F@NB0Y$

Go Back   F@NB0Y$ > Gaming > Consoles > Nintendo

Old 12-08-2014, 02:06 PM   #1
Canuck

Default Wii U Deluxe Digital Promotion Ends This Month

Quote:
Wii U Deluxe Digital Promotion Ends This Month! Donít Lose Your Free Money!
BY RON DUWELL | DECEMBER 7, 2014

Stay Connected with Us! Follow TechnoBuffalo
Wario
Just spreading the good word started over at Destructoid. I was reading there about a year or so back when I stumbled across an article that told me I might have free money waiting for me on my Nintendo account, all thanks to the Wii U Deluxe Digital Promotion. Sure enough, I logged on to my account and there was a shiny $15 in Nintendo money just waiting for me! How nice!

Nintendo hasnít done the best job of making this promotion well-known, and why should they? It doesnít want to give you free stuff, but it works like this. You need to own the Deluxe Wii U, first. If you buy any digital game through the Wii U console, you can get back basically 10 percent of your money through points. A $7.99 virtual console game lands you 79 points and a full $59.99 game lands you 599 points.

Every 500 points you received, you get five dollars back from Nintendo that can be used on both the 3DS and Wii U! How nice! Thatís a Virtual Console game or a little extra something for the kids. Of course, it started as a way to get more people to buy a deluxe Wii U with the bigger hard drive space, but now I think Nintendo sees it as just a nuisance.

Lucky for Nintendo, though, this program is coming to a close on Dec. 31st this month. If you want to see if you have anything waiting, be sure to sign on with your Nintendo Network account at the Wii U Deluxe Digital Promotion website. Iím at 115 points right now and need 385 before the end of the month to get to my next free $5.

Do I go for it? That Mega Man 7 has been kind of tempting for a whileÖ
i had $25 chilling there that I completely forgot about. and if i spend 18 more before the end of the year i'll get 5 more. i'll have to take a look at what I want that can help me get that free money.
Old 12-08-2014, 05:20 PM   #2
Haven
the Ever Smiling

I got thirty bucks!
Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

(please read it!)
Haven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 08:16 PM   #3
RadiantBurrito
Professional Sandbag

Got $25. If I get 18 more points I'll have thirty!
RadiantBurrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 08:32 PM   #4
Frent
Elder Statesman

Send a message via MSN to Frent Send a message via Skype™ to Frent

Thanks for this. Worth noting that you need to add the codes in "Add Funds", not the normal code way.
"A pig's gotta fly." - Porco Rosso
Frent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 08:54 PM   #5
Hlavco
Your imaginary friend

Send a message via AIM to Hlavco Send a message via MSN to Hlavco Send a message via Skype™ to Hlavco

Wow, I didn't think I'd really have anything, but it turns out that the free copy of Wind Waker HD I got for buying Mario Kart 8 actually gave me 499 points. So... you buy one full price game, you receive a second full game for free, and then Nintendo basically hands you five bucks on top of that. Not bad at all.

Thanks for sharing this promotion, Canuck. I didn't know it existed.
Old 12-10-2014, 10:09 PM   #6
Terios
Bringing the thunder!

I remember this vaguely...I thought they had something like this that was like...just how it worked. I dunno. I got 10 bucks though. Too bad I buy most things physical.