F@NB0Y$

Go Back   F@NB0Y$ > General > Journals

Old 06-21-2015, 01:11 PM   #691
The Deej
Ace Surgeon

Going along the same logic as the names like Optimus Prime and Omega Supreme, I got Vilitius Tyran, fluffed up from the latin vilitas tyrannus, which when roughly translated from latin, means "the absolute ruler of lower prices" or "Markdown King" as everyone calls me at work.

"You're like Frood duct taped to Slice at a Song of Ice and Fire LARP." -Nami-
The Deej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 01:28 PM   #692
The Deej
Ace Surgeon

Finally got that $1,000 saved up for the new computer. Already sent it off to my friend who actually knows how to computer and he ordered all the parts and everything.

So in a week or so I'm looking at a new computer that can actually run the newer games.

Old 07-20-2015, 02:43 PM   #693
The Deej
Ace Surgeon

I am posting this from a new high performance computer!

it is hooked up through my TV... because buying this computer made me realize literally everything I own is outdated. I need to get a new monitor and a smartphone.

Old 07-20-2015, 05:48 PM   #694
Nuva
yes i vape

\o/ let's play crap together
Old 04-11-2016, 05:32 PM   #695
The Deej
Ace Surgeon

So this gets a post in the journal thread instead of the Love and Heartbreak thread because I don't know. I'm bitter about my health I guess.

The story as it was posted in the L&H thread.
-I like a girl at work
-I feel like we get along well when we're both at work.
-Seem to have similar interests.
-I try to arrange to do things outside of work, she's always busy.
-Start figuring she's not interested in me that way (due to her not initiating nearly any conversations) and start backing off on the trying to date front.

The story as of before last Sunday:
-She starts initiating conversations.
-She invites me to join in on her LARP group.
-Basically no one else I know is involved except her.

The story of last Sunday.
Was the day of the character creation workshop. I show up a little early (was walking there and never had to wait at a stop light), and just sit in the corner trying not to be in the way as everyone sets up. She's there, but again, I know literally no one else there. So about 20 minutes in I'm about to have a seizure so I tell her I have to leave.

I figure it's best to just leave while I can still walk home instead of everyone's first impression of me is "hey that's the guy who had a seizure."

I just fucking hate that this is a giant hurdle I need to overcome to really make any headway into joining another friend circle. I told her ahead of time I'd probably be seizurely-uncomfortable without more people I know there, and despite my best efforts I couldn't get any of my other friends to come with (even the ones who were already interested in the group.)

It would have been bad had I not been within walking distance of home; yes I consider about an hour walk to be walking distance. Any time something like this comes up I get super fucking bitter and hate everything involving my health issues. There's already two other events around here that I'd LOVE to go to but can't because of the seizures.

Just. Fuck. I just wanna be pissed off for awhile. There's no getting around that.

=edit=

And do not fucking tell me to just fucking get over it. This was me TRYING to get over it. Not pointing this at anyone specific. Again, I'm just pissy and do not want to hear it, even as a joke.

Last edited by The Deej; 04-11-2016 at 05:35 PM.
Old 04-13-2016, 09:55 PM   #696
Addy
NOT!!! A CLOD!!

Have you considered anxiety medication or anything like that?

anxiety is no fun and having such a strong physical reaction to it is incredibly scary, good luck, seriously!! (also A+ for trying. it's slowgoing but keep trying, imo!)
Old 04-14-2016, 11:17 AM   #697
The Deej
Ace Surgeon

My neurologist suggested one medication as an option, but I said I wasn't interested. It's a twice daily medication for a problem that honestly doesn't happen all that often. Being in a large group of people I don't really know is probably the last of the major triggers, which admitting doesn't happen a lot. This was the first time in... two years, I think, where I had a social anxiety seizure.

The only other time it might be an issue is at work when it's black friday levels of crazy. And it's not just the "being busy" since I've worked days where it was as busy as a black friday. I think it's the "these are those crazy Black Friday shoppers" aspect that's going on. A similar seizure happened recently since a large gambling event is happening at the mall and flocks of people are showing up for it. Said people are similarly batshit crazy as black friday shoppers, but not nearly as bad.