Introducing Bloodborne, the latest Action RPG from renowned Japanese developer FromSoftware, exclusively for the PlayStation®4 system. Face your fears as you search for answers in the ancient city of Yharnam, now cursed with a strange endemic illness spreading through the streets like wildfire. Danger, death and madness lurk around every corner of this dark and horrific world, and you must discover its darkest secrets in order to survive.
A Terrifying New World: Journey to a horror-filled gothic city where deranged mobs and nightmarish creatures lurk around every corner.
Strategic Action Combat: Armed with a unique arsenal of weaponry, including guns and saw cleavers, you’ll need wits, strategy and reflexes to take down the agile and intelligent enemies that guard the city’s dark secrets.
A New Generation of Action RPG: Stunningly detailed gothic environments, atmospheric lighting, and advanced new online experiences showcase the power and prowess of the PlayStation(R)4 system.
- Early 2015 release, action RPG
- PS4 Exclusive. (Sony IP)
- No easier difficulty. Targeting the same level of difficulty as Demon's Souls.
- Game length will be around the same as Souls games.
- Targeting 1080p 30fps. Game is still early so currently has framerate issues, devs have acknowledged this and said will be ironed out.
- Bloodborne was started by the team who developed Demon's Souls and the first Dark Souls after they finished work on the Artorias of the Abyss DLC.
- Bloodborne does not star a static protagonist, can customize character and stats like previous souls games.
- Going to be more in line with the death penalties and progression system found in Demon's Souls
- Takes place in a city is called Yharnam, it's massive, looks like London back in the 19th century
- "If you remember the Tower of Latria level in Demon's Souls, that's the kind of atmosphere we want to create with Bloodborne." - Miyazaki
- When asked, From Software says it's not pursuing the same open structure of Dark Souls II
- The zones of the game are connected between them, as in Dark Souls
- Q: Will zones only be filled with enemies? A: "You will feel alone." - Miyazaki
- But the game has NPC's, can choose to save or ignore some that are in trouble.
- Ragdolls, Cloth physics, Fog gates are in
- Bosses will not always be behind soul-gates this time. Instead, sometimes they'll just ambush you and the soul-walls will just appear afterwards
- Monsters bleed where you slice them.
- Some areas are really dark, you'll need a torch to navigate.
- There will be no map display in the game
- No shields, focus on faster action.
- Rolling, backstepping, locking on, parry and kicking are all in.
- Weapons are divided by right and left hand so you cannot dual wield certain weapons.
- Firearms are more useful defensively, to stun enemies, giving you time to retreat or counter
- If you hit an enemy's torch they get set on fire.
- You cannot play this the same way as Demon's Souls'. Have to be more aggressive.
- He wants combat to not just focus on action but also the strategic element.
- The combat in the game is designed to feel like a life or death struggle.
- Enemies are not static spawns, but walk around and can come from anywhere (behind crates etc).
- The keywords for the game is "blood" and "beast".
- Blood a key focus and is also used to regain your HP and gain various other benefits.
- They said the Virus(bloodborned) has progressions.
- You get blood sucking it from corpses or items.
- Sucking too much blood will turn you into a beast which I suppose is this game’s Soul/Hollow form. The game will apparently become a lot harder to play/control when in beast mode. To become a human again you need human blood and is where the online component comes into play. [translated from Famitsu, not sure if entirely accurate