F@NB0Y$

Go Back   F@NB0Y$ > General > Journals

Old 05-05-2009, 06:53 PM   #1
Mr. Dogma
I've had better

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Dogma Send a message via MSN to Mr. Dogma
Default Social Dogma

That's right, you get the most boring title ever. Though it's totally some of that dual meaning shit.

So yeah I'm gonna try my best to avoid bitching and moaning 24/7 in here, but no promises.

Alright, so uh... first entry. My first class tomorrow is a review and I'm debating if I feel like going, which I probably will since the test is Friday and I could use a refresher over everything. Then I got Spanish and a quiz. Also going over a practice final exam. After that is my last cognitive psychology class before the test on Friday. Not too long after that I come back for the Spanish oral.

Last week of classes and I'm antsy about all my tests this week. Still angry that the Broken Steel DLC for Fallout 3 is borked on GFWL. My "Screw the rules, I have money" shirt still isn't here. I ordered it the 23rd, it shipped the 27th, and it's supposed to take 2-5 days to arrive. Even excluding weekends, it should be here by now.

On the upside when things are done after this week I can apply for summer school someplace a little closer to home. I still need to finish my Rolling Rock. I have less than 2 weeks to finish off 2 bottles. Really shouldn't be that hard, but I'm just not big into beer.

Also, I have a large TF2 video/parody thing I want to work on this summer, but it sounds like it'll need a lot of work, especially since I don't know how to do 60% of the shit I want to do. Would love to finally get around a TF2 machinima series, but I suck at coming up with scripts.

Still need to watch last week's [Scrubs] before the new one tomorrow.

Other words. Alright, I think that's enough for a first post.

Last edited by Mr. Dogma; 11-30-2009 at 04:04 PM.
Mr. Dogma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:25 PM   #2
Mr. Dogma
I've had better

So, just got back from my Spanish oral. It went okay I guess. Only like 10 minutes (though it felt shorter, but seemed to actually take longer), 5 of which I talk to my partner and the 5 minutes of the professor asking us questions. Kinda messed with my mindset though cause I was expecting me and my partner to talk about the movies we've watched in class, but he instead told us to talk about the countries in those movies. It was soooo awkward from lack of stuff to talk about. Fortunately he started asking us question so some of the awkward silences/pauses backed off.

Both of my classes tomorrow are review sessions, one which is for a test next week and won't have anything concrete about what's gonna be on the test. No attendance check so I think I'll skip it. Class after that is going over a practice test for an exam in that same class later that night. Unless something drastic happens and I can't figure out a question, or can't figure out why I got something wrong, then I'm probably gonna skip that too. I never seem to get anything helpful out of review sessions.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:36 PM   #3
Mr. Dogma
I've had better

Haha, I fucking still love playing Nazi zombies. Got to level 20 with my roommate on Veruckt. That level is fucking hard. Our previous best was 21... Soooo close. ;-;
Old 05-07-2009, 12:27 PM   #4
Mr. Dogma
I've had better

Yay, last two days of classes. Gotta start working on a spanish assignment after I'm done writing this, then I get the joys of studying until 7PM tonight when my accounting test goes up online. Then I gotta continue studying for my culture/society and cognitive psyche tests and spanish listening portion of the final tomorrow.

On the upside, some kind of LAN event this Saturday. Gonna rock face on Street Fighter. Gotta practice my Chun-Li, Guile, Rufus, Ryu, and Akuma more so people don't rage against my Vega. Last time I was in a tournament I dicked around with Guile the whole time and then crushed my semi-final opponent's spirit using Vega.

EDIT: Oh right, one probable case of swine flu at the university (who fortunately lives off campus and didn't come to class the suspected week of infection) as well as one possible case of someone with it in the dorms.

Last edited by Mr. Dogma; 05-07-2009 at 01:57 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:33 PM   #5
Mr. Dogma
I've had better

I probably should wait until the end of the day to post shit, but whatever.

So... not liking SharkRobot.com. My shirt still isn't in. Should've taken 2-5 days, and it shipped on the 27th of last month. Excluding weekends and the 27th, it should've gotten here earlier this week. Even the 5-8 day whatever thing mentioned, it STILL should've gotten here by now. Sucks, but as long as it shows up before next Saturday I won't have to fucking rage. I mean, yeah, I should rage for it taking so damn long, but still.

Just finished my accounting test. Wasn't too bad. A lot of calculations though and I really pushed the damn time limit. Plus now it's 9PM, I have a test at 9AM and I need to study for that. I want to be asleep by 1AM since I wake up at 8 so I can get a decent amount of sleep. However, trying to power study for 2 different tests in my remaining 4 hours is gonna be pretty damn hard. I honestly don't think either test is going to turn out well. Unfortunate too cause they're grades that can ultimately determine what grade I get for those classes.

So, really damn disappointed with myself. I thought for sure this semester would go well overall and it really hasn't panned out that way. There's only been 1 test this semester that actually went as well as I thought I did. That's always been a curse of mine, if I ever at some point say out loud, "I think I did pretty well on that test", it's almost guaranteed to come back to bite me in the ass. I have to be absolutely sure I got certain questions right. As in multiple choice tests that I can look at my notes afterward and go, "Alright, I did get that question right" and have others with me knowing I got it right. Hell, even if I get a question where I'm like "Well shit... I got that one wrong. I knew I shouldn't have changed it." But you put me in front of an essay test? I fuck everything up. You put me in front of the same test and somehow make it multiple choice, I'll do a lot better. But I just always have problems with essay tests. It comes down to: "What does the professor/TA want me to put down?" If I put down too much I run the chance of saying either confusing what I'm talking about or just putting something plain wrong. If I put too little, I get the dreaded "Elaborate on this point" and lose points. I just hate not knowing exactly what I need to do to get something fully taken care of. When there's an absolute answer I need precise guidelines or I'll mess something up. If it's open ended I can fucking wow people usually.

Gotta get a copy of my transcript tomorrow so I can apply for summer school near home. Like a journalism class that's the equivalent of an intro to RTF class and then an english class. Hopefully nothing bad happens there, but I dunno. My writing has become a bit lacking. I remember back when I used to be pretty good at it. Not great, but most people who read my work had something positive to say and not a whole lot of criticism. It's been a while though and my lack of practice has caused it to go down the shitter. I used to RP, I admit, and it caused my writing to improve dramatically. I was one of those people who could write a paragraph or two about a few actions without it being a massive amount of detail along the lines of the river description of Heart of Darkness. I could generally captivate people with just enough description to make it stimulate your imagination, but not so much that you get bored of reading it.

Man, now that I think about it just sucks how everything's gone downhill for me ever since the start of high school. When I was younger I was always one of the really bright ones in the class. I'd get A's on everything, even the stuff I did last minute. I never studied and usually learned through osmosis and occasionally retyping my notes. I could do a project for an entire group in one night's work. I understood just about everything and was constantly the go to guy for everyone's problem, academic or otherwise. I always avoided reading any books we needed to and I could still talk about it enough to get an A on anything related to it. Then I hit high school. There were still classes that were still pretty piss easy and I could still bullshit my way through anything about books, but I hit snag all of a sudden with math and science. Even though Spanish vocabulary was still a breeze and I could memorize everything biology related, suddenly I couldn't do math as well anymore. I found myself constantly struggling because I had for whatever reason forgotten most of my algebra. I mean yeah, I still knew the basics, but there were some rules I couldn't remember. Then chemistry was a disaster. Then near the end I found physics and pre-cal to be ridiculously easy. Then I hit college. First year was amazingly easy. I hadn't had such an easy time since middle school. There were classes I literally stopped going to because I wasn't learning anything. I had a math class that allowed you to have a formula sheet and was 95% plug and chug so I felt no need to go. Spanish I was easy too. All present tense. I KNEW I wasn't learning anything there and stopped going. I took biology which for some reason was somewhat difficult for me. I don't know why, it just was. Anyway, I left UTSA to come to UT Austin through the CAP program. Got here and my first semester here was okay. Mostly A's and B's. Second semester didn't go quite as well, but still a decent GPA. This year has been murder though, I can't figure out why. I mean, I know there were classes I needed to study for, and I did. I'd take out a couple hours quite a few days before a test and just buckle down reading and highlighting in my textbooks, retyping my notes, making mock tests over sections to make sure I knew about it, but there was such an intense level of detail. Sometimes certain parts seemed important or insignificant and of course it turned out the opposite. It was taking me 2 tests to finally break down how the professor did the tests and what was focused on, but by then it was usually too late to my grade anything impressive. I honestly have no idea how to study properly. I never needed to in the past, and so I have no study habits. I can go to as many review sessions as there are and it won't help at all. I can try reading beforehand, typing notes, and reviewing those notes, and I won't remember jack shit about it a few days later. I mean I really don't fucking know what to do. I have 1 year left and I need to raise my GPA. It won't be super-amazing, I know that, even if I do really well, but I want it to be higher.

This is depressingly embarrassing for me. I'm not a super genius, I know. I know there's always someone better and I know there's worse, but I also know I'm not doing well enough for me, and I just can't seem to figure out how to fix it. I guess as my escape I've always tried to escape into the realm of fantasy: anime, TV, games, whatever takes me away from it. I guess my past of just naturally being good at things is crippling me now. I'm always expecting to just sort of instantly grasp things. I mean multiple forms of martial arts: kenpo, judo, stick fighting, knife fighting, sword fighting, whatever, I just expect to get it. Even with guitar, knowing I have absolutely zero idea of what I'm doing, I just expected me to pick it up faster than I have. I told myself that the reason I didn't bring my guitar back for this semester is I wouldn't have time to play it, which is partly true, but why? It's because I'd rather play a game that I am already good at, or at least decent at. But mostly, it's because I don't want to embarrass myself with my lack of skill. My roommate is also a friend of mine that I've known since middle school, but I also know if I practice while he's in the room he'll be a douche and make fun of how much I suck at it, while even though I know it's true because I don't really understand what I'm doing yet, is still a douchebag thing to do and would kill my morale even more. It's also why I tend to avoid trying anything new. My fear of failure and not grasping the activity/concept immediately and making myself looking incapable in front of others just cripples me. It's also why I almost never ask for help. I've always found relying on others to be a weakness. I know it makes me sound like a cliche character on a lot of shows, but it's true. I keep finding myself thinking that asking someone for help is showing weakness, which I know isn't true. I know sometimes I need help to do something, but I can never bring myself to do it. My desire for success and my fear of appearing weak are always in contention and ultimately my appearance to others wins. I mean, I'm not in-shape. I admit it. I know I want to lose some weight, but I just can't bring myself to go to the gym. Why? Well... It's because I'm afraid of looking bad. Well... worse. I mean the whole point besides doing it for yourself is for the opposite sex, let's not be naive and say it's not why you go. But well, I don't want to look bad there. I mean yeah, I know in the long run it would cancel out, but well that would involve me parroting this whole rant again.

Anyway, I'm gonna end this now. I kinda noticed how far this strayed from my initial bitching about my tests this week and my t-shirt not being in, to me psychoanalyzing myself. I mean I guess it feels good to have it in writing, but it's kind of a downer, so I'm done for today.

Last edited by Mr. Dogma; 05-18-2009 at 08:25 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:22 AM   #6
Mr. Dogma
I've had better

Yay, done with my fucking tests! Now I just gotta wait until my finals next Friday and Saturday and I'm fucking done with this year. Thank god. And apparently my current background song "Revv me up" is like my god-send song or something. I have never felt more confident and more hyped up than I have today while listening to that song before each class. Hopefully it actually has a correlation and it's not just messing with me, though I guess regardless, the feeling should be reason enough to listen to it, even if the lyrics make no fucking sense.

Also, t-shirt came in some time this week that I was unaware of. I was expecting a notice of a package pick-up, but it turns out it was small enough that they just shoved it into my mailbox. Not expecting that, so I haven't been checking my mail. I guess it's actually for the best, since tomorrow there's a LAN party with Street Fighter so it'll feel fun to wear the shirt there. I had wanted to wear it this week during classes, but this kinda feels like a better time.

I actually feel pretty good today despite my emo sounding post last night.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:57 AM   #7
Mr. Dogma
I've had better

I there was ever a time I genuinely wanted to be a super villain, it'd be now.

But first, let's Quentin Tarantino that shit and start with the story that leads up to that comment.

So yeah, the story after my post yesterday involved me ordering some Pizza hut: 20 wings, 5 breadsticks, and a stuffed crust pizza. Fucking delicious. Best meal I've had all semester. I felt pretty good about my tests, which might come back to bite me, but I don't want to think about it now. Felt tired early and hit the sack and fell asleep in virtually no time...

Then at fucking 4: 30 in the morning the usual drunken gaggle of idiots showed up to fucking yell at each other in front of our room. I could hear just a random assortment of shit they were talking about including the phrase: "Who the fuck are Matt and Mason?" (me and my roommate respectively). Since we're the only ones fucking smart enough to lock our door, since we expect this kind of shit, we were the only people whose room they couldn't get into. They went down the hallway raiding everyone's room. However, since they couldn't get into ours they proceeded to fucking pound on the door, and since we're next to the stairs, they went into the stairwell and pounded on the wall of our room too, all the while yelling at us. It was only after about 40 minutes when they decided to dissipate and 20 more minutes when me and my roommate told each other we couldn't fucking sleep and he decided to go take a piss did we learn the extent of what the fuck was going on outside. They had fucking ripped name tags off assorted doors and switched them around. Not bad, but then here comes the vandalism part. They ripped off the brand new room number labels (I mean they were put up only last month) and moved them around the hallway. Ours is currently upside-down above the fire alarm. We also have a different room in place of ours. The one across the hallway has no room number and a good portion of the wall is gone too. Further down the hall, what can only be assumed to be another room number, is gone too. I tried to look through the fish eye door hole thing, but they had placed a name tag over it, so I couldn't see who was causing the ruckus. However, we did hear 3 names, which is something.

If there was ever a time I wanted to genuinely be a super villain, it'd be now. I would arch those fuckers into never wanting to touch an alcoholic beverage again. I'm getting really fucking sick of dealing with this shit every week.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:12 PM   #8
Mr. Dogma
I've had better

More of me talking to myself. Just got back from a LAN party. Been playing Street Fighter for the past 6 hours. One really good guy there who could trash me regardless of who I was playing, including my Vega. Awesome to get to play against him and I did manage to beat him once and forced him into playing hard otherwise. But getting nailed by his BnB of j.hk, c.lp, clp, c.lp-c.mk xx buffalo head really fucking hurt. Still good fun though, but I felt bad for crushing the spirits of the other players. I tried my best to cheer them up by telling him how they were improving and making less of the same mistakes and it seemed to work for the most part. I'd still be there but it's pretty damn late and I'm getting pretty tired, plus I don't feel like continuously chugging Pepsi for the minor burst of energy from the caffeine and sugar, but mostly the cold.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:13 AM   #9
Apollo
Il Duce

Send a message via Skype™ to Apollo

Talking to yourself makes you crazy, you know.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:18 AM   #10
Mr. Dogma
I've had better

It does not make us crazy. You sir are a liar. What does it feel like to be a liar with pants constantly on fire?

Also, woke up and immediately hit Street Fighter IV. Apparently, I can't hit 1-frame links as consistently anymore.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:07 PM   #11
Nuva
yes i vape

It means you're drunk.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:15 PM   #12
Mr. Dogma
I've had better

D=
But I need that beer for later!
Old 05-14-2009, 08:46 AM   #13
Mr. Dogma
I've had better

Oh right... this thing... Uh... Okay.

None of my grades for my tests last week have been posted yet. I have my first final tomorrow night at 7 for Spanish IV, which is great cause I'm tired of taking spanish. Turns out I had mixed up what days my finals were on. I thought Spanish was Saturday and Psychology/Law was Friday. My mix-up actually turned out to be good news because it gave me a full extra day to study. Unfortunately, I've also found it ridiculously hard to get myself to study for any extended amount of time.

I've been play HAWX a lot lately. I dunno why. Also watched Iron Man for the first time this week and thought it was pretty awesome. Looking forward to trying out "Killing Floor" later today when it's released.

One of my back upper teeth has been bothering me for the past few days. It often results in me spitting out blood as I brush my teeth, but when I touch it, I get nothing. The bleeding stops so spontaneously it makes me think I'm imagining it sometimes. However, this morning got quite a bit of blood, but stopped just as fast as it started. I dunno what's wrong with it. It's a wisdom tooth, so I'm considering having it removed.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:39 PM   #14
Mr. Dogma
I've had better

Alright, so one final down. One to go.

I'm looking forward to the summer so much, even if I'm planning on doing summer classes. They'll still be some time, though maybe I'll take classes during the 2nd summer semester or something.

Hopefully I can get a job at like GameStop or something too. As long as it's not serving food, I don't particularly care what it is.
Old 05-16-2009, 08:00 PM   #15
Mr. Dogma
I've had better

Fuckin' done with finals. Score.

That is all.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:25 PM   #16
Mr. Dogma
I've had better

Well, I wanted to use this summer to try out new semi-artistic things. Videos and the like. I had always wanted to do a web series or something to that effect. I'd love to be able to make a series of... anything... that people would watch on a regular basis. Maybe try a wide range of stuff.

Anyway, I've decided I'm going to try my hand at doing an abridged movie. I know, the idea has probably been done to death, but hey, so has machinima in general. The movie I'm planning to abridge... Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie. This movie is so terrible and lends itself to so many jokes, I'd be a crime to not do it. Which is odd because I didn't see it abridged on YouTube. So... Guess I get to do the honors. I'll probably start work on it sometime later this week. I'm really looking forward to doing it, if nothing else, for me and my friends.

Anywho, yeah, gotta rewatch the movie again and find what I thought were some of the main plot points, fight scenes, and easy jokes. Also, probably time for a music change. I don't really need the "montage" music anymore.

Last edited by Mr. Dogma; 06-09-2009 at 03:20 PM.
Old 05-24-2009, 12:50 PM   #17
Mr. Dogma
I've had better

I should really start on that video. Still gotta find some video editing software first.
Old 05-27-2009, 02:41 PM   #18
Mr. Dogma
I've had better

I rage punched a wall and now there's a big hole in it. That is not gonna be fun explaining to my parents.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:05 PM   #19
Sythe
King of Mansexing

I did that once. Say you tripped and put your hand out.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:48 PM   #20
Mr. Dogma
I've had better

You know, that's actually very believable. Based on the location of the wall and shit in my room nearby, it's very likely I could trip on it, since I have before.

EDIT: Ended up telling my dad, because as usual he was really understanding of it. He didn't get mad, just asked me what set me off, told me the walls aren't really as sturdy as I think (which frankly is kinda obvious now), and that I should keep it hidden until we can find a way to fix it.

Last edited by Mr. Dogma; 05-27-2009 at 04:35 PM.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:15 AM   #21
Mr. Dogma
I've had better

Okay, so uh, lesse, getting in a quickie here. Surprise trip to A-kon year and I'm gonna get ready to head over there in a little while. Just gonna grab some food first.

Also, been working out how to try and get MGS4 PS3 Bundle by the end of the summer, which is an obtainable goal. Going for the 80GB version since it's still a backwards compatible model.

Anyway, time for brunch, then A-kon. I'll try and get some pictures.
Old 05-30-2009, 05:55 PM   #22
Apollo
Il Duce

Send a message via Skype™ to Apollo

Hey Dogma, you got some awesome music on this page bro.
Old 05-30-2009, 06:23 PM   #23
Mr. Dogma
I've had better

Also, back from A-kon. Didn't take any pictures, most of the AMV's weren't very good, but I did get to beat some ass in SFIV. Broke some dude's 24 win streak.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:44 PM   #24
Mr. Dogma
I've had better

Okay, so I have summer classes starting tomorrow. Had a LAN earlier this week and played C&C Generals: Zero Hour, CS: Condition Zero, and DotA. Pretty fun. Got another coming up this Saturday.

I should really fucking learn Adobe Premiere so I can start on my damn Street Fighter abridged. Somehow I just see it as a large project to learn to work it. Beyond that I also have that TF2 series I wanted to start this summer. Maybe just a PSA or two or something for practice and general criticism before I start an actual story with plot or something.

Trying to actually pick up guitar...again. It's not going well. But hey, at least I have one to mess around with.

Still want to get a job for the summer to get some extra cash, especially since I want a PS3 by summer's end, as well as a copy of BlazBlue to go with it. I just feel fighters best belong on either the arcade or the playstation, whichever version it may be. Better d-pad. As it stands for my goal of an 80GB MGS4 bundle, I have $200 cash stashed away, $160 waiting for me come this Sunday when I finish taking care of some plants, and a $48 dollar check that represents a payment error the last time I went to the dentist. So yeah, roughly $400 sitting in the pocket. Just need another $100 or so and I'm set.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:20 PM   #25
Mr. Dogma
I've had better

Music make you lose control... control... control...

Last edited by Mr. Dogma; 06-13-2009 at 02:25 PM.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:43 PM   #26
Addy
NOT!!! A CLOD!!

I suddenly regret clicking this.

..Though this is kind of neat.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:50 PM   #27
Mr. Dogma
I've had better

It does that.
Old 06-13-2009, 02:30 PM   #28
Mr. Dogma
I've had better

Man, I've used so many songs in this thread. Anywho...

So, finished my first week of summer classes. Not bad. Though the 2nd hour where we talk about poetry until class lets out is kinda... not my cup of tea. As such, the writing assignment over which we do an 8-12 page paper analyzing a poem is gonna pretty much be hell for me.

Been hanging out with my friends a lot lately. Last week my parents were out on a cruise so I had the house to myself for a while. Me and my friends lanned 2 or 3 times, I forget. We're meeting up here again tonight to LAN yet again. Been playing a whole lot of DotA. Except for one of my friends, we pretty much all suck at the game, so we've been practicing against bots which do surprisingly well. There are a few mechanics you can abuse regarding bots, but it's not groundbreaking or anything. It doesn't sway the match heavily. In fact most of the time, we still lose.

Last edited by Mr. Dogma; 06-19-2009 at 10:38 PM.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:50 PM   #29
Mr. Dogma
I've had better

If there's something strange... in your neighborhood... who ya gonna call?

So yeah. 2nd full week of classes completed. Again, not bad. Lot of notes, and delays of a poetry project, but now that's come about. I have to find 10 sources by Monday, write 2 to 3 pages critiquing a poem or poet (I'm doing Wilfred Owen), and turn in my introductory paragraph by Sunday night. I'm not terribly worried, but once I get back from the shooting range tomorrow and finish busting some ghosts, it's gotta be straight to work on it.

Speaking of busting ghosts, Thursday night I watched Ghostbusters for the first time I remembered. I loved it, though I guess that's expected since I've been a fan for years. I'm not really sure how that works. I guess the 2nd movie did it for me in conjunction with the old cartoon. I definitely remember having one of those little action figures of Egon (which probably explained why he was my favorite even though I could not for the life of me remember his name at the time, but I could recognize him in a heartbeat) that came with Slimer. He squirted water and it would make "slime" appear on Egon. One of those temperature things.

Moving on. I did rent the game immediately after coming out of class. I lucked out. It was the last copy. I played it from since I got home until my friends showed up. I probably could've beaten it already, but we lanned stuff, so I gotta wait until after I get back from the shooting range. Love the game. Campaign is short, and I haven't tried multiplayer yet, but I'm sure it'll be fun. Though, I'm not honestly sure if I want to buy it. Depends on how fun the multiplayer is. Oh and as for my usual relevant song...

Last edited by Mr. Dogma; 07-17-2009 at 01:49 PM.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:49 PM   #30
Mr. Dogma
I've had better

I keep forgetting I have this thing. Lesse if I can remember anything of note since I last wrote in here.

Finished my first summer class. Ended up with an A, though I'm not really sure how I did on my final paper. My professor seemed to like my early drafts, but I'm hoping I didn't have too many style problems. 3 points per mistake hurts after a while, but whatever, I still got an A.

Got a Mosin Nagant 1891/30. I'm still not done cleaning the barrel. Lot of gunk in it and the last cleaning rod I used broke off. The cleaning rod that came with the rifle itself was incomplete. No brush. So I ended having to buy the previously mentioned one that broke. I'm still searching for an old sniper scope and bolt. All I can think of is how bad ass it would be to convert it to match the version used by The End. Tranq rifle. Fuck yeah.

Umm... Bought the MGS4/Killzone 2 PS3 bundle. Already had BlazBlue before I bought it, but it's nice that I can now play it. I haven't touched my 360 since I bought the thing, but I'm sure I'll eventually get to the point where I bounce back and forth. Already beat MGS4 on Solid Normal. Took like 20 hours with all the cinematics and pause time for when I was eating. I really liked the game. Interesting story with an interesting theme. Really loved the way it tied together all the games and the boss battles were fun, although a little easy.

Started my 2nd summer semester. Online course though, so no big deal. Lot of reading poetry and posting about it on the discussion board. Had an essay due Thursday/yesterday. I guess I did okay, I don't really know. Wednesday night I could not bring myself to work on the damn thing though so I woke up early Thursday to do it.

Went to a Rise Against/Rancid concert last night. Pretty badass. Also interesting to see the different way the crowd acts during each band. Rancid had flying beer cups, tons of crowd surfing, moshing, and the stench of pot just everywhere. Rise Against had only a few flying beer cups, less crowd surfing, some moshing near the end, and only the lingering smell of the pot from Rancid. Still really badass though.

I'm out of shit to say. I'll find some music to throw in here. Probably gonna be Metal Gear.