Go Back   F@NB0Y$ > General > Journals

Old 02-11-2012, 11:46 AM   #31
Tombstone
Famous Royalsguardsman

Fuck that. Get dual monocles.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:42 PM   #32
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

Yeah, ever since I came out with it we've been talking non-stop online, it's wonderful.

And I've decide, I look great in glasses, yeah I might lose em, but oh well, I'm sure it happens to everyone who wears em. So, if I have to, I'm ok with it.

Last edited by Penakoto; 04-26-2013 at 08:07 PM.
Penakoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 04:08 PM   #33
Scoffee
Assssss Cobra

Send a message via MSN to Scoffee

Id like to see what you look like in glasses I dont think youve ever posted your picture on here before. Good luck with the eye appointment!
Old 02-11-2012, 04:12 PM   #34
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

I don't think we even have a camera not in storage. I should get one out and upload one some time. After I regrow my beard.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:01 PM   #35
Scoffee
Assssss Cobra

Send a message via MSN to Scoffee

:D Sweet!
Old 02-12-2012, 04:15 PM   #36
JoshuaVv
Hope

Send a message via AIM to JoshuaVv Send a message via MSN to JoshuaVv Send a message via Skype™ to JoshuaVv

Beards are ALWAYS wonderful additions.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:41 PM   #37
Auntie Grieves
Tip of the Dragon Penis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazen View Post
Beards are ALWAYS wonderful additions.
No. You have been lied to.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:31 PM   #38
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

I'm bored, feel like talking, but nothing new has happened since my last post.

I'll discuss my love and sex life, in detail. Seems to be a popular subject lately.

As I mentioned before. There are three people I was once or currently am interested in.

There was Alanna, who I liked more than any of the girls I hung around, but me moving away pretty much ruined the chances of any sort of relationship.

Patricia, we met in highschool, had a lot of good times, but as I mentioned, she got herself pregnant with another guy. It really effected me, thought I'd give up relationships forever, but that was just me feeling betrayed, I got over it.

New love interest, met online over a year ago, we share a lot of interests, hoping this goes somewhere. Worth mentioning is it's a guy, yup, I'm a double agent so to speak.

Outside of relationships, I am a pretty sexual person. I'd be willing to experiment, not much offends me, and I have more turn ons than the sun has mass.

Cont.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:15 AM   #39
InducedPig
Piggy piggy piggy

Androgyny.

Ya know, there's actually a large section of the modeling world filled with models who were hired specifically because they look androgynous .
InducedPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:08 AM   #40
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

Eye exam is today.

Moment of truth.

Also, dentist appointment today too, didn't even know about that until a moment ago!
Old 02-27-2012, 01:38 PM   #41
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

Yep, I gotta wear reading glasses. I could not believe how much clearer things got when I looked through the right lens.

Spent about 20 minutes looking at frames, found one pair I really liked and got two of them. They come in about a week.
Old 03-17-2012, 02:30 PM   #42
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

On the 21st, 22nd and 23rd, I will be home alone while my parents are on vacation at Niagra Falls.

I'm getting all of my favorite foods and stuff and having my own vacation those days. Should be fun.

Last edited by Penakoto; 03-17-2012 at 02:52 PM.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:57 PM   #43
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

This has been one of the worst days I've had since highschool.

Work has been absolute hell, and as much as I'd like to quit, tomorrow even, I can't until I find another job to replace it, which I've been trying to do for months, almost a year now.

I'm hoping at the very least that Sears will be interested in hiring me again for the fall, they seemed to like me there and out of all of my jobs it's been the one I've enjoyed the most. If only they had more than just seasonal positions available, I'd be all over a full time job at that warehouse. I'm calling every few weeks asking about it.

Only thing I can really do until a new job comes along is try my best to not let things get to me. After this though, unless I'm desperate, I'm staying far away from retail jobs that involve a lot of customer service, like cashiering.
Old 06-02-2012, 05:32 AM   #44
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

Explain why work has been hell.
Old 06-02-2012, 08:32 AM   #45
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

To you? No.
Old 06-02-2012, 08:37 AM   #46
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

Okay, that's cool.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:05 PM   #47
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

Ok, I'm sorry, I'm over myself now.

It's mostly just the fact it's not a job I'm well suited for, serving customers by the dozens. I prefer working with other, fellow co-workers like I was in the Sears warehouse, which is why I'm trying to get a job there.

Also, my boss is kind... a lot of things. He reminds me of my father in a lot of not-good ways.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:12 PM   #48
Auntie Grieves
Tip of the Dragon Penis

I actually kind of liked customer service. Forced me to be active with people, and that was refreshing for me. I can see why people wouldn't like it, though.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:17 PM   #49
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

I like seeing the same people day after day, and as a cashier I spend 100% of my time with customers. I don't even know most of the names of the other people there, after almost a year.

Also, Birthday, parents gave me $100 with strict instructions to spend it of things I enjoy, and we went to dinner at a new buffet that just opened up, which was the best buffet dinner I've ever had.

So, overall, great Birthday, especially coming from last years.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:20 PM   #50
That Pooka
Orange you glad

Ah, Happy Birthday.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:45 PM   #51
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

Today I had quite the awful customer, but at the same time, a lot of good supportive customers who helped me out.

It's a long story, but to put it as simply as i can, there was one guy who came up to me, was being incredibly rude and disrespectful, in fact he was outright being a bully, which really pissed me off and I wanted nothing more than to just close down and leave.

But, as the guy got worse and worse, insulting me under his breath, practically tossing his money at me, a bunch of other customers in line who were watching, all pretty much at once started yelling at him, telling him to leave me along and stop being such an asshole. One guy even said, exact quote "If I wasn't on probation, I'd pop that son of a bitch right in the nose." He left without a word as everyone in line basically told him to grab his stuff and get the fuck out.

I dunno how to feel after that. While I greatly appreciate what everyone did for me there, but I still can't get over the guy harassing me in the first place.

This isn't the first time this has happened either, I make a simple mistake, or something happens that's out of my control (like the cash register shutting down, or a price check being required for something), and someone whose either had a bad day themselves or are just that unpleasant, take it out on me a hundred fold.

I'm going to be spending a lot of my time looking for a new job this summer, going around to places during the day, looking online... I sooner I can quit and move on, the better.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:44 PM   #52
That Pooka
Orange you glad

Here's the thing:

Job's not the problem. It's the customers. Or, rather, it's the people. You're going to deal with awful people no matter what. You may as well deal with those people/customers and become stronger for it.

I've dealt with problem customers. It doesn't matter having your name on the sign, people want someone to tear into and it feels safe for them to tear into you from across the counter. We had a couple customers like that just yesterday. That false sense of entitlement is hard to deal with.

See if there is any kind of employee manual you could take a look at. Something about protocols. It sounds like homework, but you might find something to shield yourself with the next time you're being targeted by an irate patron.

At the very least, dealing with people is a good skill to have. The majority of that skill is knowing what to do when someone else doesn't know what they are doing and tries to take it out on you.

Just two cents.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:34 PM   #53
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

I had a pretty long and, in the end, very important conversation with my father tonight. For once, it was pleasurable, I think we bonded for the first time since I was in grade school.

The talk started out sour, a lecture I've heard many times before, but out of the blue I told him a lot of things I had been keeping to myself, mostly to shut him up, but partly to just... let it all out.

It's hard to put it all into words right now, what I said to him, my orientation, my troubles in school and how they effected me, and other things.

It was like a spark to a gas leak, he reacted positively and we went on to just plain chat for... at least 2 hours. About history and religion and a few other subjects.

I'm almost numb after all of it, it was great, I felt like our relationship overall got significantly better because of it.

To sum up, basically, me and my father, best chat we've had in YEARS, and I got to let out some things I've been bottling up for so long.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:01 PM   #54
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

I'm seriously considering going into the military at this point, I am having absolutely no luck looking for anything else and I just don't know what else to do...

I'm looking into a few different careers right now, and am planning to talked to a few family friends who are all in different positions in the military, they should be able to help me get a good idea of what I should be doing and looking into.

I hope I'm making the right decision, I really do.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:10 PM   #55
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

Whose military?
Old 07-08-2012, 08:14 PM   #56
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

Canadian, navy or air force, I'm still looking at the different careers in each available and haven't decided.

Last edited by Penakoto; 07-08-2012 at 08:21 PM.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:48 PM   #57
Kaze
QUICKSCOPENOSCOPE360WREKT

Canada has a military?

OLOLOLOLOLOL
Old 07-10-2012, 02:21 PM   #58
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

Paperwork is all filled out and ready, so all I have to worry about is seeing a recruitment officer, and exercising so I can pass the physical exam.

Oh boy, push ups, crutches and jogging, for the next 6-8 months, can't wait.

I don't think I could even do a proper push up when I took phys-ed in highschool, I was a bare bones as a skeleton back then and I'm only marginally more fit now.

Last edited by Penakoto; 07-10-2012 at 02:23 PM.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:13 PM   #59
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

A little update on what's been going on recently.

Been taking more driving lessons lately, I am really not getting used to it. After 3 lessons (1 parental, 2 professional), I'm still terrified I'm going to hit things constantly and can't even get used to simple things like accelerating/braking smoothly.

As far as the military signup goes, we'll be going two weeks from now when my parents have time off. Still doubting this is the right decision for myself, but at this point, it might be too late.

On the lighter side, I've decided to save all of the money I'm currently earning to go on a nice trip, by myself, before I'm committed to basic training and such. I should have about $1500 saved up by December.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:20 PM   #60
Kaze
QUICKSCOPENOSCOPE360WREKT

Is that 1500 in Canadian Maple Syrup dollars?

Does the new Canadian currency really smell like maple syurp?

Have you tried eating it?