F@NB0Y$

Go Back   F@NB0Y$ > General > Journals

Old 02-02-2015, 07:20 PM   #121
Mayu_Zane
ART-STRONAUT

Thanks Frent!

I just recently switched my iTunes store region from Brunei to USA. Holy crap you guys have so much variety! So many games and movies! The only problem is that now I have to pay a little extra for American iTunes gift cards but other than that, I'm definitely sticking with this!
Old 02-08-2015, 12:08 AM   #122
Mayu_Zane
ART-STRONAUT

Phew! Finally finished my 8-page sci-fi comic for arc-comics!

That was probably the first time I worked with an editor, which was why it took so long to finish as I was trying to get used to the workflow of submitting drafts, getting feedback and fixing it up before adding all the final touches like color. I re-wrote the script about five times, I think. Could have gone much faster if I had assistants to help me with coloring some of the panels, but whatevs, it was a fun experience and I really want to make another comic again for a future issue (mine will be in issue 2, which would hopefully be out in March)

It's just a small-time and young comics anthology, but this marks a real effort from Bruneian artists to create published comics again. Also, I got some job offers from Singapore, not sure if I'm willing to move out again for so little pay though... Singapore is expensive as heck, especially for someone like me who is used to a place where the food costs three times less!

Also been studying Russian. Still haven't got used to the cyrillic alphabet yet; brain keeps forgetting that C is not 'c' anymore
Old 04-24-2015, 06:46 PM   #123
Mayu_Zane
ART-STRONAUT

Beep Boop, I got hired by Megabond Productions last week as a concept artist and background illustrator! Now I spend my mornings and afternoons making backgrounds for animated shows. Wheeee!

I also do storyboarding and help out with the scriptwriting. It's fun talking to another artist back-and-forth about ideas.
Old 04-25-2015, 04:06 AM   #124
Frent
Elder Statesman

Send a message via MSN to Frent Send a message via Skype™ to Frent

So, so awesome.
"A pig's gotta fly." - Porco Rosso
Frent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 02:20 PM   #125
Inferno
Tea and murder

Send a message via AIM to Inferno

Ahmad and the Rubbish Monster looks kind of adorable.
Old 04-26-2015, 04:42 PM   #126
Mayu_Zane
ART-STRONAUT

Bad news: Some asshole broke into the office on Saturday night and stole my co-worker's mobile phone. My colleague was sleeping in the office at the time, at least he didn't get hurt.

But damn, whoever it was, clearly knew what they were doing. They cut the metal grates and opened the door quietly enough that no one else noticed.

Somewhat surprised nothing else got stolen, but considering how heavy some of the PCs and cameras here are, I guess the cellphone was the lightest, most concealable, most valuable thing to steal.
Old 04-27-2015, 01:03 PM   #127
Mayu_Zane
ART-STRONAUT

My uncle just passed away. It's 5 am. I woke up to my mother crying on the phone. This is going to be a long day.
Old 05-16-2015, 04:32 PM   #128
Mayu_Zane
ART-STRONAUT

I can drive but I hate driving. I am terrified that every pothole is something that was alive before I ran over it.

I’ve run over two cats and one dog in my lifetime and I buried all of them.

I don’t want another creature to die because I couldn’t brake/swerve in time or because I was briefly looking at something else, which is why now I never take my eyes off the damn road, EVER. I still consider myself fortunate that I haven’t hit a human being.

You know what it’s like, carrying a crushed animal in your hands with its eyes staring back? Some people tell me I should turn it to the other side so I don’t have to look at its eyes. It’s really weird but I can’t do it. Like somehow, I feel like I HAVE to look at its face.

It’s stupid and irrational but I feel like this creature ‘deserved’ to see who killed it. Even if it’s already dead, some part of me feels it I shouldn’t be afraid to let it see my face and own up.

I hate driving, but I have no choice but to do so because there is no public transportation I can use to get to my workplace in time. Cycling is near-lethal and too slow.

AI-driven cars still aren’t good enough at dodging small animals like squirrels, but if they ever reach that point I will buy one in a heartbeat.
Old 05-17-2015, 02:59 PM   #129
Mayu_Zane
ART-STRONAUT

when you wake up at 4 am and only start getting sleepy at 7 am and you have to go to work at 8 am
Old 01-08-2016, 11:07 PM   #130
Mayu_Zane
ART-STRONAUT

I know I haven't posted anything on this forum lately. I've been doing a lot of things and to be frank completely forgot about this.

I'm back, though. I've just been hella busy trying to sort my life out, and if not that, I was distracted by games and personal art projects.