps I could ask for, the facts that I took the wrong Heron without Celerity or whatever, have no beast king, have only one Nihil, not enough healers and don't have a reserve-type staff probably mean all but 2 of these magnificent bastards, being hopeful, are going to die. GG Radiant Dawn Normal mode.

If anybody tells you bringing a Beast King cheapens the endgame experience, please tell them for me to shut the fuck up.
How the HELL did you end up with only 1 Nihil? Nasir has it from the get-go, Ike gets it automatically, and you should have at least 1 more additionally that you should've put on one of your power-houses.

And you didn't bring Caineghis!? Are you MAD?!

Last edited by GamingFreak; 04-27-2009 at 10:24 AM.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:59 AM   #30
Raddington
King of rocksters

Send a message via AIM to Raddington Send a message via MSN to Raddington Send a message via Yahoo to Raddington Send a message via Skype™ to Raddington

Seeing as how they released one remake here, probably gonna be another.

I really rather have a new cast and a new game though, but eh, I just want the fucking support conversations back. =/