F@NB0Y$

Go Back   F@NB0Y$ > Artistic Endeavors > In the Media

Old 12-02-2015, 10:17 AM   #361
Inferno
Tea and murder

Send a message via AIM to Inferno

Calvin by Martine Leavitt.

A kid named Calvin was born on the same day the last Calvin & Hobbes strip was published, had a stuffed tiger named Hobbes (who was "washed to death"), and a neighbor/friend named Susie. As a senior in high school, he starts hallucinating Hobbes and gets diagnosed with schizophrenia, then decides to set out on a journey across frozen Lake Erie to try to convince Bill Watterson to draw one last strip, thinking it will cure his delusions.

The premise was interesting, and I really wanted to like it, you guys, but for every great moment there was an extremely un-subtle soapbox. I found myself screaming in my head, "Okay! You're X/Y/Z! We GET it!!!" By all means, send a message, but not by hitting your audience upside the head with a pillowcase full of bricks.
Old 01-27-2016, 12:10 AM   #362
remyrenault

Books used to be my only hobby when I was a kid. I guess I never understand why the desire wavers as I grow up.
For my childhood, I'm immersed in words by Hector Malot. Have you read Sans Famille?
remyrenault is offline   Reply With Quote