F@NB0Y$

Go Back   F@NB0Y$ > Miscellaneous > Rantings of Madmen

Old 04-02-2012, 07:56 AM   #1
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

Default Ask Me About Squirrels (and other stuff too)

... Cause I've got nothing.

I was going to wait until my Birthday to do this but that's months away and I am impatient, so here it is.

Ask anything you want, be it personal, opinion, or hypothetical, and I'll probably answer, with plenty of detail if needed.

Last edited by Penakoto; 02-28-2013 at 08:48 PM.
Penakoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:26 AM   #2
Scoffee
Assssss Cobra

Send a message via MSN to Scoffee

Why Makoto? What's your favorite animal?
Old 04-02-2012, 08:28 AM   #3
Rock Lobster
the Tasty

Send a message via Skype™ to Rock Lobster

Roboshark vs Megacroc. Who would win?
Old 04-02-2012, 08:38 AM   #4
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoffee View Post
Why Makoto?
I like Makoto's personality, she''s a very fun individual, full of energy, sassy, lot's of things. I could list a lot of things here.

I don't really like her fighting outfit, but I love the tail, and the hair, and her black coat outfit she wears when she isn't fighting or at school is adorable.

Gameplay wise, she's very aggressive, which is very, very much how I like to play just about any game. But with fighting games specifically, I like constantly getting up in peoples face, laying down the hurt, which is exactly what Makoto is all about. Also, I LIKE PUNCHING THINGS! Punching characters are always fun characters.

Lastly, her backstory, I can sort of relate, as I had a lot of bullying problems growing up that really got to me, I didn't have the problem of 'Speciesism' though, but yeah...

So, to sum up. I like her personality, her design (mostly), her fighting style, and her origins.

Quote:
What's your favorite animal?
Penguins, most definitely. Rockhopper specifically, because they're itty bitty and have those goofy looking eyebrows.

Other animals I like: Cats, hedgehogs, mice, snakes, sharks, birds in general, squirrels, chipmunks and if Dinosaurs count, mother f'in DINOSAURS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Lobster View Post
Roboshark vs Megacroc. Who would win?
My mother would be able to answer this better, probably dedicate an entire page of writing to answer it even, but... uh... I'd say Roboshark.

Mega just implies size and strength, Robo could mean a lot of things, lasers, missles, tracking devices, retractable fin blades?

Last edited by Penakoto; 04-02-2012 at 08:42 AM.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:49 AM   #5
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

Why does Kitana suck?
Old 04-02-2012, 10:15 AM   #6
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

Because Mileena blows, and Kitana wants nothing more than to be less like Mileena, because she blows.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:40 AM   #7
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

I heard you're a fan of girls who suck.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:41 AM   #8
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

You think you have better taste in girls? That makes me Sai.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:09 PM   #9
That Pooka
Orange you glad

Couple "serious" questions, then a couple "humorous" questions:

How goes the plans on moving out?
&
How old are you?

Then

Can I have a hug?
&
Super Speed or the ability to predict the future, which would you choose?
Old 04-02-2012, 06:55 PM   #10
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

My plans have changed for moving, from Texas to rooming with a good friend, where we're going though I'm not sure, it depends on him.

20. 21 in just a few short months.

How about just a friendly punch in the arm?

Depends on the actual power of each super power. How fast exactly? Are we talking just 'I can run really fast' or the Flash levels or ridiculous super speed abilities? How accurate, how quickly and how far into the future, can I predict? Do I only see things my future self experiences?

Last edited by Penakoto; 04-02-2012 at 07:08 PM.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:12 AM   #11
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

Would you consider yourself a console fanboy?
Old 04-03-2012, 05:17 AM   #12
Scoffee
Assssss Cobra

What's your favorite typical breakfast food? And don't say Canadian bacon.

You gonna come visit me when you move out?
Old 04-03-2012, 05:33 AM   #13
Kaze
QUICKSCOPENOSCOPE360WREKT

If given the chance, would you become a squirrel girl?

:3c uguu~
Old 04-03-2012, 07:33 AM   #14
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

Quote:
What's your favorite typical breakfast food? And don't say Canadian bacon.

You gonna come visit me when you move out?
Bacon and tomato sandwich, on toasted bread, with honey mustard. Mos' def'. It is delicious, and not all that difficult to prepare despite actual cooking being involved with the bacon.

Second favorite, pancakes, I love getting pancakes at restaurants, even for lunch or dinner. Chocolate chip if available, lot's of syrup, and butter, and blueberry jam.

And yeah, of course, you know what I want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nami View Post
Would you consider yourself a console fanboy?
Do you mean a specific console, IE the PS3? Or in general, compared to PC or portable gaming?

If the former, eh, not really. I bought the PS3 because of MGS4, I keep playing the PS3 and don't buy the Xbox 360 because of the sheer amount of games I enjoy that are multiplatform, and I didn't like the Wii because of the lack of games I wanted to play.

If the latter...

Noooooooo. No, nononononono.

PC has been my thing since forever, if given the choice, I'll play the PC version of a game 90% of the time. Only regularly occurring exception to this is fighting games.

Then there was the long period between me being able to purchase my first gameboy, and about 2008 or so, that I was huge into portable gaming, way more than console gaming.

I loved watching TV or movies while playing a long-ass RPG, or going on trips and spending the long car rides playing stuff. Buuuuuut, the current gen of portable gaming, doesn't impress me much, so portable gaming has become less of a big deal for me.

Ever since I was like, 5, when all the things I played were educational games and minesweeper, I've been huge into PC gaming.

I have very fond memories of playing Warcraft: Orcs and Humans, various point and click adventure games (despite never knowing where to go or what to do, because you know, I couldn't even READ back then) and a few old WRPGs that I was terrible at back then.

Not to say I didn't have a lot of fond memories of console gaming though. I loved Megaman games on the NES, I lusted over the SNES for years (parents wouldn;t get me one, handed me down the old Genesis instead), and the whole Gamecube era was great.

Fondest console gaming memories, despite me not actually being the one gaming, was watching my parents play. Collection heavy adventure games like Banjo Kazooie were the best thing to watch, and once in awhile we got a multiplayer game and played together. Best times in gaming, probably ever for me, were me and my father playing Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance on his PS2.

Though: So, to sum up/=. From the start of my gaming 'career' to today, I've been a PC gaming fanboy. I spend a lot more time playing stuff on the PC than my PS3. Only touching my PS3 for web browsing, Blazblue, and the occasional console exclusive release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaze View Post
If given the chance, would you become a squirrel girl?

c uguu~
Despite the very likely chance I'll be taken in by the government and experimented on because of the sudden gender change and tail growth, oh god yes. I want that big fluffy huggable tail following me around everywhere, so much. Natural, not that fursuit crap.

Though, if I also got the strength and agility associated with both known Squirrel Girls, particularly Makoto, I'd definitely be able to hold my own. Makoto has no super powers or magic beyond her natural psychical capabilities, yet goes toe to toe with insanely powerful foes, and even survives being forced into an alternate dimension, which would kill just about anyone else.

It'd be worth the associated, real life risks, and be totally awesome.

Last edited by Penakoto; 04-03-2012 at 07:39 AM.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:59 AM   #15
Scoffee
Assssss Cobra

Would you lose respect in me if you knew I touched myself to Makoto?
Old 04-03-2012, 09:13 AM   #16
Standing Freddy
The Best Looking Guy Here

Send a message via AIM to Standing Freddy

If you got into a fight with Makoto MGQ style, would you lose on purpose?

If you had to choose one character to be (That's not Makoto.) from Blazblue, who would you choose?

Also, we can probably play soon. Sorry I haven't been available to play lately. But this week I should be able to get a chance to get on and get Astral'd by you. :D
Standing Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:20 AM   #17
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

Quote:
Would you lose respect in me if you knew I touched myself to Makoto?
Joke answer: DON'T YOU TOUCH MY GIRL, SHE'S MINE

Real answer: No, not really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Standing Freddy View Post
If you got into a fight with Makoto MGQ style, would you lose on purpose?

If you had to choose one character to be (That's not Makoto.) from Blazblue, who would you choose?

Also, we can probably play soon. Sorry I haven't been available to play lately. But this week I should be able to get a chance to get on and get Astral'd by you. :D
A) Yes

B) Tager, because being huge and tough and able to leapt into SPACE, pretty awesome.

C) That's good, because I've been craving some BB recently, but playing random matches sucks, in any fighting game, and the other people I normally play with either are playing Tales of Graces, SFxT or UMvC3, or haven't been on in a few days.

Last edited by Penakoto; 04-03-2012 at 09:34 AM.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:42 AM   #18
Standing Freddy

What is your favorite game, and why? If you can't pinpoint your absolute favorite, what games do you like more than others?

If you had to marry any character from Blazblue (Besides Makoto.) who would you choose to be with?
Old 04-03-2012, 11:04 AM   #19
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

I love seeing new questions. This is so fun!

Quote:
What is your favorite game, and why? If you can't pinpoint your absolute favorite, what games do you like more than others?
This is a really difficult question for me. A few years ago, my answer would have been unquestionably Tales of Symphonia. It was a huge surprise for me, I bought it based on one Nintendo Power preview, and absolutely fell in love.

Since getting my PS3, replaying some old WRPGs that I wouldn't have been able to fully appreciate when they were first released, and looking back at some old favorites, I'm not so sure anymore.

Tales of Symphonia is still way up there, even if it's not #1 anymore. It's just a really fun game, with a great art style, great music, only thing not great is the story, which is only 'ok'.

Other games to consider:

Planescape Torment, by far the greatest story of any game I've ever played, but the gameplay really holds it back, especially compared to other games with the similar D+D dicerolling type action.

Fallout and Fallout 2, which I like both very equally. It has a great setting and the gameplay is pretty fun, but damn is it an ugly game, it did not age well.

Blazblue, as a series, I love the characters, the fighting is fun, and I enjoy the story. Holding it back from being my favorite is the lack of a conclusion to the main story so far (hopefully, BB3 will finish the story up), and a few characters annoy the shit out of me (Fuck you Lambda/Nu, you are so un-fun to fight.)

The Witcher 2, was an amazing experience from start to finish, but I think it's too early to judge yet, there's still DLC on the way that fixes the problem of Act 3 being so brief and the ending being so abrupt. We'll see when the patch comes if the game is worthy of #1.

Fire Emblem, looking back at that game, it really meant a lot to me. I must have played the game 50+ times in the time I spent playing the GBA.

Bioshock was a game I really enjoyed when it first came out. The story was amazing, as were the settings, the gameplay and exploring Rapture. Buuuuut the game is very un-replayable for me, I've tried twice and both times quit before finishing Fontaine Fisheries.

Fallout New Vegas is a contender, great story, DLC is amazing and I wish all DLC was as good, and it is ridiculously modifiable. Buuuut, the shooting aspect, at it's core, is pretty mediocre.

Blizzard RTS games, from Warcraft: Orcs and Humans to Starcraft 2, all spectacular and fun.

All are contenders. but not necessarily the winners.

Quote:
If you had to marry any character from Blazblue (Besides Makoto.) who would you choose to be with?
Uhhhh... I dunno, I'll have to think on this one.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:08 AM   #20
Standing Freddy

I know, it's fun to see new questions right? I'm sad my question thread has fallen into the abyss. I didn't expect that to not happen though, heh.

If you were given the chance to be a part of a game world, as in live there, become important to the main story of the game and what not, which would you choose?
Old 04-03-2012, 12:07 PM   #21
That Pooka
Orange you glad

Eh, for the super speed/predictions: Go nuts. Make sure it's a balanced choice and choose accordingly.

As in, as fast as
Spoiler for Fast can be:
If you need to get to Paris, France, you could run there in less than a minute. Move fast enough that you could swim through the air as though it were water, absorb the air molecules through your skin, create pockets of air pressure by squeezing it down then placing it wherever you wanted before it expanded as a form of telekinesis.
versus

The Ability to predict the future of any one place and time
Spoiler for Future!:
So you could see a specific person/object and see their futures according to when you decided to look.

For example, pick a mountain, see forward 300 years and know the mountain will have settlements on it, go back to 150 years, then 75, then 37, etc, etc, until you find the exact point you want to see.

Concentrate on a person, then choose to look at them an hour from now. You could be such a pervert! Or, know any and all national secrets of any country by focusing on the correct person!

It counts as extra powers!

Get creative with either answer, as if you could do whatever you wanted. But choose wisely, because one does not necessarily compensate for the other.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:08 PM   #22
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

Alright, two things to add to your last post Freddy.

1) I forgot MGS3 as a contender for my favorite game.
2) After much consideration, I'd say Litchi would make the best non-Makoto spouse. She's nice, capable, well respected, huuuuuuuge... tracts of land. Yeah. I thought about Tager, but he's very work focused, and weighs like, a million tons. Taokaka would be fun, but a hassle. Jin, as long as he isn't a psychopath anymore at the time, would be an ok husband, but I'd still choose Litchi over him.

Quote:
I know, it's fun to see new questions right? I'm sad my question thread has fallen into the abyss. I didn't expect that to not happen though, heh.

If you were given the chance to be a part of a game world, as in live there, become important to the main story of the game and what not, which would you choose?
I'll think of something to ask in your thread, I'm not very good at asking questions.

It's hard to say really, a lot of my favorite worlds are either terrible futures or dung age fantasy worlds.

Blazblue has an interesting world, but it's also a world where most of the world is covered in an invisible toxic gas. Name pretty much any fantasy world, and you're sacrificing modern luxury for elves and dwarves in medieval like period.

I've always liked Arcanum and it's world. Modern enough I wouldn't miss the basics, but still full of fanatasy and adventure. Out of all the possibilities I can think of, it's world seems the best choice, but I'm sure I'll think of somewhere even better before the night is over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Pooka View Post
Eh, for the super speed/predictions: Go nuts. Make sure it's a balanced choice and choose accordingly.

As in, as fast as
Spoiler for Fast can be:
If you need to get to Paris, France, you could run there in less than a minute. Move fast enough that you could swim through the air as though it were water, absorb the air molecules through your skin, create pockets of air pressure by squeezing it down then placing it wherever you wanted before it expanded as a form of telekinesis.
versus

The Ability to predict the future of any one place and time
Spoiler for Future!:
So you could see a specific person/object and see their futures according to when you decided to look.

For example, pick a mountain, see forward 300 years and know the mountain will have settlements on it, go back to 150 years, then 75, then 37, etc, etc, until you find the exact point you want to see.

Concentrate on a person, then choose to look at them an hour from now. You could be such a pervert! Or, know any and all national secrets of any country by focusing on the correct person!

It counts as extra powers!

Get creative with either answer, as if you could do whatever you wanted. But choose wisely, because one does not necessarily compensate for the other.
I'd have to go with Prediction powers then. I could use it not only to make myself absolutely rich, very easily, without giving myself away to the public, but it'd have unlimited practical applications in every day activities.

Plus, I could use the power for the sake of curiosity. When will the next big war occur? Will any sort of great catastrophic event effect humanity any time soon? What will the far future be like?

Even little things like when will it rain next, how good will an upcoming game be, or finding out about big news stories long before they actually happen.

It wouldn't be the perfect super power, but out of speed and prediction, prediction of the future is the superior choice here.

Last edited by Penakoto; 04-03-2012 at 06:19 PM.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:19 PM   #23
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penakoto View Post
Do you mean a specific console, IE the PS3? Or in general, compared to PC or portable gaming?
Yeah, I meant consoles. Only asked because you've seemed very pro-PS3 and very anti-360 in conversations. Just figured I'd ask.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:22 PM   #24
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

I'm anti-buy-a-360-just-to-play-multi-platform-games-with-one-or-two-extra-people-per-game.

If I had bought an Xbox 360, I'd not want a PS3, but really still want to play Uncharted or MGS4, or have free multiplayer. Since I got a PS3 though, I don't want an Xbox 360, but lust over Tales of Vesperia and the larger community.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:27 PM   #25
That Pooka
Orange you glad

Tell me what comfort foods you like?
Old 04-06-2012, 07:32 PM   #26
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

Ice cream, anytime I'm sad, depressed, tired or just want to relax, I grab a tub of ice cream and chow down. Usually, the flavor is one of the following: Mint chocolate chip, Chocolate and Banana, Chocolate and Peanut Butter, or just plain ol chocolate.

How I'm not 1200 pounds I'll never guess, I'm not even 120 most of the time.
Old 05-19-2012, 02:32 AM   #27
Dommykins

What if Makoto was a penguin girl instead?
Dommykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 05:58 PM   #28
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

How would that work? A beak and flippers? Nah, I think I like the tail better.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:05 PM   #29
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

I feel like writing stuff and have nothing to add to the journal, so I thought I'd see if anyone wanted to ask me new stuff here.

Anyone?
Old 06-11-2012, 08:21 PM   #30
Nuva
yes i vape

Scariest thing ever happened to you. Go.