F@NB0Y$

Go Back   F@NB0Y$ > Miscellaneous > Rantings of Madmen

Old 08-07-2015, 01:00 PM   #211
Mallorie
Songstress

What is the most thrill-seeking thing you've ever done?

If you were forced to burn scented candles in your home, what scent would they be?

Do you eat stuff when it falls on the floor? What is your personal statue of limitations on floor food?

Does your family have a special "family recipe" version of a dish? What's the dish? And what's the secret?

tumblr: mallaproper/mal cosplays | 8tracks: mallaproper | arts & crafts: here
Mallorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 04:34 PM   #212
Hoogie
STYLE

No clue. Nothing. I don't seek thrills.

Like vanilla or lavender. Food ones seem appealing but that would get old or make me hungry. Lavender smells like purple.

Oh most definitely. Time is dependent on the type of food. Like hard pieces of candy I don't give a shit how long it's been on the ground or how embedded into the carpet it is I will eat it. If it's like pudding or ice cream it's a lost cause even though I'm always tempted to scoop up the top part that did not directly touch the floor and eat it.

Not really? At least I don't think so. Nothing I'm privy to at least.

Hoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 07:05 PM   #213
Mallorie
Songstress

Hoogie you and I are the only non-prudes on this forum when it comes to floor food.

tumblr: mallaproper/mal cosplays | 8tracks: mallaproper | arts & crafts: here
Mallorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 07:10 PM   #214
Hoogie
STYLE

I'll drop a pizza face down and I'll still eat it. By which I mean that's happened.

Old 08-09-2015, 12:17 PM   #215
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

Pizza is delicious though, even Id brush a pizza off and eat it if that happened.

Who is/are your favorite comic book supervillian(s), and Batman specific supervillian(s), (assuming they arent the same person)?

What is your favorite nut or nut based thing to eat, assuming you're not allergic? ie Peanut butter, Pecan Pie, Reeses, Salted Peanuts, etc.

Speaking of alergies, do you have any?

If a game has optional collectables, specifically games where collecting stuff isnt the main mechanic (like, Mario 64 or Banjo Kazooie type games), how often do you bother going out of your way for them, or even getting 100% of everything?

Do you play games during out-of-home downtime periods, such as riding the bus, waiting for a friend to show up, sitting in a waiting room for stuff like seeing a doctor, etc?

What do you think of stuff like free posters or maps that come with some games, something to hang up, toss out or leave in the box?
Penakoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 06:26 PM   #216
Hoogie
STYLE

I answered about villains almost three years ago and I'll just have that be my answer. Must have been right after I read Black Mirror since James Gordon Jr. is there. I don't really enjoy talking about this stuff anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoogie View Post
1. Lex Luthor
2. The Rogues (you can't separate them, that would be a real crime)
3. Darkseid
4. Loki
5. Deadshot
6. Riddler
7. Kingpin
8. Magneto
9. James Gordon Jr
10. Bullseye
I'll murder a bag of pistachios.

No allergies that I know of. Never had a reaction and I've never been tested for them.

I tend to want to get 100% but then as soon as I finish the story I stop caring. I have to really like the game to do that. So that last time I got 100% was in Tomb Raider.

No I don't really play games outside of my house.

That shit's neat but it's trash. I look at it once and then leave it in the box forever.

Old 08-25-2015, 12:17 PM   #217
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

What are some examples of things you really like, that you think is either severely underrated, or is just bad, but you enjoy them anyways for whatever reason?

Do you ever/often spend money on purely cosmetic items in games? Be it skins for characters or weapons, mounts and vehicles in games where that stuff is just for show, etc...

What is the most disappointed you ever were with a game you've played? Whether it was the whole game, or just a part of it.

Do you prefer air conditioning, or opening windows to cool things down?
Old 08-25-2015, 04:04 PM   #218
Hoogie
STYLE

Everything I like is criminally underrated. Nothing I like is bad. It's actually hard to say because I feel so disconnected from a lot of stuff that I don't know what general reception is like. Like I live in my own little world where everybody loves the weird shit I love.

Oh most definitely. Winning is temporary, but looking good is forever. Style > Substance. I love costumes in games and it doesn't take much for me to pony up for something good looking.

I dunno. I thought I'd like Guacamelee more I guess.

More about that air conditioning than opening windows. I hate opening windows

Old 10-26-2015, 10:17 PM   #219
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

What do you enjoy more, cooperative multiplayer or competitive?

How often do you play indie games, relative to non-indie games? Also, what is your favorite indie game?

What was the last special or limited edition of something you bought?

What kind of pizza do you like? Also how picky are you when it comes to pizza and toppings?

What was the last time you felt a significant rush of nostalgia?
Old 10-26-2015, 11:56 PM   #220
Hoogie
STYLE

Co-op. I'm not even slightly competitive and I just wanna be friends.

I guess I play like 0 indie games. I don't play games that often and everything for a long time now has been a known commodity.

I just bought some blu-rays from shout factory that are all like Collector's Editions even though that's the only version they've made which I think is really funny. Like, a lot of comics I buy are very limited runs so I think maybe it was a recent collection of Megg, Mogg, and Owl rarities that was limited to 300. Frank Santoro has an indiegogo campaign for setting up a Comics Workbook school and one of the doner things is a bootleg collection of Truth Zone limited to 500 and I'm definitely going to break down and get that at some point soon.

I usually get pepperoni because that's just like my default but I'll eat anything that people order.

I got a lil nostalgic the other day talking about The Simpsons. Specifically talking about the bargain bin toys that I got as a kid and still have lying around. I mean, who wouldn't get a little sentimental over this classic Brad Goodman toy

Old 11-26-2015, 01:13 PM   #221
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

What is the most excited you ever got for a game, movie or whatever?

Games, Movies, Etc, You used to love, but now don't think are so good anymore. Either because your perception of them has changed, or because you think they've aged terribly, or just a matter of your tastes being different now.

Civilizations or cultures you'd like to see more representation in games, movies, etc. Adventure-y movies, not like, documentaries.

Similar question: Civilizations or cultures you'd like to see more utilized, or used as inspiration more, in fantasy settings? Like, other than the usual European medieval, or Norse legend stuff.

Critical Hit Chance, Armor Penetration, or Attack Speed?

You're at a cafeteria, the food isn't great, but you're really hungry and have no choice but to eat there. There's three things on the menu, do you order the Salisbury Steak, the Fish Sticks, or the Chicken Soup?
Old 11-26-2015, 02:38 PM   #222
Hoogie
STYLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penakoto View Post
What is the most excited you ever got for a game, movie or whatever?
Wrestlemania 30. There's nothing I could think of that matched that level of excitement for me.

Quote:
Games, Movies, Etc, You used to love, but now don't think are so good anymore. Either because your perception of them has changed, or because you think they've aged terribly, or just a matter of your tastes being different now.
Everything. I feel like I'm constantly growing and learning and redefining my tastes and any time I look at something I liked more than like 5 years ago it just crumbles and I hate it. Not that it's bad or anything, I just focus so much on what's new and interesting to me that the past just looks shitty. Also I hate nostalgia so I may get a little over critical of these things.

Quote:
Civilizations or cultures you'd like to see more representation in games, movies, etc. Adventure-y movies, not like, documentaries.
I can't name anything specifically but there's so much untapped stuff out there that I'd love to see explored. Just anything different would be good.

Quote:
Similar question: Civilizations or cultures you'd like to see more utilized, or used as inspiration more, in fantasy settings? Like, other than the usual European medieval, or Norse legend stuff.
Anything but european fantasy shit. I realized recently that I just can't stomach that stuff anymore. It bores me instantly. Any culture that has a really strong spiritual aspect like Native American tribes or older Japanese culture is something I like to see.

Quote:
Critical Hit Chance, Armor Penetration, or Attack Speed?
I'm not answering this nerd question. I don't know what this means.

Quote:
You're at a cafeteria, the food isn't great, but you're really hungry and have no choice but to eat there. There's three things on the menu, do you order the Salisbury Steak, the Fish Sticks, or the Chicken Soup?
Salisbury steak. I don't eat fish and I prefer a mediocre salisbury steak to a mediocre chicken soup.

Old 12-30-2015, 02:34 AM   #223
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

Hard to phrase exactly what I'm want to ask, but instances where you got something you didn't know a lot about or were hyped for, but ended up loving.

Like, impulse purchases, random gifts, freebies, and other situations where the thing in question was suddenly introduced to you.
Old 01-03-2016, 04:48 PM   #224
Hace
hello

You up?
Old 01-03-2016, 05:07 PM   #225
Hoogie
STYLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penakoto View Post
Hard to phrase exactly what I'm want to ask, but instances where you got something you didn't know a lot about or were hyped for, but ended up loving.

Like, impulse purchases, random gifts, freebies, and other situations where the thing in question was suddenly introduced to you.
Happens a lot with movies because I tend to watch stuff without knowing much. So like this year I got really obsessed with Red Desert, The Color Wheel, and a ton of horror movies. And of course same thing with comics every single day. Like yesterday I fell in love with Gina Wynbrandt's Someone Please Have Sex With Me. I just love new things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hace View Post
You up?
y

Old 02-21-2016, 09:14 AM   #226
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

What is your favorite kind of cookie?

Longsword, Rapier or Katana?

What was the first horror themed game you ever played, and how did it effect you?

If a zombie apocalypse happened right now (slow, numerous, destroy head to kill), where would you go, what would you do and how long do you think you'd survive?

Also what would your initial weapon of choice for the above question be, something that is in your house/apartment right now.
Old 02-21-2016, 05:21 PM   #227
Hoogie
STYLE

I'll probably go for a chocolate chip before anything else. I like the simple stuffs.

Swords are for dorks. Let's go katanas because I dig samurais. The best being Zatoichi's cane sword, if that's technically a katana.

I never got into horror games and the only thing that comes to mind is Resident Evil 4. Most of what I remember about that is killing weird dogs while my dad was yelling at the tv in the next room. I didn't finish it and I think about giving it another shot every once in a while. I did beat RE5 twice so that counts for something.

I just hang out in my house and wait to die. So sick of zombies. I got no survival abilities. I got no chance so why fight it.

There's probably a bat or some gold clubs I could use. I found a sword in my house but I don't know if it's any good.

Old 02-25-2016, 01:26 PM   #228
Sudonim
Punkachu

When playing a game with multiple endings, which ending do you usually Go for st first, and which do you usually get?

How often do you look up a guide or vid in the chance that you are stuck somewhere in a game?

Heal or poison?

Has school cafeteria food ever made you ill?

What are some of the things you got rid off when you were younger, but now regret that you ever did in the first place?