F@NB0Y$

Go Back   F@NB0Y$ > Gaming > Consoles > Sony

Old 06-04-2015, 09:52 AM   #91
Nuva
yes i vape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nami View Post
I've heard there is no multiplayer across any of the three games.

It's supposed to be having a beta for the fourth game, though. So there's that.
Goddamn it, surprisingly Uncharted 2 had a really good feel to its online. Like it was scary fucking good for something I thought was tacked on. Then it died.

I woulda loved to get back to it.
Old 06-04-2015, 10:25 AM   #92
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

It was really good, probably my favorite online shooter experience (though, to be fair, I don't play a lot of them).

I hope U4 is as good, one of the most disappointing things last-gen was how bad they made U3's multiplayer. Bring back having weapons scattered throughout the arena, and either shrink down the maps or have more than 5v5 in them.
Penakoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 11:21 AM   #93
Nuva
yes i vape

Yeah, Uncharted 2 essentially got the basics of co-op and competitive right with proper map designs that fit the size of both teams with a fairly balanced moveable objective and perks that could limit a player's firepower but for more effective tactics on winning an objective.Plus weapons felt good to fire which is pretty important when you sought out new weapons. Plus frankly it did what I liked back in Bad Company 2 where there were unexpected moments of emergent gameplay. There's a map that has a very climbable sniper's ledge with a huge blind spot. I remember climbing up there and pulling the leg and throwing off a sniper that was harassing my team to the applause over voice communication.

Uncharted 3 somehow threw out map design all together and just didn't make sense in a long run. Co-op seemed pretty decent from what I remember, especially climbing up a tower as enemies barraged you but it was like they forgot what made 2 good.

There was only one good map in Uncharted 3. And it was used during the beta testing for the Uncharted 3 online. The best thing the game did online wise was make it so that the map changed assets to show you as the top ranking player was was insanely satisfying. Also I guess kill streaks was stupid.
Old 06-04-2015, 04:32 PM   #94
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

Never once bothered with multiplayer in the previous games or The Last Of Us. I probably won't in the next one, either.
Old 06-04-2015, 04:49 PM   #95
Nuva
yes i vape

Just saying as far as tacked on multiplayer went, it was well-planned and didn't really take any impact off the campaign.

But yeah, I do hope they can fix how unplayable Uncharted is. Its amazing that there's nothing really wrong with it, but just a matter of aging like milk since all its features and even like how it feels has long since been replaced by better games.

Its like the opposite of DOOM.
Old 06-04-2015, 05:42 PM   #96
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

Single player wise? Maybe the first game, but I think 2 is one of the best games of the generation, and Id say the same about 3 if it wasnt from a few plot holes.
Old 06-04-2015, 05:52 PM   #97
Nuva
yes i vape

Only meant the first. I can't play it anymore.
Old 06-04-2015, 05:58 PM   #98
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

Yeah, thats understandable.

I gotta at some point though, Ive only got the beating it on the hardest difficulty trophy left to get the platinum,and its been that way for years.

I actually did it at one point, but had to use a downloaded save because I didnt have the difficulty unlocked, and I guess doing that locks you out of being able to get trophies.
Old 06-04-2015, 06:22 PM   #99
SliceSabre
Frills and Lace

Send a message via MSN to SliceSabre Send a message via Skype™ to SliceSabre

Looking forward to this. No MP is fine by me since the few matches I played didn't click with me.
SliceSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 01:49 AM   #100
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

More and more interested.

Old 12-04-2015, 02:52 AM   #101
Terios
Bringing the thunder!

I already have the special edition ordered. I asked for it every time I went into gamestop. Give now plz.