F@NB0Y$

Go Back   F@NB0Y$ > Miscellaneous > Rantings of Madmen

Old 06-11-2012, 10:56 PM   #61
Kaze
QUICKSCOPENOSCOPE360WREKT

NUVA

YOU HOLD A GRIM DESTINY IN YOUR HANDS, BROTHER.

BUT IT IS NOT YOUR OWN.

PLACE THE CROWN UPON MY HEAD.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:58 PM   #62
Nuva
yes i vape

Sure why not

i didn't want to sit in that throne anyways
Old 06-12-2012, 04:42 AM   #63
Frent
Elder Statesman

Send a message via MSN to Frent Send a message via Skype™ to Frent

Honest question: how much of your paladin being silly is intentional, and how much is accidental?
"A pig's gotta fly." - Porco Rosso
Frent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:27 AM   #64
Mallorie
Songstress

Nuva.

What are you afraid of?
Mallorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:47 AM   #65
Nuva
yes i vape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frent View Post
Honest question: how much of your paladin being silly is intentional, and how much is accidental?
Honestly? Mostly accidental. I just assume that paladins are very vengeful in the name of evil and in general are a stubborn and angry lot when it comes to hanging around monsters, but because of their brashness and determination they don't back down in the face of death.That and Dogma tends to take what I say and use it as in character when I didn't really say I was doing that.

Sometimes the rolls come into the equation. Like every time we try to sneak, we have a full armored paladin trying to move around all sneaky like without his armor clanking. So every time, of course, I've failed that check.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallorie View Post
Nuva.

What are you afraid of?

The first is glass platforms. I hate them. I am not really bothered by heights but if I can look down and see the death defying distance then I go insane and immediately ask to come down as soon as possible. Not really sure how I got that fear and why it gets to me so fast really. I always figure that the glass might break due to some unseen force and man, what a way to go. Killed by a incompetently made glass platform.

Second is ocean biology. I'm in love with the place but learning about it has also led to a fear of the many things that can kill you, that's honestly not including the fish but rather the environment itself. Though there are things that hide in the deep dark blue that will probably give you a heart attack or even worse. In the end, I still would take any opportunity to take a dive in there and just explore it.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:52 AM   #66
Mallorie
Songstress

I understand what you mean by both of those fears. I took an oceanography class and some of the things I learned stayed with me for a long time after. The ocean is creepy.

Also the concept of diving down that deep, in those little sub. That sounds scary.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:05 AM   #67
Nuva
yes i vape

Yeah, but that honestly it can't put down my fascination with it. It sorta applies with space as well. I mean, I'm not really afraid of it as I do the ocean, which I guess is weird, but there's still that sort of respect for it that makes me at least want to be cautious if I ever went up.

I suppose the scariest thing about the ocean in general? It's pressure. Most of the time fish will leave you alone since at such deep pressures they feast on smaller things.

Though the entire biology of Australia and the Amazon Rainforest doesn't exactly really leave enough room for one to brave through...I don't want to ever go into those particular regions. Only thing I'd go to Australia for is to see a Great White Shark.

Sharks are awesome.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:00 PM   #68
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

Nuvacakes or Nuvaflakes?
Old 06-12-2012, 01:02 PM   #69
Nuva
yes i vape

Nuvacakes sounds delicious! Nuvaflakes sounds like something you'd not want to find in your hair. D:
Old 06-12-2012, 01:05 PM   #70
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

Eat too many Nuvacakes and you'll end up with Nuvacavities. Then you'll have to go to the Nuvadentist and get shot up with Nuvacaine.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:05 PM   #71
Mallorie
Songstress

Oh my goodness. Hahahahahaha
Old 06-12-2012, 01:11 PM   #72
Nuva
yes i vape

Clever girl.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:17 PM   #73
The Deej
Ace Surgeon

If Dr. Doom and Megatron fought, who would win?

"You're like Frood duct taped to Slice at a Song of Ice and Fire LARP." -Nami-
The Deej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:32 PM   #74
Nuva
yes i vape

Doom does not need to fight the likes of Megatron.

Last edited by Nuva; 06-12-2012 at 01:59 PM.
Nuva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:32 PM   #75
Mallorie
Songstress

How'd you pick your username?
Old 06-12-2012, 01:47 PM   #76
Nuva
yes i vape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuva View Post
I'm a great fan of space. When I was learning English, a lot of the stuff I read involved galaxies, stars, planets, and the like. One of the things I was interested in was the idea of a star dying, nova. It was fascinating. At the time, I was one of those guys who really couldn't hold a conversation unless it was involving something that I was interested in. I'd soon learn that, as with many words at the time, I was mispronouncing the word as "Nuva" instead of "Nova". My friends all joked about it and started referring to me by all the words I would mispronounce, and for some reason I took a liking to Nuva.
I didn't really know how to reword this so I hope you don't mind a quote.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:49 PM   #77
Mallorie
Songstress

That's a really cool story.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:44 PM   #78
rebornMCW
Ring Your Bell

How do you like the new Dark Souls expansion?
Old 09-30-2012, 09:26 PM   #79
Mayu_Zane
ART-STRONAUT

Would you rather have a cheetah, a tiger or a lion for a pet?
Old 11-13-2012, 07:57 PM   #80
Nuva
yes i vape

I was going to bump but then lo and behold, I had unanswered questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebornMCW View Post
How do you like the new Dark Souls expansion?
Considering at one point I was non-stop with my love of Dark Souls, I was anticipating this batch of additional content with so much appreciation. We were going to be given even more lore and finally see a guy that pretty much is directly involved in the events that are never told to you directly in the game.

I've beaten it around a week ago? And well, spoilers ahead, I reckon? While I chose an already established character, meaning I wouldn't, or shouldn't, have had difficulty in the expansion. I was surprised by the amp in difficulty. Monsters hit hard. And dodging them took precise timing. It forced me to switch tactics around for a character that was not suited for it and once again, a game had given me that sense of the unknown that I often love with adventure games that often dies out the moment I put an hour in.

Suffice to say, I was worried. The areas of the game, while unique in their own right, are obviously using old textures and the like. Enemies were modded around and given new animation but in the end, these enemies were alternates and harder versions of certain enemies you fought in the game. With, of course, some exceptions.

But the bosses.

Oh the bosses.

If Dark Souls has something going for it, its that some of their bosses are definitely memorable, and sometimes brutal as hell to the unexpected player. So dying again and again but getting closer and closer to beating them until I see the bloody hilarious "YOU DEFEATED" once again brought the intense feelings of satisfaction. The new bosses were all brutal. This being for a character that downed O&S and the Four Kings with ease. Maybe it was because I was rusty, but nevertheless, the fights were damn amazing. And the closure for the final boss of this DLC was pretty much that subtle punch to the gut that Dark Souls does. They give you very little but it answers a lot.

Also seeing trench coat guy from the art book finally in the game was a delight. I was surprised at how once again I was met with great voice acting, too.

So I loved it, for how little of it was for the price of a PSN game. I wish we got more with the meal, though. If that makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayu_Zane View Post
Would you rather have a cheetah, a tiger or a lion for a pet?
Oh, that's easy. A tiger. As much as I love cats, lions have that whole stigma of dragging off their favorite humans into the bush and eating their heads and just scream "Land Sharks" to me. Cheetahs would require a big space since they love to run.

The tiger is just like an adorable hybrid of the two.

Though what I'd give to hold the cub of each one...Ah man.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:01 PM   #81
Haven
the Ever Smiling

Didja miss me!?

Serious(ish) questions: Do you prefer being warm in the winter or cool in the summer?

Bonus question: Would you rather fight a hundred duck sized horses, or one horse-sized duck?

(please read it!)

Last edited by Haven; 11-13-2012 at 08:13 PM.
Haven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:21 PM   #82
Nuva
yes i vape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helrath View Post
Didja miss me!?
Hell n-Yes.

Yes I did.

And don't you dare leave us again.

Quote:
Serious(ish) questions: Do you prefer being warm in the winter or cool in the summer?
The summer has bugs and the winter has horrifying "Oh God knives are hitting me in the face" winds.

I'll take fall.

Quote:
Bonus question: Would you rather fight a hundred duck sized horses, or one horse-sized duck?
Ducks follow the rules of the ninjas. One is enough to take down an army. But once another one shows up, they become laughably incompetent punching bags that look like ducks.

Of which can be cooked later with orange sauce. Ducks are friggin' delicious.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:24 PM   #83
Nuva
yes i vape

I bump. Ask questions.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:37 PM   #84
Haven
the Ever Smiling

What's your main source of income?

(please read it!)
Haven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:40 PM   #85
Hoogie
STYLE

What are you reading?

Hoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:42 PM   #86
Nuva
yes i vape

I run a business branch my father founded. I tend to keep stuff like that private but let's say I flourish during certain times of the year.

Edit: The forums are really slow.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:48 PM   #87
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

What is your favorite RPG, from before... I dunno, 2001?

What do you want most out of Dark Souls 2?

What (besides DS2, because that's probably the answer otherwise) upcoming RPG are you most excited for?

If someone offered you awesome wizard powers, being able to throw fireballs, conjure unlimited food and summon demon dragons and other cool stuff... but doing so meant you could only live for another ten years, would you go for it?

What color combination do you like most? (like, blue + orange, not necessarily constrasting combos though)

What thing on the internet has made you laugh the hardest?
Penakoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:31 PM   #88
Nuva
yes i vape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoogie View Post
What are you reading?
Well, currently, I picked up Dredd Volume 2. Its taking a lot longer for me to get through it than I thought (time passes by pretty fast when you're reading the law.) Hell, I'm not even done reading The Cursed Earth yet. I got the part with the last American president, though.

I'm anticipating the next Ghostbusters from IDW. I've been enjoying it. I just finished reading before the New Ghostbusters starts. I hope they do an omnibus. I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

I'm planning on continuing Hellboy and starting on The Goon at some point. (For sure, these are my next two series.)

I'm trying to enjoy Gotham Central for as long as I can. Its so good. I'm kinda worried next time I read it, I'm going to just zip through it.

I think I caught up on Chew? I've been enjoying Chew.

I stopped reading Invisible or whatever. It was just...meh.

Going to get into Thor at some point again? And finish Kid Loki's run (YES YES I KNOW HOW HAVE I NOT FINISHED IT YET)

And started on Locke and Key series a while back.

There's a bunch of others. Can't remember what. But these are the main ones. Reading Marvel Events every now and again.

Need to start on Spider-Man at some bloody point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penakoto View Post
What is your favorite RPG, from before... I dunno, 2001?
Um. Before 2001? Deus Ex. Unless you mean classic RPGs. I can barely remember them. I plan on replaying some of them during the summer, specifically Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 and Planescape again.

Quote:
What do you want most out of Dark Souls 2?
Simply what they managed to accomplish with the previous two entries. Create a world I want to explore. And gimme a challenge. If the lore is delicious as it was in Dark Souls, that's just icing on the cake. But aside from that, I want a much better way of handling online latency. Dark Souls is easily my favorite game, but its online did have a ton of flaws.

Quote:
What (besides DS2, because that's probably the answer otherwise) upcoming RPG are you most excited for?
I'm a big cyberpunk nerd. Cyberpunk 2077.

Quote:
If someone offered you awesome wizard powers, being able to throw fireballs, conjure unlimited food and summon demon dragons and other cool stuff... but doing so meant you could only live for another ten years, would you go for it?
I'd rather be a Lich to be honest. Fuck wizards. Being a lich is where its at. Eternal life on top of being a ridiculously powerful magical being? What the fuck does a wizard got? A BEARD? MY FACE IS A SKULL.

Quote:
What color combination do you like most? (like, blue + orange, not necessarily constrasting combos though)
Um, crimson and black has always caught my eye? Seems generic, I guess. But its effective.

Quote:
What thing on the internet has made you laugh the hardest?
This is hard. I laugh at pretty much everything. Ask the folks I RP with. Its very easy to make me go through a laughing fit.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:40 PM   #89
Hoogie
STYLE

Tell me when you read Goon and Hellboy. I need to read both anyway (I read a little Hellboy but I'm going to read that again) and we can be reading buddies.

The Invisibles is meh? I know this is like the worst thing to say but you have to read it twice to get the full experience. But if it's not clicking at all then there's no point.

Hoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:43 PM   #90
Nuva
yes i vape

Wait, no, not The Invisibles. I've yet to read it. Sorry bout the confusion.

Image's "Invincible". Sorry, I kinda typed that out in a rush.

It was just...so boring. I thought people were kidding when they said it was Dragon Ball Z in comic book format. I don't know what I was expecting but it even shares the series' signature pacing for plot.

Also it might be a while. I'm actually starting to buy my comic books when I like them. Feels good to hold a physical copy. (I plan on doing this with Hellboy at least. I love Mangolia's art)