F@NB0Y$

Go Back   F@NB0Y$ > Gaming > Consoles > Sony

Old 01-22-2013, 09:28 PM   #181
Addy
NOT!!! A CLOD!!

So there's a bundle at Target for the Vita + Lego Batman for $200, and I don't care about Lego Batman at all but I AM interested in Ragnarok Odyssey. And whenever PSO2 comes out. Aside from thaaat .. not terribly sold.

How do you Vita owners feel about it? I am also pretty interested in picking up a 3DS before October, too. .-. Owning both so early on feels silly.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:32 PM   #182
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nami View Post
Still waiting for the price drop on this thing. It ain't selling well at all, so I figure they have to within a year.
This is what I'm waiting for as well.

Games on it look absolutely gorgeous, and there are quite a few titles I'm interested in, but I don't play portables nearly as often anymore.
Penakoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:52 PM   #183
Standing Freddy
The Best Looking Guy Here

Send a message via AIM to Standing Freddy

I was very dissapointed with Ragnarok Odyssey...

If you're buying it just for that, I'd highly suggest not getting one. I mostly play PS1 games on it, and Hot Shots Golf. Since I have PS + though, I also get Uncharted, Gravity Rush, and a few others free. Those are pretty fun. But I was HIGHLY anticipating RO, and it just left me with a very bad case of buyers remorse.
Standing Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:44 PM   #184
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

The 3DS seems to finally be getting a lot of games worth buying. Like, a lot. I went a year without buying any and now I'm buying like three or four within a few months.

The Vita, on the other hand, still only has one game I'd want. I guess maybe another if I already had a Vita. Seriously, it needs a price drop.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:12 AM   #185
Standing Freddy

It really does. I honestly see more games I want on the 3DS than I do on the PSV, as far as exclusives. I like my PSV, and do use it daily, but I see more new games on the 3DS that I'd like to play. Only PSV game I really play daily are Hot Shots Golf. Other than that, it's Final Fantasy Tactics, and any other PS1 RPGs I have on it at the time.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:44 AM   #186
Addy
NOT!!! A CLOD!!

That's really disappointing. I don't plan on getting PS+ because I already have Xbox Live, lol. D: Gravity Rush did seem neato, though. I know Amon plans on getting it.

I have two friends super into Ragnarok and are harassing me into playing. There's going to be a Monster Hunter coming out at some point, too, yeah? Though the 3DS is ALSO getting one...

this is so hard ;~;
Old 01-23-2013, 08:53 AM   #187
Standing Freddy

Yeah, there's no word on if the PSV is getting a Monster Hunter. I'm assuming they're waiting for it to come out on the 3DS so they don't take away sales from that one. Honestly, I'm losing any hope of the PSV getting one at all though... I'm probably going to pick up a 3DS eventually for not only Monster Hunter, and several other games that looks great on it.

I really wanted to like Ragnarok Odyssey, but it was just so bland. Graphics were nice, but the combat wasn't that fun, and I honestly didn't feel any reason to keep playing it. Monster Hunter had me from the beginning but RO was boring from the start, and did not get better.

And yeah, I only pay for PS+ because I'm not paying for Live atm. But it's been pretty worth it so far. Spent $50 last year on it, and I've gotten soooo many games through it. Several on the Vita I didn't have to buy that came out to around $80+ if I bought them on their own. And over $120 worth of games on the PS3 if I would have purchased them on their own. Don't know if I'll resub when the time comes, but I might. The games added to the instant game collection every month are pretty sweet.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:24 AM   #188
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

PS Vita is getting a 20% price cut in Japaaaaan. It likely means a price cut will soon follow over heeerrreee.

Speaking of Vitas, I had already been toying with the idea of importing that silver one. I really don't need to be spending that money, though. We shall see.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:05 AM   #189
Adamjirra
May I cut in?

Send a message via AIM to Adamjirra Send a message via MSN to Adamjirra

oh hey a topic on this.

So I'm torn on this. I have playstation plus (DIRTY CORPORATE WHORE) and because of that, I have like, seven games for the vita already. The thing is, is those seven games and any other future games worth the asking price? Granted it might drop to like, 200 dollars here in the US soonish, but still, some of the games I've seen are rather lack lustre and despite having a small library of free games, I just, eh. Thoughts?

Well, ah... the planet sort of cracked, but you can't make an omelette without... destabilizing the Earth's core and plunging the world into eternal darkness. - Keiseth
Adamjirra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:07 AM   #190
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

No, they're not worth the asking price. Wait until you find a game you actually want to own the thing for and those extra games will just be a bonus.
Old 07-24-2013, 04:07 PM   #191
Thekylekurtz
Aka Kyle Dark

Send a message via AIM to Thekylekurtz Send a message via MSN to Thekylekurtz

So those of us who do own a Vita and want a cool game to play: Chaos Rings is on playstation mobile for 8$. If you never played it on iPhone or whatever it's actually really good.
Thekylekurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:14 PM   #192
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

I dunnooooo. I will give this a look-see.
Nami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 05:22 PM   #193
Thekylekurtz
Aka Kyle Dark

It's like a Final Fantasy game when they were at their best. A bit repetitive as you replay levels again with different characters, but the characters are all awesome and in the end you learn to love them.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:28 PM   #194
Jeff

Got into the Killzone beta. Had to sign an NDA so can't really talk about the game itself.

I will say it is really fun.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:24 PM   #195
Siz
Tibetan Warrior Monk

you talked about it!

shaaaaaaa.......
Siz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:42 AM   #196
Thekylekurtz
Aka Kyle Dark

I'm gonna tellllll
Old 07-03-2014, 04:45 AM   #197
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

Haaaaa. Reading back over this thread, I kind of went from saying I'd be waiting to get one of these to talking like I already had one with no transition in the middle.

Either way, I've had one of these for just over a year now and it's finally starting to see some real use. I ran the battery down from full for the first time only a week or two ago (then proceeded to do that another six or seven times). I still feel it doesn't really compare to the 3DS in terms of library (unless you like nothing but really niche Japanese games), but it's a damn fine piece of hardware in spite of it. PlayStation Plus only makes it better. I still need a memory card bigger than 4GB, though.

ALSO, the console is apparently really hard to find in general right now. To be fair, retailers don't ever carry much of them anyway, but still. It's something different!
Old 10-05-2014, 07:43 AM   #198
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

I just turned this on yesterday and got an update that added themes. There are three themes available to download off the store for free right now. None of them are great, but it's a start! It not only changes the backgrounds of the home screen and lock screen, but also the icons and background music, too. Nice little change of pace.

The update does some other things, too, but themes were definitely the biggest one.
Old 02-05-2015, 07:39 AM   #199
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

A new limited edition Vita is coming out in Japan on June 25th to coincide with the release of Persona 4: Dancing All Night. Pre-orders for it begin tomorrow.

Old 02-25-2015, 12:19 PM   #200
RadiantBurrito
Professional Sandbag

Got my Vita today. Grabbed the nicest pre-owned original model I could find (which is pretty much near perfect thankfully), a couple of physical games (Muramasa and Teraway), and a $50 PSN card. When I got home the UPS missed me by like 10 minutes and after a whole fiasco of an afternoon I will be getting my 64gb card tomorrow. Since it's an original model it has no internal memory so I can't do much until tomorrow, but I went ahead and spent my PSN money on some games. None of those games were Dangan Ronpa, but I plan on picking it up in the next couple paychecks (aka when I am not super absorbed in a ton of other games).

A funny thing about the model I picked up too. Apparently I have a 3G model and I found it hilarious when I found a SIM card in it. Like I remember when these things were first announced and how expensive they were for this model and I got it for like $150. Nobody was ever gonna use that 3G anyway. It's like $50 for a months worth of internet that you can't use to play or download games on. You can only use it to browse the internet and send messages. It's useless, but I own one!
RadiantBurrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 09:05 AM   #201
Mega
No-Fo You.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...ll-vita-titles

If you're not like me and haven't updated their firmware since the start of the month you can easily play any game now on your PSTV.
Old 10-08-2015, 07:03 AM   #202
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

Not quite. A lot of games are not able to be played, because there's no Vita back touchpad. A lot of those games were locked out of PlayStation TV for that reason. Anything else, though, is alright.
Old 10-08-2015, 07:17 AM   #203
Mega
No-Fo You.

True but the majority of locked games are mainly due to license issues and should still play fine to the end.

1st Donganronepah being a major one, plus a ton of PSP titles.