F@NB0Y$
Old 12-13-2014, 08:27 AM   #61
That Frood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nami View Post
Started listening to Serial at the beginning of my shift last night. I am now home and almost nine episodes in. Hard to stop listening. Kind of glad I waited to listen, since I have so much to binge through, but goddamn.
Yeah!
That Frood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 07:50 AM   #62
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

"Let's turn this bugbear into a hugbear."

Old 04-11-2015, 09:09 PM   #63
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

Quote:
I've had it followed for weeks now, but I finally gave My Brother, My Brother, and Me a listen and it's pretty good. Me likes.
Over the last several months, this has become one of probably only two podcasts I refuse to miss every week. Other podcasts I've listed in this thread have come and gone, but not this one. It's also the only podcast I've ever worked through almost the entire 200+ episode back catalog of. Gonna be a sad day when I run out of old stuff to listen to.
Old 04-11-2015, 09:59 PM   #64
Scoffee
Assssss Cobra

Send a message via MSN to Scoffee

Spose after my fifth listen through of the Flophouse back catalog its time to check out some of these other highly recommended Maximum Fun podcasts. I could definitely do with new ones since Im relistening to this one so much.
Old 04-14-2015, 09:31 AM   #65
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

I haven't updated my list of currently followed podcasts in a while. That list has really shrunk. At current, there are only two that update weekly that I don't really ever miss an episode of.

My Brother, My Brother and Me - Of course. I've mentioned it before, as have others, but it's a comedy/advice podcast almost in the vein of a Dear Abby sort of thing. They take questions from listeners and answer them. They also take wretched filth from Yahoo! Answers and rip on it. It's become my favorite podcast, hands down.

Giant Bombcast - This is the only gaming related podcast I can do anymore. Probably because they spend more time just shooting the shit about absolutely anything and everything else. Also because of Dan Ryckert. It's not technically a comedy podcast, but it makes me laugh pretty regularly. I enjoy it a lot.

Those are the only two I hit up without delay whenever they update anymore. After that, I tend to go for The Adventure Zone (D&D podcast starring the MBMBaM guys), Eye On Basketball (CBS's basketball podcast), Jalen & Jacoby (Grantland's best and brightest talk basketball and sometimes hip-hop) and Judge John Hodgman (couldn't be more self explanatory). Anything else I currently listen to tends to be far more sporadic anymore.
Old 04-18-2015, 05:28 AM   #66
Raven Serpent
100% Bad 80s Hair

The Orguss Podcast is a thing me and a few guys from Europe do every Tuesday where they talk about anime and I just sort of mumble incoherently. I'm working on being more prepared for our tenth episode, but I will admit I'm the weak link here.

Episode 1

Episode 2

Episode 3

Episode 4

Episode 5

Episode 6

Episode 7

Episode 8

Episode 9
Old 04-18-2015, 06:14 AM   #67
Hoogie
STYLE

Quote:
My Brother, My Brother and Me - Of course. I've mentioned it before, as have others, but it's a comedy/advice podcast almost in the vein of a Dear Abby sort of thing. They take questions from listeners and answer them. They also take wretched filth from Yahoo! Answers and rip on it. It's become my favorite podcast, hands down.
mbmbam is really the only podcast I truly love and listen to every week so don't think I didn't notice you climbing up that ladder

Also The Adventure Zone. I guess I listen to that every week but I'm more apt to fall behind on that one.

Hoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 06:29 AM   #68
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoogie View Post
mbmbam is really the only podcast I truly love and listen to every week so don't think I didn't notice you climbing up that ladder
Old 04-18-2015, 02:57 PM   #69
Oliver

If you enjoy Stamper, Oney et al. you might like Sleepycabin. I started listening to it a month or two ago. Sometimes they also make "Lost episodes" which are usually amazing
Old 06-02-2015, 05:43 PM   #70
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

Old 06-28-2015, 08:19 AM   #71
Hoogie
STYLE

Sailor Business is the only podcast I ever wanted to make. Unfortunately Chris Sims and Jordan D. White actually made it. Every episode they focus on an episode of the old Sailor Moon anime. They also bring in a guest each episode to talk about Sailor Moon and the specific episode with them and a lot of them are comics people or just generally really interesting people. It's pretty interesting because they will often compare the new sub/dub, the old dub, the manga, and even the old tokyopop novelizations. The novelizations are my favorite part because they were written by a 17 year old girl who had got into it through fanfiction. And the best part is they actually have her as a guest on a few episodes. It's pretty fun to listen to these guys heavily detail each episode.

Last edited by Hoogie; 06-28-2015 at 08:22 AM.
Hoogie is offline   Reply With Quote