F@NB0Y$
Old 06-22-2014, 12:48 PM   #1
Jeff

Default Dance Central

Did not see a topic for this so starting one now. Dance Central 1, 2 and 3 were pretty much the only reason to own a Kinect on 360. They were well designed rhythm games made by the people made Amplitude, Frequency,Guitar Hero 1/2, and the Rock Band series. They were an attempt to make dancing games closer to actual dancing than something like DDR.

Well Harmonix has announced a new one coming to Xbox One. It is different then the others in that it is not being a $60 retail game. Instead it will be a downloadable game with 10 songs and will be released at a cheaper price. The game will still be fully featured and in fact it has more features then standard Dance Central. It will also have 8 different routines for each song. There is some good news and bad news. The good news is that all the DLC from the first 3 games is being transferred over with the 8 different routines system. The bad news there will be no disk imports despite being able to import DC1 and 2 into DC3. This is looking like the best reason to own a kinect on Xbox One just like the last games.

Some gameplay of the new one.

Old 06-22-2014, 01:19 PM   #2
Nuva
yes i vape

You dissing on the DDR shuffle, bro?
Old 06-22-2014, 01:49 PM   #3
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

I'd still rather play DDR.

Though, I could see this being fun with friends. WHICH I DON'T HAVE.
Old 06-22-2014, 02:09 PM   #4
Zaver

My mom bought the first one along with the Kinnect when they came out. It was kinda fun, though I only played it like once.
Zaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 02:15 PM   #5
Jeff

Nah just saying DDR is fairly basic compared to it. Plus the fact the last major console release for DDR was in 2011 and we only got 2 arcade games and an iOS game come out since then.

Dance Central is good fun when you get a group together even if you can't dance like me. Just a bunch of people flailing around like idiots.

Still amused that when the first one came out people were scrambling to delete the pics the game were taking as they decided to play in the nude. I think they turned that feature off in the later ones.