F@NB0Y$

Go Back   F@NB0Y$ > Gaming > Consoles > Nintendo

Old 04-05-2016, 04:51 AM   #2161
Virgo
Let's get dangerous!

Send a message via AIM to Virgo Send a message via MSN to Virgo

I managed to snag a pre-order for the second release of the special edition aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh . It won't come out until the tenth of June but I will have everything on one cartridge and the spiffy artbook and a map and that horrendous huge German logo on the cover because they refuse to use the much nicer looking PEGI logo for European releases. But I can overlook it. Or download a a nicer version online and print that out. Glee I'm so happy
Old 04-05-2016, 09:58 AM   #2162
Inferno
Tea and murder

Send a message via AIM to Inferno

Support-grinding in Conquest by using Before Awakening. I want to get everyone to at least a C before I move on to chapter 15. Then I'm just going to concentrate on who I want to pair up.

Still tempted to wife Charlotte. I laughed so hard when I walked in on her in the bath and she chased me out with the crit face cut-in. Then I texted Dogma and he crushed my dreams by revealing she's not the only girl to do that. None of the guys do that when you walk in on them as a girl, so I didn't think it happened at all.

I'm also very tempted to stick Mozu with Niles. He wouldn't be able to break her spirit at all. She's just too pure.

Also.....Benny is pretty great.

...............You guys, it's happening again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deej View Post
So my go-to name for characters I'm playing as is Silas. Yes, that exact spelling.

This sure made things awkward when Silas showed up.
Amazing.

My friend plays as Xandra and I'm sure it got confusing once Xander appeared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallorie View Post
Jakob and Felicia (also paired them again)
pink

haired

Dwyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgo View Post
I managed to snag a pre-order for the second release of the special edition aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh . It won't come out until the tenth of June but I will have everything on one cartridge and the spiffy artbook and a map and that horrendous huge German logo on the cover because they refuse to use the much nicer looking PEGI logo for European releases. But I can overlook it. Or download a a nicer version online and print that out. Glee I'm so happy
I'd say it's worth the extra money. Do you get a 3DS pouch like we did, or is the map in place of that?
Old 04-05-2016, 10:45 AM   #2163
Virgo
Let's get dangerous!

We get the map and a fancy metal case for the cartridge. I'd rather they add the pouch to be honest. Or that doublesided coin with the royal logo. I'm so spoiled holy shit.

And is Niles really such a badboy? I may end up wooing him then. The way he delivered that confession line oh my .

Last edited by Virgo; 05-26-2016 at 12:42 PM.
Virgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 11:07 AM   #2164
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

What does the map look like? And is it a poster or a cloth map?
Penakoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 11:18 AM   #2165
Virgo
Let's get dangerous!

A doublesided poster if I'm not mistaken, can't look it up at the moment. I know one side has the worldmap, no idea what the other side has.
Old 04-05-2016, 11:39 AM   #2166
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

I would have rather gotten the map then myself, I love world map posters and could use more of them for my apartment, but I don't have much use for a pouch, I always just put my 3DS in my coat pocket.
Old 04-05-2016, 01:30 PM   #2167
Auntie Grieves
Tip of the Dragon Penis

Oh my god I love Ophelia so much.
Old 04-06-2016, 09:21 AM   #2168
Inferno
Tea and murder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgo View Post
And is Niles really such a badboy? I may end up wooing him then. The way he delivered that confession line oh my : swoon: .
It's more like he gets his jollies by choosing just the right things to say to upset people. And everything else he says is laced with innuendo.

I gave him a bath towel. His reaction was great.
Old 04-06-2016, 01:41 PM   #2169
Virgo
Let's get dangerous!

Double entendres, huh? Sign me up . I think I'll still start with the royal siblings first, and see how their C to A supports turn out. If I'm not feeling it I'll go woo Niles.
Old 04-07-2016, 11:27 AM   #2170
Inferno
Tea and murder

Spoiler for Conquest post-Shura:
I knew it. I KNEW there was something creepy about Yukimura. I figured it was just that he's a Mechanist, but...
Old 04-09-2016, 01:37 AM   #2171
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

I imagine a lot of people here would be interested in seeing a collection of these comics.
Old 04-09-2016, 05:17 AM   #2172
Mallorie
Songstress

The Ryoma one got me

Spoiler for also i cannot believe this is real:

tumblr: mallaproper/mal cosplays | 8tracks: mallaproper | arts & crafts: here

Last edited by Mallorie; 04-09-2016 at 05:22 AM.
Mallorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 05:32 AM   #2173
Virgo
Let's get dangerous!

Oh hey, I've been reading those on serenesforest.net too, they're hilarious! There is also a jokes and memes thread about Fates there, with equally funny stuff.
Old 04-09-2016, 05:42 PM   #2174
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

More here. But these are the good ones IMO.
Old 04-19-2016, 08:54 AM   #2175
Inferno
Tea and murder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Also.....Benny is pretty great.

...............You guys, it's happening again.
Disregard this, Ignatius beats Benny by a long shot. I'm just gonna go ahead and climb into the garbage can now, save myself the trouble later.

Conquest 19 didn't give me too much trouble - I mean, it was frustrating, but I eventually got it - but Conquest 23 is killing me dead. I can't even make it to the bridge most of the time. I'm trying to bring units with high RES to ward off all the scroll-wielders, but I think there must be holes in my defense. The snipers that come out of the forts on the first freaking turn don't help much, either.

I noticed something about the music in that chapter, too...Listen to 14:25 - 15:07. My first thought was this (0:50 - 1:01).

I'm also shipping Soleil and Forrest hardcore. At first it was kind of a joke pairing but now I legitimately like it.

Happy birthday, Kana!

Last edited by Inferno; 04-19-2016 at 08:57 AM. Reason: edited for honesty
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 05:14 PM   #2176
Mallorie
Songstress

Yooo Soleil and Forrest are my jam

Old 04-25-2016, 05:21 AM   #2177
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

I finally finished Conquest, definitely in my top three favorite Fire Emblem games on it's own. The plot kind of sucks, in general and compared to Birthright's simple but decent story, other than that though the levels and characters are top tier.

I'm gonna hold off on playing Revelations for awhile, I don't wanna get burned out on Fire Emblem half way, which after playing two whole games worth of them is a possibility.

I heard Revelations has a problem with some units joining your party at too low a level to be viable though. Like, Hana joining at level 4 or something when you're fighting enemies who are all 8+ already. I also heard that some people are working on a balance patch to fix that, so, might hold out for that as well if I'm waiting anyways. Would have to hack my 3DS though, so, might not be worth the effort.
Old 04-25-2016, 01:22 PM   #2178
Inferno
Tea and murder

For anyone playing Conquest - I've found that Anna on the Run is better for support-grinding than Before Awakening, just because you can bring more people, and there aren't any of those awful Lunge ninjas that loved to gang up on my weakest link. Though it might be better for late-game support grinding since the NPC Anna is pretty much maxed at that point and can usually fend for herself. Usually.

I enjoyed the gimmick in chapter 24. Made for an interesting challenge.

I also made Azura a Great Lord and she's currently my highest-rated unit, what. Girl's still lacking in DEF and RES though
Old 05-15-2016, 04:47 AM   #2179
SliceSabre
Frills and Lace

Send a message via MSN to SliceSabre Send a message via Skype™ to SliceSabre

yes

yes

yes

YES

YESYESYESYES
SliceSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 05:56 PM   #2180
Inferno
Tea and murder

Finished Conquest a while back. Lots of unanswered questions, plot threads left hanging loose. I didn't dislike it, though, and the final boss was a nice surprise.

Revelations has been fun so far, I've enjoyed all the different map gimmicks. The 16/17 double chapter took me a few days to beat, though, and more reliance on EXP sinks than I would have liked. Currently grinding for class changes.

Meanwhile, my beautifully laid couple plans for this campaign have been thrown asunder from all the new supports. I've only seen their C support but I already know Odin/Kagero HAS TO HAPPEN.
Old 06-09-2016, 11:21 AM   #2181
Inferno
Tea and murder

Cool Awakening-related junk I've discovered in Fates:

Spoiler for Odin, Laslow, and Selena-related things:

-If you pair up Subaki and Selena in Revelations, after you recruit Caeldori, she and Selena get a special scene unrelated to supports, since Selena basically gives birth to a clone of her mother. I'm not sure whether Ophelia and Soleil get similar scenes, or who you'd have to pair their fathers with to get that to happen. I paired up Laslow and Felicia last time, which resulted in a pink-haired Soleil, but I don't remember if there was a special scene there.

-If Odin, Laslow, or Selena asks for an accessory, try giving them the Emblem Shield. They all have special responses.

-Laslow and Selena can talk to Chrom in Before Awakening. Odin and Ophelia can talk to Lissa.

And now, the one that blew my mind the most....

Spoiler for Rhajat:
-Rhajat's death quote in classic mode is something like "I see...a distant sandstorm. Will you be there waiting?" My theory: Rhajat reincarnates in the other world as Tharja. You recruit Tharja in a desert area, and it would explain her obsessive crush on the Awakening avatar.

EDIT: More evidence regarding that theory.

Spoiler for Caeldori:
-Caeldori's death quote in classic mode is something like "But I wasn't done yet...I'll just have to be perfect...in the next life..."
Theory: Caeldori reincarnates as Cordelia. Now to look into Asugi...

Last edited by Inferno; 06-09-2016 at 05:51 PM.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 01:22 PM   #2182
Virgo
Let's get dangerous!

Finished Conquest like a week ago. I don't know how I'm supposed to play Birthright now. I can't bring myself to betray my darling Nohr familiy, I just can't. I love them too much ;_;. And the retainers (sans Peri, as a unit she's great, but her fucking personality, urgh. Forgive me Laslow for pairing you with her) were cool too. Everyone in Conquest was amazing. And the gameplay ohmygod. I'd marry it if I could.

I just wish Corrin wouldn't whine so much during it all. "Oh woe is me, I should have picked Hoshido, people hate me now, waaah :'(". Bitch, you took a side, now deal with it! Sheesh. Also some plotrelated deaths that came out of nowhere. I was like, oh, okay? I'd mourn you, but I only saw you for like two screens.

Spoiler for And then chapter 25 I think? happened:
Lobster-kun, the fuck man. Seppuku in my Nintendo games? Oh my . And your brother died too, he was apparantly dead from after he jumped off the bridge and got possesed. Does this mean that my darling husbando will end up commiting suicide as well? If I remember correctly European royals used to drink a poisoned drink for that. It was classy and not messy or something. Am I gonna have to fight you in a dining hall, Xander? Is Leo gonna get possesed too? He doesn't strike me as someone to get possesed. Oh yeah, and Azura kicked the bucket too. It was over after the skinny bluehaired lady sang. Which was total BS, she was like my strongest unit. Dem stength growths mang.

And I completely forgot to recruit the kids, even though I spent like half my playtime grinding the parents for skills. Whoops. I'll go get them later I guess.

I really don't wanna play BR now. My Nohr bias is too strong . Also I don't know who to waifu. Which Hosido dame is good?
Old 06-27-2016, 12:03 PM   #2183
Inferno
Tea and murder

Personally, I like Orochi and Oboro. If nothing else, you could always recruit Anna through DLC and marry her. I'm actually impressed you were able to effectively use Peri. Dogma and I had really bad luck with her and she's gone almost entirely unused in both my games so far.

Azura's STR growths are absurd. I read somewhere they're actually higher than Ike's in Radiant Dawn. IKE. What gives? If only she had better DEF and HP.

I'm at chapter 25 in Revelations and going to try to finish before the week is out. Focusing on the supports I didn't get in Birthright and Conquest, plus the Revelations-exclusive supports, which I've been enjoying (Benny and Oboro's support was especially hilarious). The maps have been fun for the most part. Some interesting gimmicks.

Does anyone have any suggestions for good Dread Fighters, Ballisticians, Dark Falcons, and Lodestars (or whatever the Marth class is)? So far I have Caeldori as a Dark Falcon, Azura as a Great Lord (or whatever the Lucina class is), and Rhajat as a Witch. In Conquest I had Silas as a Ballistician, and in Birthright I had Asugi as a Dread Fighter, but there are probably better characters for that. I'm considering Hinata for Dread Fighter.

Spoiler for Rev plot spoilers, predictions, etc up to chp 25 opening scene:

The castle gives this game a serious case of mood whiplash.
"Oh no I just offed Azura's mother, oh no I just offed my birth mother, oh no I'm actually Azura's cousin and a royal of this cursed kingdom no one can talk about, there's a spy, but I want to trust everyone? There's only one thing to do in this situation."
*goes to bath*
"A shared bath warms not only my bones, but my heart as well. :D"

Anatolia you have more important things to think about

As for the spy...I'm suspecting Gunther hardcore. Think about it - NO ONE can support him in Revelations, he barely reacted to the news that you're Vallite, and then there's the opening for chapter 25...he's the first one to find you after you're attacked, he all but accuses Azura, and he says THIS:

"The sight of [Scarlet] with that flower pinned to her chest as she fell...I don't want to see the same thing happen to you, my lady."

HOW COULD HE HAVE KNOWN ABOUT THE FLOWER

My jaw dropped at that moment. Ace Attorney prepared me for situations like this. I'm on to you, Gunther, you exp sink
Old 07-16-2016, 05:00 AM   #2184
Virgo
Let's get dangerous!

Finished BR a while back. It was so boring and easy oh my God. I just did not connect with the BR crew. And the sibling supports, urgh. The Nohr kids were so sweet, loving and supportive of eachother! I was d'aaawwww-ing during every sentence! The Hoshide kids sounded more like acquiantences during theirs, and not even the close kind at that. And instead of a whiny bitch Corrin is a murdering psycopath now. The fuck? Where was all that bloodshed when I needed it in CQ?

Spoiler for AND THEN CHAPTER 25 AGAIN I THINK HAPPENED ARGH:
XANDER AND ELISE NOOO. MY SWEET LITTLE INNOCENT CINNAMON BUN ELISE WHY. MY SWEET CHARMING FLOWERGIVING HUSBANDO WHY. WHEN YOU CRIED I LEGIT CRIED TOO. AND THEN I KILLED YOU AND I COULDN'T EVEN BRING MYSELF TO CONTINUE FOR A DAY. AND AZURA DIED AGAIN AND IT WAS SADDER THAN IN CQ BECAUSE YOU WERE REACHING OUT TO ME AND I COULDN'T DO SHIT AGAIN.

Fuck you Hoshido. Seriously. I'll never forgive you for the dumb stunts you pulled on my heartstrings. Stayed single too because you couldn't even give me a decent waifu. And for completions sake I'll have to play through that BS again as a girl. Uuuuuuurghhhh . Why can't you be challenging and cool and have fun characters like CQ .

Okay, rant over. Despite my obvious Nohr bias and boring chapters and characters BR was still good to play ;). It just doesn't compare to the glory of Nohr :P. I'll start RV in a few days I think.
Old 07-18-2016, 10:14 AM   #2185
Inferno
Tea and murder

I was right, final battle was great, blah blah. I finished the thing. Then I felt slightly empty. Then Pokemon Go came out.
Old 07-19-2016, 04:53 AM   #2186
Mallorie
Songstress

I've been done with Birthright and Conquest for a while, but I've been taking my time with Revelation because I wanted to find all my favorite pairings for everyone. Now I'm happy with all the first gen characters and I'm messing around with skills and doing DLC before I move on to the final chapters.

Old 07-20-2016, 05:30 AM   #2187
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

I stopped playing this game a long time ago. Had other things on my mind at the time. Keep meaning to get back into it.

I'll try and do that today.
Old 07-29-2016, 12:43 PM   #2188
SliceSabre
Frills and Lace

Send a message via MSN to SliceSabre Send a message via Skype™ to SliceSabre

Marrying Forrest made Revelation all the better when I saw this ending:

Spoiler for spoils:
SliceSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 09:15 AM   #2189
Inferno
Tea and murder

That's the best.

Spoiler for reply:
Your king decrees that the clothes of yon peasantry are outdated and passe. If they have no cotton, let them wear silk!

In my file,

Spoiler for Revelations:
Jakob had this sudden ascension from servant to king and the ending implies that he had no idea what to do with himself. The mental image makes me laugh. Meanwhile, Dwyer, Prince of Valla, turns around and becomes a butler in the future anyway, and I can just picture him being like, "Nope, forget this prince garbage, I'm out. Buttlin' time."

Was gonna go for Ignatius but I'd need to make another avatar for that, and I didn't have any good ideas. I still have the list of possible names from when I made Anatolia, but...
Old 09-18-2016, 10:49 AM   #2190
Virgo
Let's get dangerous!

Finally finished Revelations today. Final battle was glorious. And I need to rant about the Hoshido bias this game has like oh my God.

Spoiler for fuck you Hoshido >=(:
So everyone gets to have a tearful goodbye but my darling Nohr siblings can see their dad get gobbled up?! The fuck?! I wanted Garon to have a redemption arc and apologize to his kids too, dammit. Scarlet did not deserve to die like that. Gunter did not deserve to suffer like that. Corrin is still a dumb, naive idiot and you want that to rule a kingdom? The fuck, again?! At least Lilith and Azura get to live this time.

Did not recruit the kids this time either. Corrin is a little bit more tolerable in RV, but still a dumbass. Next avatar had better be like Robin again. Robin is cool. And for the love of Naga, no kids unless its done well like in FE4. And no more chracters like Peri, and shota/lolis. And stick to medieval Europe again, IS, the Hoshido boner was way too fucking obvious. And if you have to hire a famous writer again, get Shu Takumi. The original AA trilogy is some good shit, he wouldn't have made Fates such a typical shonen story.

In short: I'll play BR and RV one more time as a lady/dude respectively and then it's CQ for all other playthroughs. That CQ ganeplay and Nohr aesthetics