F@NB0Y$
Old 11-28-2012, 10:22 PM   #31
Addy
NOT!!! A CLOD!!

In regards to one uppers:

"Hey I did this thing"
"HEY I DIDN'T DO THAT THING BUT HEY EVERYBODY LOOK AT THIS OTHER AWESOME THING I DID"

... coooool
Old 11-28-2012, 10:29 PM   #32
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

Is food touching on your plate a pet peeve? Like, you've got corn touching your mashed potatoes, that bugs me a lot, I always have to nudge the food away from each other if any of it is touching.
Penakoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:33 PM   #33
Beev
Kicker of Elves

Send a message via AIM to Beev Send a message via MSN to Beev

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthesto View Post
Are you complaining about free beer
I suppose that's one way to look at it. A man should count his blessings.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:53 PM   #34
Ace
Pet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penakoto View Post
Is food touching on your plate a pet peeve? Like, you've got corn touching your mashed potatoes, that bugs me a lot, I always have to nudge the food away from each other if any of it is touching.
It depends on the food. I don't like, say, a salad with dressing touching my fries and ketchup, but corn and potatoes are fine, in fact I like when they get mixed together. It really depends on how well the two foods go together.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:09 PM   #35
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

I really can't stand it, even ridiculous examples like stuffing touching chicken or turkey. Even if the stuffing was INSIDE the chicken/turkey not 10 minutes prior to dinner, I still don't want the two touching on my plate.

I think the one exception is a burger with fries, I don't mind if they touch. Heck, sometimes I'll even put the fries ON the burger.
Penakoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:43 PM   #36
StevenFC
The Butt Stallion

My pet peeve is when the food on my plate isn't cookies and turkey legs.

An actual pet peeve is salads with fruit. That shit is gross. I do not want strawberries in my leafy greens. Walnuts are ok, but besides that anything plucked from a tree or bush can get the fuck out.

Oh Goddammit
StevenFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:26 AM   #37
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

Dishonesty. Whether it's a straight up lie or just someone being phony as shit. I will generally call a person out on it if they claim one thing and do another. Drives me crazy.

Indecisiveness. Do something or don't do something. Make a decision. Don't spend forever waffling on it. And if you're going to anyway, then don't come to me for my opinion.

Sheeple. Have a mind of your own, you puppet.

Chewing with your mouth open. I want to punch you in the jaw.

Closed mindedness.

When people think they need to pull a cell phone away from their ear to talk into it. They were designed to pick up your voice where they are at. Leave them there.

When people pull up to a red light and stop their car in the cross walk. That is not legal, asshole. I am going to go out of my way to let you know it when I run my hands all over your hood. I will get my ass kicked some day making my point.

When people use the word "literally" incorrectly.

When people use the word "ironic" incorrectly.

Needlessly bossy cops with a middle school hall monitor complex.

The asinine desire these days to take (often extreme) sides in politics without actually knowing what you're talking about. Also, the fact that there is never any middleground or compromise. Everything is red or blue, for or against, and if you try to talk to someone about pros and cons of a particular issue, you're automatically the enemy. Bias in politics is lauded.

Overly vocal atheists/religious types.

Vegans who just have to let you know they are vegans. Also, people who go out of their way to make sure you know that they don't eat meat and then ask for fish.

Politically correct whining. Especially of the Tumblr variety. Oh, and the fact that it's usually people who are not of a particular minority being more offended by something than those of that minority ever are. Please don't tell me what a gay or transgender person should be offended by, mister straight man.

#FirstWorldProblems. Fuck the entire concept of this fad and anyone who uses it. Being aware that you're bitching about something that's not a real problem is fine. Suggesting that others shouldn't be able to do the same is not.

Fox News. MSNBC. CNN.

Having to continually repeat myself.

Broken promises.

When people answer questions with "I don't know" rather than actually thinking up real answers. Usually only when this is a constant thing.

When people start hating bands just because they sign to a major label.

When people remind me of the things I don't like about myself.
Nami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:46 AM   #38
WaffleMaster
That Waffle Penguin Dood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nami View Post
Indecisiveness. Do something or don't do something. Make a decision. Don't spend forever waffling on it. And if you're going to anyway, then don't come to me for my opinion.
Did you just use my name as an action verb? D: am I that indecisive? stay tuned for answers.

Is trying to say an interesting story after an interesting story just to not sound lame count as one upping? i clearly seem to not know how to distinguish one upping.

Oh and this doesn't make me angry but it does make me very sad, when i talk about something interesting and there is a lack of reaction they just stare and listen, so i always try to stay: "wow; that's interesting!, i should try/do/read that" or any kind of reaction when the story seems to need it.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:56 AM   #39
Camisado
fight me

Send a message via MSN to Camisado Send a message via Yahoo to Camisado

Pretty much everything Nami said, though I am guilty of that dumb first world problems fad. And I'm also constantly indecisive, but I think I've gotten better at that.

Also people who use the term "hipster" without really knowing what it means. I'm fine with people kidding about it, but a lot of my friends and people I know just spew it all the time at everything.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:06 AM   #40
Auntie Grieves
Tip of the Dragon Penis

People who want a job done without an understanding of how long the job will take. Having you hovering around expecting it to be done slows me down, and makes it take even longer than you want.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:03 PM   #41
Oliver

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaffleMaster View Post
Did you just use my name as an action verb? D: am I that indecisive? stay tuned for answers.

Is trying to say an interesting story after an interesting story just to not sound lame count as one upping? i clearly seem to not know how to distinguish one upping.

Oh and this doesn't make me angry but it does make me very sad, when i talk about something interesting and there is a lack of reaction they just stare and listen, so i always try to stay: "wow; that's interesting!, i should try/do/read that" or any kind of reaction when the story seems to need it.
If you have a story that's related to the discussion it's not one upping unless you're specifically trying to win, it's basically the attitude you have when you tell it.

-Person 1 makes an observation about something.
Person 2 through 10.000 then proceeds to show what upstanding human beings they are by making a quote train, with the same statement, usually ridiculing the original poster.
Most of the times it isn't even social justice shit.

-People who have to let people know that they weren't fooled by something, congratulations, you spotted a fucking photoshop.

-Badly spelled smut.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:15 PM   #42
Beev
Kicker of Elves

Send a message via AIM to Beev Send a message via MSN to Beev

People who drive directly behind me with their high beams on (Seriously fuck people who do this).

My very mature and reasonable response is to slow to 20 mph, wait for the offender to switch lanes and go around me, then turn my high beams on behind them.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:53 PM   #43
WaffleMaster
That Waffle Penguin Dood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
If you have a story that's related to the discussion it's not one upping unless you're specifically trying to win, it's basically the attitude you have when you tell it.
The more you know.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:45 PM   #44
Raven Serpent
100% Bad 80s Hair

Hey, if everyone else on that road has their lights on, turn your lights on. It makes you harder to see for people wanting to cross the street at a corner otherwise.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:16 PM   #45
Thekylekurtz
Aka Kyle Dark

Send a message via AIM to Thekylekurtz Send a message via MSN to Thekylekurtz

Getting lonely, making an imaginary friend to keep my company, my pet peeve eventually becomes the imaginary friend not leaving me alone especially when I'm trying to sleep.
Thekylekurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:38 PM   #46
Inferno
Tea and murder

Send a message via AIM to Inferno

Stuff like this.

And ALWAYS having to be the one to get the hair out of the drain. If it was just my hair it'd be fine, but it's NOT just my hair, it's several other peoples' too. How people can take a shower and not notice their drain-hair makes the water level rise is beyond me.

When I'm at home it's the opposite problem. My brother takes hair out of the drain, but instead of throwing it in the trash, he throws it on the floor. Whenever he does that, I just leave it there. If that kid is too lazy to take the extra two steps to the trashcan, he can just enjoy a hairball-covered bathroom floor as far as I'm concerned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dogma View Post
When people come into my place and start rummaging through my stuff like it's their own goddamn house. Hey, jackass, maybe fucking ask me before you go going through my drawers or pulling shit out from under my tables and/or bed. If you wanna rifle through like a bookshelf or a shelf of DVDs or something, that's fine because it's out in the open, but don't start going through random shit that's generally meant to be out of sight.
I'm gonna go through your underwear drawer.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:44 PM   #47
Mr. Dogma
I've had better

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Dogma Send a message via MSN to Mr. Dogma

That's okay cause you essentially asked, but I have seriously had a random stranger do that before. She was a friend of my roommate at the time and just walked in, put on my fedora that was sitting on my dresser, and fucking started rummaging through my underwear drawer. I was pretty pissed.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:06 PM   #48
Thekylekurtz
Aka Kyle Dark

Send a message via AIM to Thekylekurtz Send a message via MSN to Thekylekurtz

Oh I hate when I start hearing screaming and assume it's just an audiovisual hallucination and it turns out I'm really just ignoring a violent crime just an earshot away after the fact. Really grinds my gears.

I also hate hearing screaming and looking around just to realize it's just an audiovisual hallucination and I just need to drink until it all goes away.
Thekylekurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:14 PM   #49
EllyEh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
-People who have to let people know that they weren't fooled by something, congratulations, you spotted a fucking photoshop.
Uuuuugh, my moms boyfriend does this ALL THE TIME. We can't get through a movie or TV show without him saying, "faaaaaaake" at some kind of prop/special effect/cg thing.
EllyEh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:40 PM   #50
Catter Kyatta
shaves his legs

Send a message via AIM to Catter Kyatta Send a message via MSN to Catter Kyatta

you should stab him so he bleeds his own blood and ask him if it is fake
Catter Kyatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:10 PM   #51
StevenFC
The Butt Stallion

Quote:
Sheeple is a pet peeve of mine. Not people who don't come to their own conclusions independent of an authority, the word Sheeple itself. I spent too many years dealing with 9/11 conspiracy theorists and Alex Jones worshipers, and now every time I hear that goddamn word I want to rip out my jaw. To me, sheeple is the word edgy fourteen year olds use to pretend that they're smarter than every other person on earth. It's the worst, most immature kind of solipsistic, self-centered ignorant horseshit. I know I'm supposed to listen to the content of an argument not the words they use, but Christ almighty I can't help it with that word.

Quote:
When people pull up to a red light and stop their car in the cross walk. That is not legal, asshole. I am going to go out of my way to let you know it when I run my hands all over your hood. I will get my ass kicked some day making my point.
What makes that more irritating is that those assholes usually pull up far enough to also pull their car's weight off the light's pressure pad. Ensuring that that asshole will be sitting there far longer than someone who isn't breaking the goddamn law.

Quote:
The asinine desire these days to take (often extreme) sides in politics without actually knowing what you're talking about. Also, the fact that there is never any middleground or compromise. Everything is red or blue, for or against, and if you try to talk to someone about pros and cons of a particular issue, you're automatically the enemy. Bias in politics is lauded.
My pet peeve is people racing to the middle! Sure compromise is nice, and sometimes I'll accept a compromise on important issues over no progress at all, but come on. Sometimes there is shit that is wrong and shit that is right. More often than not the extremes are either right or wrong, and creating some horrific, deformed hybrid of both only causes more problems than it solves.

Quote:
Overly vocal atheists/religious types.
[ENRAGED HALF-COHERENT RAMBLING REDACTED]

Oh Goddammit
StevenFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:16 PM   #52
Hlavco
Your imaginary friend

Send a message via AIM to Hlavco Send a message via MSN to Hlavco Send a message via Skype™ to Hlavco

When drivers who aren't passing anybody don't stay in the rightmost lane. Or, people in the passing lane who ARE passing somebody, but only going like 1mph faster than them so you have to wait two minutes for them to complete their pass before you can get by. Basically, drivers who aren't aware of their surroundings. Also drivers who drop to 10mph because it's flurrying out.

Similarly, when groups of people walk side by side, really slowly, in a mall or other narrow space.

People who make widespread assumptions about people they don't know. Like the ones who assume anybody with a nice car or a big truck is a jerk or "compensating for something", or the ones who insist that 100% of the supporters of political party X MUST have Y opinion on issue Z.

Also, using the word "tweens" to refer to kids.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:12 PM   #53
Oliver

Also, the resident computer expert syndrome.

I'm not a silicone fucking messiah just because I was the first in the family to actually care about computers, I don't know how to fix that, take my word for it, how did you even fuck up that badly?
Old 11-29-2012, 11:39 PM   #54
Mayu_Zane
ART-STRONAUT

Anyone who says "anime is better than cartoons." I have a friend who actually does that and it drives me bonkers when he says it. Thank God he only says it when he meets new people.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:02 AM   #55
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenFC View Post
My pet peeve is people racing to the middle! Sure compromise is nice, and sometimes I'll accept a compromise on important issues over no progress at all, but come on. Sometimes there is shit that is wrong and shit that is right. More often than not the extremes are either right or wrong, and creating some horrific, deformed hybrid of both only causes more problems than it solves.
You are giving a great example of what I'm talking about. It doesn't seem to occur to you that, just because I'm not taking an absolute stance on an issue, I might still have an opinion on it. Nor does it mean that I am incapable of taking sides on other issues. No, instead, I'm rushing to the middle because I'd prefer no progress. Nevermind the fact that zero compromise will spell zero progress pretty much 100% of the time.

I'll give you a good example of an issue I'd fall squarely in the middle of. Abortion. I think it's wrong. I think it's unethical and disgusting. I also feel the woman having that child should have the right to choose whether or not to do that awful thing for whatever reason she feels she wants or needs to. Maybe she can't afford to raise the kid. Maybe she was raped. Maybe it's as simple as her just not wanting it. It's her body, it should be her choice. That makes me pro choice, but it's still something of a gray area for me. Look at many other people, though. They don't fucking think about it. It's either good or evil, right or wrong, depending on what your favorite politicians say and most people don't give it a second thought. I hate that. That goes back to my pet peeve about sheeple. Think for yourself.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:04 AM   #56
Ves
The Human

I don't think anyone thinks abortion is good.
Ves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:30 AM   #57
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

People who habitually miss the point.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:09 AM   #58
Ves
The Human

People who can't take criticism
Ves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:35 AM   #59
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

Hypocrisy.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:07 AM   #60
inthesto
Pinkie Pie

Send a message via AIM to inthesto Send a message via MSN to inthesto

Quote:
ahahahaha holy shit
inthesto is offline   Reply With Quote