F@NB0Y$

Go Back   F@NB0Y$ > Miscellaneous > Rantings of Madmen

Old 04-23-2014, 07:07 PM   #1
Inferno
Tea and murder

Send a message via AIM to Inferno
Default Burning Questions

Procrastination is the name of the game.

I'm finally jumping on the bandwagon after like two years of these question threads. For some reason I get the feeling you're all going to ask really embarrassing stuff. Whatever. I'll do the best I can.
Old 04-23-2014, 07:14 PM   #2
Nuva
yes i vape

what was your first ship

but ah, i guess, what is your biggest fear?
Old 04-23-2014, 07:18 PM   #3
Inferno
Tea and murder

Of course. Of course.

I sooooort of liked the idea of Calvin and Susie back in the day, but I think the first time I ever really shipped anything was 3/4 (Kids Next Door). And that ended up being canon, which was pretty great (even though it didn't happen until I was, like, in undergrad). I also liked Beast Boy and Terra, but I think 3/4 came first.

...This is what everyone knows me for now. Great. I really don't have that many ships, you guys. ._.;

EDIT: Biggest fear is a little tougher. I'm a pretty cowardly person.
This might sound stupid, but I have a phobia of vomit. Doesn't matter who's doing the barfing, it could be myself or it could be someone else, but the concept terrifies me. I've had that fear for as long as I can remember, even back to like age 3 or 4 when my little brother threw up in a restaurant and I booked it out of there. I hold the stomach flu directly responsible for the onset of my panic disorder. Other than that, what I mostly fear right now is growing up alone.

Last edited by Inferno; 04-23-2014 at 07:24 PM.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 07:22 PM   #4
Mr. Dogma
I've had better

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Dogma Send a message via MSN to Mr. Dogma

She really doesn't have many ships.

Also, you totally started this late.
Old 04-24-2014, 01:47 AM   #5
Virgo
Let's get dangerous!

Send a message via AIM to Virgo Send a message via MSN to Virgo

Better late than never, right? And don't worry, I won't ask any yaoitastic questions :P. Uhm, let me think...

Will you ever finish your Harvest Moon for Inferno Plays?
Old 04-24-2014, 04:27 AM   #6
Frent
Elder Statesman

Send a message via MSN to Frent Send a message via Skype™ to Frent

If you were in charge of The Real World: Fire Emblem, what eight people would you put in the house?
"A pig's gotta fly." - Porco Rosso
Frent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 05:07 AM   #7
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

So, what do you think about vaginas?
Old 04-24-2014, 08:06 AM   #8
Inferno
Tea and murder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgo View Post
Better late than never, right? And don't worry, I won't ask any yaoitastic questions :P. Uhm, let me think...

Will you ever finish your Harvest Moon for Inferno Plays?
Prooobably not anytime soon. I haven't picked it up in months. If I ever decide to pick it up again, it'll be to get Katja and Hiro a little babby (and to finally get them back to Konohana). If y'all have suggestions for games I can play on the computer or online (preferably free), throw them at me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frent View Post
If you were in charge of The Real World: Fire Emblem, what eight people would you put in the house?
Well, Marth, Ike, and Roy would have to be there to fight over who gets to be in Smash Bros. Yarne because his fear over everything in the house would make for some laughs. Soren for some much-needed snark. Oh, we need some ladies, don't we? Sully goes in because she's Sully. Mist because she's a cutie patootie. Andddd...Maribelle, because someone's gotta bring some class to this joint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nami View Post
So, what do you think about vaginas?
They're pretty impressive. Anything that can pop out a baby would have to be.
Old 06-16-2015, 03:24 PM   #9
Mallorie
Songstress

Inferno. How do I decide which Harvest Moon husband to marry?

tumblr: mallaproper/mal cosplays | 8tracks: mallaproper | arts & crafts: here
Mallorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 08:39 PM   #10
Person-guy
Jimbobowitz

Send a message via MSN to Person-guy

Have you ever hugged a dog?
Person-guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 08:55 PM   #11
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

Penis goes in, baby comes out.
Old 06-17-2015, 09:27 AM   #12
Inferno
Tea and murder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallorie View Post
Inferno. How do I decide which Harvest Moon husband to marry?
Line 'em up and figure out which one makes your kokoro go doki doki. Or, see if they have events with other characters and figure out which event ends with your kokoro being brokoro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Person-guy View Post
Have you ever hugged a dog?
I think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nami View Post
Penis goes in, baby comes out.
This is true!
Old 07-29-2015, 04:00 PM   #13
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

Whats the current best HM game on the 3DS?

I dunno how much a fan you actually are, but Im in the mood for a good one and I cant think of anyone else to ask.

Also...

What's your all time favorite or most memorable moment from past gaming? Like, a particularly fun multiplayer session, a favorite cutscene or level, anything.

Have you ever been into any trading card games?

What's a sequel you really want to happen, but probably never will?

Any TV shows or movies you'd particularly want, or not want, to see remade?

Do you think there'll still be movie theaters in say, 50 years from now? Or do you think, with stuff like digital distribution and TVs getting bigger and better every year, they'll be a thing of the past (or at least, a niche thing)?

Have you ever paid to have something commissioned, like art or something, online? If not, ever considered it?

What's your favorite thing you own, that's a decoration or cosmetic thing. Art, posters, figurines, etc.

If you were to buy gum from a machine, what color do you hope pops out?
Penakoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 06:22 PM   #14
Inferno
Tea and murder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penakoto View Post
Whats the current best HM game on the 3DS?

I dunno how much a fan you actually are, but Im in the mood for a good one and I cant think of anyone else to ask.
For DS, I've only ever played Two Towns, so I can't really help you there. I've heard good things about A New Beginning.

Quote:
Also...

What's your all time favorite or most memorable moment from past gaming? Like, a particularly fun multiplayer session, a favorite cutscene or level, anything.
Oh Naga.

All I can think about is that stupid bathhouse.

Like I'm sure I have a ton of precious memories stored in the recesses of my brain but right now the only thing going through my head is that dirty, dirty bathhouse. Screw you Dogma

Quote:
Have you ever been into any trading card games?
I collected Pokemon cards as a kid, but only had a vague knowledge of how to play the game in real life. I had the Gameboy version of the trading card game, you know, the one that came with a special Meowth card? - but I could never beat it.

Quote:
What's a sequel you really want to happen, but probably never will?
Apollo Justice II. I could type up a whole rant about how poorly Capcom has treated him but I have work tomorrow and I'm getting tired, so excuse me while I cry myself to sleep.

Quote:
Any TV shows or movies you'd particularly want, or not want, to see remade?
Tokyo Mew Mew was my gateway into manga/anime and it's still a guilty pleasure. I'd like to see it redone like Sailor Moon Crystal. Sorry for the weeb answer. I don't really watch a lot of TV on actual TVs anymore.

Quote:
Do you think there'll still be movie theaters in say, 50 years from now? Or do you think, with stuff like digital distribution and TVs getting bigger and better every year, they'll be a thing of the past (or at least, a niche thing)?
I hope not. That's probably my historian side doing the talking. I mourned the loss of Blockbuster all those years ago, too. I can see why they'd become a thing of the past, but I'm stubborn and would like to see them around. Even though I rarely go and have had bad experiences at theaters in the past...like idiots sneaking in a puppy that whimpered all throughout Brave.

Quote:
Have you ever paid to have something commissioned, like art or something, online? If not, ever considered it?
I have considered it! I've bought a few things from at least one artist in the past, but those weren't commissions.

Quote:
What's your favorite thing you own, that's a decoration or cosmetic thing. Art, posters, figurines, etc.
That's a really, really tough one. I love my knick-knacks and decorations...maybe too much. I'm going to have to list a few.

I have a Pokemon beanbag plush set from KFC that I got when I was about 7. There are four of them: Seel, Dratini, Zubat, and Vulpix. Out of those four, Seel is my favorite, and the first one I got, which was great because he was my very first favorite Pokemon. I played with the first three a lot, but Seel got the most love. He went through quite a bit...
I also have a Litwick plush that I adore (another favorite Pokemon) and two handmade plushes: a cactus that my friend made for me (don't ask) and a little Brady that I made because he has no merch aside from the keychain which I already have. Shut up.

My Kanji figure is pretty sweet.

I have a crapton of posters and too much love for them. I still have two Apollo Justice posters I ripped from an issue of Nintendo Power; I've hung them up in various places every year since 2008. Prints I've bought at Otakon have consistently been fantastic. I have one of almost every character from Avatar (pre-Korra), chibified AJ cast, Sailor Senshi, and all the second-gen characters from FE Awakening.

Quote:
If you were to buy gum from a machine, what color do you hope pops out?
Pink, because then it'll probably be strawberry. But if it's watermelon I'd get rid of it.
Old 08-03-2015, 06:52 PM   #15
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

What's your favorite meal of the day? Breakfast, lunch or dinner?

Any examples of games, movies, shows, books, etc, you didnt think you'd like or get into, but ended up doing so?

What would you rather have, a pool or a hot tub?

What is your favorite Mario, Zelda, Final Fantasy, and Pokemon games, if you have one?

What are some examples of pets you've always wanted, but haven't had yet, for whatever reason?

Also, the two HM games Ive heard the most good things about ironically are both not called HM, Rune Factory 4 and Story of Season. Not a question, but, bluh.
Old 08-04-2015, 05:22 PM   #16
Inferno
Tea and murder

I thought of a past memorable gaming moment. While playing Pokemon Blue on my Gameboy Color, I had just beaten the Elite Four and the credits were rolling, and the battery light was fading fast. My friend was with me, and we were watching the battery light and the credits fearfully, and I was mashing the A button, trying to make the credits speed up. It was a very tense moment, but I was able to save, and we heaved a huge sigh of relief.

Quote:
What's your favorite meal of the day? Breakfast, lunch or dinner?
I like breakfast. I used to hate it, though.

Quote:
Any examples of games, movies, shows, books, etc, you didnt think you'd like or get into, but ended up doing so?
Persona. Once again: screw you, Dogma.

When I was a kid, it was Harry Potter. The HP boom happened around the time I was in 4th grade, 9 years old or so? I think at that point Goblet of Fire had just come out, or was about to come out and then did later that school year. I'm not completely sure. Anyway, HP bothered me for the sole reason that it was everywhere and people wouldn't stop talking about it - you know how it goes. But I gave in and read it eventually. I'm not super obsessed with the series, but I like it well enough that I've read all the books twice.

Same with Sailor Moon. There was this girl I was....honestly, I don't know what our relationship was. It was supposed to be friendship, but sometimes I felt like I was being forced into it by our parents. Sometimes I liked her well enough, sometimes I thought she was humiliating and I wanted to deny knowing her. Childish things, peer pressure...Anyway, she liked Sailor Moon, and while I secretly sort of enjoyed it, I denied liking it at all. I didn't look into it again until I was around 12, and by that point, I don't think it was airing anymore, so I had to search around for the manga, which they weren't printing anymore (and they were the old ones, too, flipped, with dub names and pages that fell out).

I thought The Amazing World of Gumball looked stupid when I first saw it, but it's actually not bad.

Quote:
What would you rather have, a pool or a hot tub?
Hot tub. I don't really enjoy pools anymore unless they're in the context of water parks or something. Less maintenance with a hot tub, and it's consistently warm by nature. Yeah, man, gimme a hot tub.

Quote:
What is your favorite Mario, Zelda, Final Fantasy, and Pokemon games, if you have one?
Zelda: Link's Awakening. My first and forever my favorite.
Mario: This is a bit of a toughie. I enjoyed both Sunshine and Galaxy. Does the first of their RPG games count? I forget the name, but there's Prince Peasley and a guy that says "...Perhaps!" and Bowletta and you have to brew coffee beans. It's been a while.
Pokemon: GSC is probably my favorite generation in terms of gameplay. I got Silver. HGSS were also great and made it even better.

I've never played Final Fantasy.

Quote:
What are some examples of pets you've always wanted, but haven't had yet, for whatever reason?
Recently I've been wanting rabbits. I probably won't be able to get any pets until I'm on my own.
Old 08-07-2015, 12:46 PM   #17
Mallorie
Songstress

What is the most thrill-seeking thing you've ever done?

If you were forced to burn scented candles in your home, what scent would they be?

Do you eat stuff when it falls on the floor? What is your personal statue of limitations on floor food?

Does your family have a special "family recipe" version of a dish? What's the dish? And what's the secret?

tumblr: mallaproper/mal cosplays | 8tracks: mallaproper | arts & crafts: here
Mallorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 05:32 PM   #18
Inferno
Tea and murder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallorie View Post
What is the most thrill-seeking thing you've ever done?
That time I snuck into the steeple in the chapel on campus. I'm not really a big thrill-seeker.

Quote:
If you were forced to burn scented candles in your home, what scent would they be?
No need to force, I love scented candles. I really like Yankee Candle's "Sun and Sand", it smells just like the beach somehow.

Quote:
Do you eat stuff when it falls on the floor? What is your personal statue of limitations on floor food?
Depends on what it is. Most of the time I end up chucking it, but if it's something special like, say, a cupcake, I'll pick it back up right away and just scrape off the floor parts.

Quote:
Does your family have a special "family recipe" version of a dish? What's the dish? And what's the secret?
We make chestnut filling for the various winter holidays and the secret is to use instant potatoes instead of real ones. Somehow that makes it taste better.
Old 08-09-2015, 12:18 PM   #19
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

Who is/are your favorite comic book supervillian(s), and Batman specific supervillian(s), (assuming they arent the same person)?

What is your favorite nut or nut based thing to eat, assuming you're not allergic? ie Peanut butter, Pecan Pie, Reeses, Salted Peanuts, etc.

Speaking of alergies, do you have any?

If a game has optional collectables, specifically games where collecting stuff isnt the main mechanic (like, Mario 64 or Banjo Kazooie type games), how often do you bother going out of your way for them, or even getting 100% of everything?

Do you play games during out-of-home downtime periods, such as riding the bus, waiting for a friend to show up, sitting in a waiting room for stuff like seeing a doctor, etc?

What do you think of stuff like free posters or maps that come with some games? Something to hang up, toss out, or keep in the box?
Old 08-10-2015, 12:34 PM   #20
Inferno
Tea and murder

Quote:
Who is/are your favorite comic book supervillian(s), and Batman specific supervillian(s), (assuming they arent the same person)?
I don't have a lot of experience there. The only superhero comics I've read were ones that a friend lent me in 2009. I could talk about newspaper comics, though. Ask me about newspaper comics.

Quote:
What is your favorite nut or nut based thing to eat, assuming you're not allergic? ie Peanut butter, Pecan Pie, Reeses, Salted Peanuts, etc.
I like almonds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and macadamia nuts.

Quote:
Speaking of alergies, do you have any?
Cats. I'm okay among outdoor cats as long as I don't pet them and then rub my eyes or something, but if I'm at a house with a long-established indoor cat or two, I usually get an allergic reaction. Nothing life-threatening, just itchiness and tearing in the eyes/nose/throat. I also have seasonal allergies.

Quote:
If a game has optional collectables, specifically games where collecting stuff isnt the main mechanic (like, Mario 64 or Banjo Kazooie type games), how often do you bother going out of your way for them, or even getting 100% of everything?
Depends. I try to multitask, like collecting while grinding or on the way to some other destination. Or if I'm sick of pursuing the main goal, I might take a break to collect. Right now I'm mostly picturing Zelda. It helps if there's some kind of reward for getting 100%, like a powerful weapon or more item slots, but if it gets too tedious I give up or consult a guide.

Quote:
Do you play games during out-of-home downtime periods, such as riding the bus, waiting for a friend to show up, sitting in a waiting room for stuff like seeing a doctor, etc?
Always.

Quote:
What do you think of stuff like free posters or maps that come with some games? Something to hang up, toss out, or keep in the box?
Depends on whether I like the poster or not. If I like it, I take it out and keep it. If not, I either leave it in the box or give it to my brother.
Old 08-10-2015, 05:15 PM   #21
That Pooka
Orange you glad

Pottery question:

Would you reenact the scene from Ghost? If so, who are you in the scene?
Old 08-14-2015, 08:13 AM   #22
Inferno
Tea and murder

I had to go look that up. I was expecting a horror movie.

If I was actually trying to throw something that would probably screw me up. Pun intended. Either way, I'd have to be the girl, because if I tried to throw a pot with someone in the way, it probably wouldn't turn out that great.
Old 08-25-2015, 12:14 PM   #23
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

What are some examples of things you really like, that you think is either severely underrated, or is just bad, but you enjoy them anyways for whatever reason?

Do you ever/often spend money on purely cosmetic items in games? Be it skins for characters or weapons, mounts and vehicles in games where that stuff is just for show, etc...

What is the most disappointed you ever were with a game you've played? Whether it was the whole game, or just a part of it.

Do you prefer air conditioning, or opening windows to cool things down?
Old 08-26-2015, 08:38 AM   #24
Inferno
Tea and murder

Quote:
What are some examples of things you really like, that you think is either severely underrated, or is just bad, but you enjoy them anyways for whatever reason?
Apollo Justice is super underrated IMO. But I've already ranted about that, I'm sure.

The writing in the Tokyo Mew Mew sequel wasn't great, and the new main character got a lot of flak, but I still really like her. Weeaboos ain't gonna stop me

I enjoy reading newspapers too. I know that people are predicting the actual paper editions are going to die out someday, but still. They might be a bit underrated. I can't say I know anyone else my age who reads a newspaper as opposed to getting their news online or on TV, but then again, it could be that they do read and just don't talk about it. I don't know.

There are also a lot of characters that I like that are usually pushed to the side in favor of more popular characters. Trying to find merchandise for them is fruitless. Example: back when I watched Kuroshitsuji, my favorite character was Agni. I've been to Otakon for years on end and I've only ever found one Agni-related thing buried among the piles and piles of Grell, Sebastian, and Ciel (screw that kid).

Quote:
Do you ever/often spend money on purely cosmetic items in games? Be it skins for characters or weapons, mounts and vehicles in games where that stuff is just for show, etc...
Not yet I haven't. I can be pretty stingy. I think to myself, "Do I really need this?" and the answer is almost always no. I'd rather save the money to download actual games.
But I'm tempted to buy one of the AA themes for my DS home screen.

Quote:
What is the most disappointed you ever were with a game you've played? Whether it was the whole game, or just a part of it.
Pokemon Conquest was pretty disappointing. I expected Pokemon Fire Emblem and got a confusing gaggle of people who all look the same and waste a month eating a rice ball. It was just....ehhh.

Quote:
Do you prefer air conditioning, or opening windows to cool things down?
I get cold easily, so I prefer opening windows, but only if there's a decent amount of airflow. Sometimes in the car I'll roll the windows down, but if I'm stuck at stoplight after stoplight and there's no air circulating, I have to relent and put the A/C on.
Old 10-19-2015, 12:49 PM   #25
Sudonim
Punkachu

What are some of your favorite horror themed video games? Not necessarily what you consider to be the scariest but rather had the most dynamic environments, which had the best elements of horror, but most of all, which ones you enjoyed the most
Old 10-19-2015, 02:07 PM   #26
Inferno
Tea and murder

I haven't played any unless Midnight Rescue and Luigi's Mansion count as horror games. I'm sure they don't.

I want to play Alan Wake someday, though, if only because my favorite band did some of the music.

Oh, wait, I have played a horror game! Yume Nikki! I enjoyed Yume Nikki. I liked that it wasn't straight-up horror with jump scares and gore and whatnot, but that there was this sense of foreboding that followed you everywhere. Things were all wrong, and you knew it. The fear had a different mood, something kind of despairing. You felt sad, and lonely, and lost.

I also played one of the fanmade spinoffs, the one with Sabitsuki. That one was probably scarier overall, but I liked Yume Nikki better.

There have also been games I've played with some horror-ish elements, but that I wouldn't classify as horror specifically. Like Murderdoc's route and the endgame in Hatoful Boyfriend. Holy moley.

I gotta get back to that thread.
Old 10-26-2015, 10:19 PM   #27
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

What do you enjoy more, cooperative multiplayer or competitive?

How often do you play indie games, relative to non-indie games? Also, what is your favorite indie game?

What was the last special or limited edition of something you bought?

What kind of pizza do you like? Also how picky are you when it comes to pizza and toppings?

What was the last time you felt a significant rush of nostalgia?
Old 10-27-2015, 08:59 AM   #28
Inferno
Tea and murder

Quote:
What do you enjoy more, cooperative multiplayer or competitive?
Usually cooperative. It's fun to team up. But for things that aren't video games - like playing real-life sports or board games - I can get pretty competitive. Like sailor-mouth competitive.

How often do you play indie games, relative to non-indie games? Also, what is your favorite indie game?

Occasionally. Mostly RPG-maker games and Hatoful. Hatoful was good times, but Toilet in Wonderland was also weirdly entertaining.

What was the last special or limited edition of something you bought?

Usually I'm too cheap to spring for the limited/special editions. I did buy the complete hardcover Calvin & Hobbes collection many years ago.

What kind of pizza do you like? Also how picky are you when it comes to pizza and toppings?

I'm a simple person with simple desires. Give me pepperoni and I'm good. I'll eat other kinds too, like supreme, or that one with the mozzarella, basil, and tomato slices, but usually I just like pepperoni. I'm not too picky, but the thing is, I don't eat pizza that often. I refused to eat the pizza from my various school cafeterias, though. That junk was nasty.

Now that I think about it, I'm not picky about the taste of my pizza, but if it's too greasy and I can tell it'll make me feel sick just from the way it looks, I avoid it. When I'm picky about food, it's less about the taste and more about the texture or the way it makes me feel afterward.

What was the last time you felt a significant rush of nostalgia?

I met up with a friend from high school marching band on Sunday to give her a figurine set I wanted to get rid of, and we talked for two hours about band and all kinds of other memories. There were things I had completely forgotten about. Marching band season usually does that to me.

About two months ago I downloaded the Pokemon TCG for Gameboy from the eshop, and playing that was a real trip down memory lane. There was a trainer in the Grass Club with my name...I'd completely forgotten about her, but as soon as I saw her, suddenly I was 8 years old again in the back of a minivan on vacation in North Carolina. Memories are crazy.
Old 11-26-2015, 01:14 PM   #29
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

What is the most excited you ever got for a game, movie or whatever?

Games, Movies, Etc, You used to love, but now don't think are so good anymore. Either because your perception of them has changed, or because you think they've aged terribly, or just a matter of your tastes being different now.

Civilizations or cultures you'd like to see more representation in games, movies, etc. Adventure-y movies, not like, documentaries.

Similar question: Civilizations or cultures you'd like to see more utilized, or used as inspiration more, in fantasy settings? Like, other than the usual European medieval, or Norse legend stuff.

Critical Hit Chance, Armor Penetration, or Attack Speed?

You're at a cafeteria, the food isn't great, but you're really hungry and have no choice but to eat there. There's three things on the menu, do you order the Salisbury Steak, the Fish Sticks, or the Chicken Soup?
Old 11-27-2015, 10:43 AM   #30
Inferno
Tea and murder

Quote:
What is the most excited you ever got for a game, movie or whatever?
Oh man, Deathly Hallows part 1 was definitely up there, mostly because our school arranged a deal with the local theater to reserve a screen for the midnight premiere. We had all kinds of goings-on on campus leading up to it, it was greeeaaat.
Smash Bros. Brawl and Dual Destinies were also pretty exciting releases.
When I was in high school, I would get so excited for new episodes of Avatar that I'd lock myself up in the basement to watch it and put signs on the door telling my family not to bother me. I was way too emotionally invested in that show. It might have been a little unhealthy.

Quote:
Games, Movies, Etc, You used to love, but now don't think are so good anymore. Either because your perception of them has changed, or because you think they've aged terribly, or just a matter of your tastes being different now.
Oof. Well, my taste in music has definitely changed over the years. As far as games go, I've gotten more into adventure, strategy, RPG type things. I'm not as much into the side-scrolling, Marioesque games as I used to be. I like games where I have to think a lot and strategize, whereas back when I was a kid it was more about pressing buttons.

You know how really little kids have movies they watch over and over? For me, it was Snow White. I watched it again a few years ago and, man, given current standards, it's pretty weak. I admire it as a groundbreaker (?) in animation for its time, and I enjoy the nostalgia, but...Snow, I love ya and all, but you're a pretty flat character. Sorry.

Back in my weeaboo days, my introduction was through shoujo manga. I still read some (magical girls are a guilty pleasure of mine), but I'm more into other things now. The shoujo stuff can get pretty cliched and predictable sometimes.

Lastly, I can't tell if kids' cartoons have gotten suckier, or if I've outgrown them. I enjoy Gumball and Regular Show, but I rarely watch TV anymore. If I do, it's usually a movie.

Quote:
Civilizations or cultures you'd like to see more representation in games, movies, etc. Adventure-y movies, not like, documentaries.
Similar question: Civilizations or cultures you'd like to see more utilized, or used as inspiration more, in fantasy settings? Like, other than the usual European medieval, or Norse legend stuff.
Can you imagine a video game about, like, Amish people? Imagine Amish Harvest Moon. Or a game set in PA Dutch country? I'm biased, though.
A VIDEO GAME WHERE YOU HAVE TO LEARN PA GERMAN DIALECT TO ADVANCE THE PLOT. YES. SOMEBODY FUND THIS
Seriously, though, I'd like to see more Korean or Vietnamese stuff. Usually when I see Asian cultures represented they're very obviously Chinese or Japanese. Again, I'm biased (because friends), and it could be that there's Korean and Vietnamese representation out there that I'm just not seeing. Ooh, or Hawaii, maybe the Philippines. (More bias? Lilo & Stitch was my favorite movie for a long time.)
Yeah, all these answers are super biased. Whatever.

....Amish Harvest Moon = nobody has time for Harvest Goddess nonsense = the Harvest Goddess is a demon sent by Satan = everyone shuns the Harvest Goddess. Perfect.

Quote:
Critical Hit Chance, Armor Penetration, or Attack Speed?
Armor penetration. Critical hit and speed are definitely good strategic factors, but they won't do much good if you can't do some real damage.

Quote:
You're at a cafeteria, the food isn't great, but you're really hungry and have no choice but to eat there. There's three things on the menu, do you order the Salisbury Steak, the Fish Sticks, or the Chicken Soup?
Chicken soup. No contest. I'm naturally suspicious of cafeteria food anyway and the other two sound like a fast track to food poisoning.