F@NB0Y$

Go Back   F@NB0Y$ > Gaming > Computers

Old 11-17-2014, 05:33 PM   #1
Nuva
yes i vape

Default This War of Mine

Mayu recently gifted me this and I figured it deserved its own thread for being a creative indie title.

THIS WAR OF MINE

ALSO ON GOG

Spoiler for images:

Quote:
In This War Of Mine you do not play as an elite soldier, rather a group of civilians trying to survive in a besieged city; struggling with lack of food, medicine and constant danger from snipers and hostile scavengers. The game provides an experience of war seen from an entirely new angle.

The pace of This War of Mine is imposed by the day and night cycle. During the day snipers outside stop you from leaving your refuge, so you need to focus on maintaining your hideout: crafting, trading and taking care of your survivors. At night, take one of your civilians on a mission to scavenge through a set of unique locations for items that will help you stay alive.

Make life-and-death decisions driven by your conscience. Try to protect everybody from your shelter or sacrifice some of them for longer-term survival. During war, there are no good or bad decisions; there is only survival. The sooner you realize that, the better.
This War of Mine:

Inspired by real-life events
Control your survivors and manage your shelter
Craft weapons, alcohol, beds or stoves anything that helps you survive
Make decisions - an often unforgiving and emotionally difficult experience
Randomized world and characters every time you start a new game
Charcoal-stylized aesthetics to complement the game's theme

Old 11-18-2014, 03:27 AM   #2
Mayu_Zane
ART-STRONAUT

Been spending a lot of time playing this game, furthest I've made is day 29. Here are some tips:

- Killing anyone who isn't a bandit or an evil soldier will make your group very sad or depressed. Stealing from a non-bandit is also a blow to morale.

- Do not even think of going through Sniper's Junction unless you have Pavle, the fastest runner, and even then you should put a bulletproof vest and helmet on him. If you manage to reach the sniper, killing him might actually cause other folks in the neighborhood to give you gifts.

- Hiding while scavenging can give you an instant stealth-kill opportunity if you have a knife and the target walks right by you. Switch to combat mode and click on the orange icon that shows up as your victim gets close enough.

- If you ever have the opportunity to kill a bandit in stealth mode, TAKE IT. Bandits always carry guns and bullets, which are valuable for defending your shelter from raiders. Do not trade them away unless you absolutely have to.

- Build and upgrade your toolbench ASAP! The tools and weapons you can build will allow you to access a lot more goods when scavenging.

- Arica's special ability is that she can run without making any noise. It is very fun to exploit.

- Roman can deliver +20% damage with any weapon, but keep him happy. If he's depressed he WILL beat other people in your group.
Old 12-02-2014, 07:56 PM   #3
Nuva
yes i vape

This game has potential for stories. I tried to stop myself from scavenging the quiet house since they were considered to be morally off limits but my scavenger ended up getting really badly shot and sick over the week and had to rest. We ran out of food and everyone was getting depressed especially with the constant bandit attacks. We had a strong but slow ally join the party who was an important necessity when my runner went and robbed an elderly couple of their food and medicine as they hid in the bathroom begging him not to kill him. He then saved the party but they couldn't believe they had to sunk so low and my runner took to drinking himself so he could get over the depression as my scavenger barely made it out of a three day rest in bed.
Old 12-03-2014, 02:16 AM   #4
Mayu_Zane
ART-STRONAUT

I am ready to repel raiders
Old 12-04-2014, 04:51 AM   #5
Jake
In a word or a look

Send a message via AIM to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake

I want this game.
Old 03-06-2016, 06:53 PM   #6
brucekenway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
I want this game.
Everyone should play this game. I really believe that. For survival games like this, I just can only adapt with this game and Dont Starve. The new survival game The Flames in the Flood is quite good. However I still love these two more
brucekenway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 06:23 PM   #7
snackhouse

One of the best game I've experienced