Buying a Laptop - Suggestions?
- Main purpose is gaming, a list of a lot of what I'm looking to play includes: Civilization 5 (low - medium settings) or Civilization 4 if Civ5 is too much for a laptop within my budget to handle, Diablo 2, Starcraft, Command and Conquer TS and Red Alert 2, Warcraft 3, Total War: Medieval 2 and Rome, and various older WRPGs such as Arcanum, Neverwinter Nights, Morrowind (modded a bit, nothing extreme), the Witcher, etc. Besides Civ 5, all on higher/highest settings, maybe with the exception of the Total War games.
- Budget is less than $750, Canadian, including taxes. The cheaper the better though.
- Would prefer something that's around 13' inches or less in length, but this is secondary. It's to fit it in a bag I've got that would be perfect for carrying around a laptop, as long as it's small enough to fit.
- The more battery life the better, but this is also secondary and I don't really have a specific amount of time in mind.
- Should be able to be run for a few hours without exploding from the heat. I'll typically be using it at a desk, if that matters heating wise.
- Weight is not at all an issue, I won't be carrying it around with me on long walks or anything. Same with durability, I'm a careful person and am not worried about dropping it or smashing it into something accidentally.
Last edited by Penakoto; 09-07-2014 at 12:26 AM.