Haven
the Ever Smiling

o u kno gurl jus chillin

(please read it!)
Haven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:16 PM   #5
Nall
D:

I think I'm past the point of being mad about it and now I'm just disappointed but technology sucks.

Back at the end of October my mouse died and I wasn't able to replace it until December, and I was only able to replace it with a miniature sized Microsoft mouse. They're really cheap mice, but decent I guess for the low price. I still miss having a full sized mouse, but besides restricting my hardware placement there isn't much of a real reason to replace this mouse right now.

Then come mid January my internet took a hit. My internet has been bad for forever since I kind of live in the middle of nowhere. The only available package out here is advertised as 1.5mb but obviously I'm not going to get anywhere near that because of where I live. I still managed to get a few hundred kb/s down and I could live with that. I would just put things to download over night and wake up in the morning and have access to them, not so bad. Though, like I said my connection took a hit and suddenly I was only getting 80kb max. I thought it was a bandwidth issue at first so I just decided to wait a month and see if it fixes itself. It didn't though.

So that is about mid February, where I ran into another wonderful problem. My microphone on my headset broke. Earphone portion of it still works fine for some reason, but the mic was just completely dead. It sucks because I don't really have the money to replace that stuff. Though about a month later my Mom offered to buy me a new headset, so now that problem is dealt with.

Of course my internet issue would then get worse. It was a few hundred down, then 80 down, and then it just stopped working entirely for long periods of time. The longest downtime was about 8 hours and even when the connection was on I could only get about 5-10kb/s. This started back on the 11th. I don't have the connection loss anymore, but I'm still stuck with the 5kb/s.

Technology is wonderful. Grumble grumble.
Nall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:31 PM   #6
Nall
D:

In less downer news, I am smashing my way through a backlog of single player games. Some new, some classics I re-acquired. Currently playing through Super Mario All-stars on SNES. All I have left to do with it is complete the lost levels. So rage inducing though. D=<
Old 03-20-2013, 09:02 AM   #7
Nall
D:

Let's have a snow storm on the first day of spring. OK Canada. We get it. You're a snowy cold place. Calm down.

My workout schedule for today has been delayed because of this storm. Not the end of the world but it bothers me. I'm the kind of person who has certain routines I have to follow every day or everything just sort of feels off for the day. If that routine gets thrown off for several days I also can't trust myself to get back onto it and my productivity plummets. I have to mentally battle with myself to force myself to do things sometimes. Luckily I know my way around my own mind.

Anyway, in regards to my working out, that has been going well for me. I can confidently and proudly say that I am currently in the best shape I've been in my entire life. Both physically and mentally. Which I definitely couldn't say last year around this time. No, that was probably the worst I've been in my entire life. I'm so glad I got off my butt and changed that aspect of my life. I feel great and honestly needed a victory somewhere in my life since then. Now if only I could figure out how to be more successful in the financial portion. Hmm. =P

Also, I finished off Super Mario All-stars last night. It might be the first time I beat any of those games, I can't really recall. I think the closest I got in any of them was I got to Wart in Mario 2 but couldn't figure out how to beat him or something. Oh well, that was fun. Next SNES game I try to beat will be Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:19 AM   #8
ChopperDave
Honorary Member

Send a message via MSN to ChopperDave

hi soup
Old 03-20-2013, 09:37 AM   #9
Nall
D:

hi dav
Old 03-24-2013, 07:24 AM   #10
Nall
D:

My internet is functional again. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
Now I need to update pretty much everything. =P

Also, I was talking about working out when I last posted. As of yesterday I've lost 50 pounds. It took me 10 months + 1 week. I'm never going to allow myself to get overweight again. I feel too good to give this up. Double victory YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
Old 03-24-2013, 01:06 PM   #11
Inagi
>< c A>

Send a message via MSN to Inagi

Hell yeah dude! That's awesome. I've lost about forty pounds in around half a year. It feels awesome. I share your sentiments about not letting myself go again. It's nice to feel healthy and not selfconscious all the time.
Old 03-30-2013, 06:46 PM   #12
Nall
D:

I feel like I need to start a big project of some sort to work at a couple of hours a day. Dunno what I'm going to end up doing, but will most likely start on the first. I might outline it in this thread tomorrow.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:44 AM   #13
Nall
D:

Project didn't happen because I guess 24 is a good age to find out I have a honey allergy.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:48 PM   #14
Nall
D:

I managed to lose 60 pounds. 8D
Then I ate some candy and gained 2 pounds. :I
Working it off~
Old 09-13-2015, 12:58 PM   #15
Nall
D:

Hi. Just an update since I'm pretty happy about this. Just today I crossed over the overweight - normal bmi line. First time since being a kid that I haven't been overweight/obese. =D
Old 09-13-2015, 01:44 PM   #16
Mallorie
Songstress

Congrats! That's an awesome accomplishment!

tumblr: mallaproper/mal cosplays | 8tracks: mallaproper | arts & crafts: here
Mallorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 12:27 PM   #17
Nall
D:

Don't really like to talk about family stuff but I'm waiting on some potentially really bad news. =(
Old 03-02-2016, 03:46 PM   #18
Nall
D:

Yeah. Too personal to talk about online and I have limited information. Short form - car accident, family member died, more in hospital, could get worse. I don't know, I'm getting information pretty slow. Just wanted to write something here because I'm basically sitting at home by myself and need to vent or something. Shit sucks.