F@NB0Y$

Go Back   F@NB0Y$ > Miscellaneous > Rantings of Madmen

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2015, 02:35 AM   #31
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good
 
Penakoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Somewhere New
Posts: 12,507
Default

Hard to phrase exactly what I'm want to ask, but instances where you got something you didn't know a lot about or were hyped for, but ended up loving?

Like, impulse purchases, random gifts, freebies, and other situations where the thing in question was suddenly introduced to you.
Penakoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 09:38 AM   #32
Sudonim
Punkachu
 
Sudonim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bathroom of Solitude
Posts: 3,426
Default

Nintendo has recently stated interest in going into the anime and movie business. So with that in mind, if you could pick 6 nintendo franchises four of them being a movie (non of which are live action) and 2 to be turned into an anime series, which series would you pick and why?
__________________
3DS FC: 4682-8641-5550 NNID: Sudonim PSN: meximan23 Gaming Blog Piano Covers
Sudonim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 02:32 PM   #33
Inferno
Tea and murder
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bathhouse of Despair (lv. 3)
Posts: 7,173
Send a message via AIM to Inferno
Default

Agh how long have these been here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penakoto View Post
Hard to phrase exactly what I'm want to ask, but instances where you got something you didn't know a lot about or were hyped for, but ended up loving?

Like, impulse purchases, random gifts, freebies, and other situations where the thing in question was suddenly introduced to you.
Ace Attorney, actually. I hadn't really heard of it before this forum, and I thought "why the heck not," asked for a game for Christmas, got Justice for All, instantly hooked. Then I got all my friends into it.
Come to think of it, Pokemon was the same way. In first grade there was this neighbor/classmate I had a weird relationship with - nowadays I'd call it frenemy - but by second we were starting to be friendlier, and one morning at the bus stop he told me about a new show he was watching. I turned on the TV the next morning it aired, and the rest was history. He became my closest friend for a few years after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
Nintendo has recently stated interest in going into the anime and movie business. So with that in mind, if you could pick 6 nintendo franchises four of them being a movie (non of which are live action) and 2 to be turned into an anime series, which series would you pick and why?
Pikmin might make for a cute movie. I'm thinking no dialogue. But they'd have to be creative to keep it from getting stale, depending on how long the movie is.

I'd like to see a Fire Emblem anime. I think they actually made a few episodes or OVAs of the original game, back in the day. Glorious 80s/90s character designs and all. Ideally, the FE anime would go through all the games, though it might be difficult to do Awakening without defining canon couples.

A Legend of Zelda anime could have potential, but only if Link kept his mouth shut OR wasn't a deadpan snarker. Excuse Me Princess is funny and all, but it makes you unable to take him seriously.

Everything else I can think of right now already has either an anime or movie.
__________________
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 10:32 AM   #34
Sudonim
Punkachu
 
Sudonim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bathroom of Solitude
Posts: 3,426
Default

Would you take a small vacation to any vg /anime setting of your choosing?

You are given a gem, this gem has the ability to teleport you anywhere in the world, the only drawback being that you can only choose 3 places to teleport to, 4 if you include where you originally teleported from. That in mind, what three locations would you choose to teleport to and from?

Would you rather travel the sky via Dragon or sea via pirate ghost ship at your command? Both of which that can travel at the same speed.

#1 most regretted purchase to date?
__________________
3DS FC: 4682-8641-5550 NNID: Sudonim PSN: meximan23 Gaming Blog Piano Covers
Sudonim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 06:49 PM   #35
Mayu_Zane
ART-STRONAUT
 
Mayu_Zane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 4,008
Default

Is there a vehicle in fiction that you wish you could own in real life? Not a replica, like, the ACTUAL thing that somebody can drive/pilot.
__________________
"The cruelest thing you can do to an artist is telling them their work is perfect when it isn't flawless."
-Yahtzee
Mayu_Zane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 04:49 PM   #36
That Pooka
Orange you glad
 
That Pooka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: I'm back!
Posts: 4,190
Default

This has to be framed a certain way. Picture yourself in your mind.

YOU HAVE A SUPERPOWER! First thing that comes to mind is you having that power.

What is it?
How did you manifest this power when you thought of it?
What "action" took place?
__________________
That Pooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 09:12 AM   #37
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good
 
Penakoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Somewhere New
Posts: 12,507
Default

What is your favorite kind of cookie?

Longsword, Rapier or Katana?

What was the first horror themed game you ever played, and how did it effect you?

If a zombie apocalypse happened right now (slow, numerous, destroy head to kill), where would you go, what would you do and how long do you think you'd survive?

Also what would your initial weapon of choice for the above question be, something that is in your house/apartment right now.
Penakoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 11:41 AM   #38
Inferno
Tea and murder
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bathhouse of Despair (lv. 3)
Posts: 7,173
Send a message via AIM to Inferno
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
Would you take a small vacation to any vg /anime setting of your choosing?

You are given a gem, this gem has the ability to teleport you anywhere in the world, the only drawback being that you can only choose 3 places to teleport to, 4 if you include where you originally teleported from. That in mind, what three locations would you choose to teleport to and from?

Would you rather travel the sky via Dragon or sea via pirate ghost ship at your command? Both of which that can travel at the same speed.

#1 most regretted purchase to date?
-Yes. Right now I'm feeling Inaba.

-First I'd go to Texas to grab Dogma, then transport us to Japan so we can weeb out. While there I'd use normal forms of travel to make my touristy way around the islands. Then I'd go to Germany, more specifically the town where the first people in my family to go to America came from, maybe see if I can trace the genealogy any farther back. Derp around Germany the same way I did Japan, probably swing by the Netherlands and visit Virgo.

-This is a toughie. I'm leery of both air and sea travel - heights make me dizzy, and I worry about seasickness on the open waves. Though I guess if it's a ghost ship, it could become intangible and just ignore the waves. Ghost ship it is.

-iPad. Here's the thing, I didn't actually purchase it, it was a gift, but I had so many dang problems with it that I kept having to get it replaced, and what I regret was not putting my foot down earlier, before going to all the trouble over and over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayu_Zane View Post
Is there a vehicle in fiction that you wish you could own in real life? Not a replica, like, the ACTUAL thing that somebody can drive/pilot.
I've always liked the idea of hoverboards, but the Delorean would be really practical from a historical perspective. Assuming I could research without messing up the timeline forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Pooka View Post
This has to be framed a certain way. Picture yourself in your mind.

YOU HAVE A SUPERPOWER! First thing that comes to mind is you having that power.

What is it?
How did you manifest this power when you thought of it?
What "action" took place?
First thought was pyrokinesis, though I guess it'd be more similar to firebending, the way it manifested. My fist was on fire as though my arm was a candle and my hand was the wick. Just kind of....bwoosh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penakoto View Post
What is your favorite kind of cookie?

Longsword, Rapier or Katana?

What was the first horror themed game you ever played, and how did it effect you?

If a zombie apocalypse happened right now (slow, numerous, destroy head to kill), where would you go, what would you do and how long do you think you'd survive?

Also what would your initial weapon of choice for the above question be, something that is in your house/apartment right now.
-One type? You want me to pick ONE TYPE? Man...I like chocolate cookies. But shortbread is good too.

-I've never handled any of those. I'd have to go with a longsword because I could probably fake it convincingly enough. With rapiers and katanas, I'm clueless.

-I think the only one that's even close enough is Yume Nikki, but I'm not sure that qualifies. It didn't affect me too terribly, though it left me shaken up at times.

-Probably I'd either hole up in Home Depot or my house. Heck, maybe even the library. As long as I have things to use. I'd barricade the doors and windows however I could, go to a place that's hard to get to, and hunker down with my weapon(s) of choice. If they came for me I'd go down fighting. Really, I doubt I'd survive long if it came right down to it.
I choose a shovel. It has decent range so I can smack them without getting too close, and then when they're down I can use the edges to decapitate them. Assuming the edges are sharp enough. If I'm allowed to have two weapons I'd bring an axe too.
__________________
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 01:27 PM   #39
Sudonim
Punkachu
 
Sudonim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bathroom of Solitude
Posts: 3,426
Default

When playing a game with multiple endings, which ending do you usually Go for st first, and which do you usually get?

How often do you look up a guide or vid in the chance that you are stuck somewhere in a game?

Heal or poison?

Has school cafeteria food ever made you ill?

What are some of the things you got rid off when you were younger, but now regret that you ever did in the first place?
__________________
3DS FC: 4682-8641-5550 NNID: Sudonim PSN: meximan23 Gaming Blog Piano Covers
Sudonim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 05:42 PM   #40
Sudonim
Punkachu
 
Sudonim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bathroom of Solitude
Posts: 3,426
Default

counting both first and third party, what would you say are some of the most unnecessarily uncomfortable controllers that you have ever owned or used?

is there a toy you wanted really badly as a kid only to get bored with it i a month or so, or end up disappointed with it?

assuming you had one, how long did your first tomagatchi live?

are hotdogs, sandwiches?
__________________
3DS FC: 4682-8641-5550 NNID: Sudonim PSN: meximan23 Gaming Blog Piano Covers
Sudonim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 09:29 AM   #41
Inferno
Tea and murder
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bathhouse of Despair (lv. 3)
Posts: 7,173
Send a message via AIM to Inferno
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
When playing a game with multiple endings, which ending do you usually Go for st first, and which do you usually get?

How often do you look up a guide or vid in the chance that you are stuck somewhere in a game?

Heal or poison?

Has school cafeteria food ever made you ill?

What are some of the things you got rid off when you were younger, but now regret that you ever did in the first place?
-Usually the first time I play a game, I just play and try not to look too many things up. Naturally I do the best I can, but without knowing everything I usually end up at a mediocre or good ending, not the true ending. My second playthrough is when I try to cover everything.

-I do my best for as long as I can, and only when I'm really, completely stuck do I look things up. It's no fun to just follow instructions, and the sense of accomplishment when you finally figure something out is really great.

-Heal.

-Actual food-poisoning ill? Like, where your body rejects it outright and it comes out either end? Only once, I think, in college. But I used to get nauseous from some of the meals in elementary school (hamburgers, french bread pizza), and after that I very rarely ate cafeteria food. I usually packed and only bought the cafeteria lunch on baked potato days or 'boli days. The stromboli they served was incredible. I don't think they're allowed to anymore under the new government rules, and I bet you the school lost a crapton of money, because everybody loved the monthly 'Boli Friday.
College was a different matter. I didn't really have much choice there. But the food was all right. I got used to it and the food itself actually got much better while I attended. And whoever was in charge of the desserts knew what they were doing.

-Some of my old video games and books. I can't think of any specifics off the top of my head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
counting both first and third party, what would you say are some of the most unnecessarily uncomfortable controllers that you have ever owned or used?

is there a toy you wanted really badly as a kid only to get bored with it i a month or so, or end up disappointed with it?

assuming you had one, how long did your first tomagatchi live?

are hotdogs, sandwiches?
-Dunno. I've never really noticed any discomfort with the ones I use frequently, and I haven't used others enough to remember whether they're uncomfortable or not. But I can say that with every Nintendo handheld I've owned, the serial number ends up peeling off and I have to keep taping it over, and that sucks. I don't know if my hands get sweaty or if I unconsciously pick at it or what. FIX YOUR SERIAL NUMBER STICKERS, NINTENDO

-Moon Shoes. Anyone remember those? I thought I'd be able to jump really high like in the commercials. So much false advertising. So many shattered dreams.

-I never had a Tamagotchi. I didn't really get it. And I think part of me figured it'd be a pain to constantly have to check in on them.

-I've never even thought about this. I guess since it's meat between bread, it's a sandwich on a technical level. But I don't think of hot dogs or hamburgers as sandwiches. I don't eat hot dogs anyway. (Three years old. Eat'n'Park. Had a hot dog. Up all night puking everywhere. Scarred for life. Never again.)
__________________
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 05:39 PM   #42
Hlavco
Your imaginary friend
 
Hlavco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Tall grass
Posts: 1,038
Send a message via AIM to Hlavco Send a message via MSN to Hlavco Send a message via Skype™ to Hlavco
Default

Interesting about the serial number stickers, I've never had that problem. Last year I thought I was going to lose the sticker on the back of my original DS, but... it turned out it was just a clear plastic sticker on top of the actual serial number sticker which I had never noticed.
__________________
3DS:5327-1007-8680
Question Thread | Site | Tumblr
Hlavco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 12:25 AM   #43
Mr. Dogma
I've had better
Moderator
 
Mr. Dogma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 12,265
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Dogma Send a message via MSN to Mr. Dogma
Default

I've had that problem with the serial number. On my DSi I clean rubbed the serial number off it. The sticker is still there; the numbers are not.
__________________
Mr. Dogma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 11:40 AM   #44
Sudonim
Punkachu
 
Sudonim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bathroom of Solitude
Posts: 3,426
Default

if given the choice of going in an all expense paid trip to either san diego comic con or e3, which would you rather go to?

what is your go to starter type whenever you play a pokemon game for the first time?

Has there ever been an anime/vg character that a lot of people seem to like, but rubs you in the wrong way somehow?

with today being april fools, which would you say is your favorite prank that a site has done. for example, the youtube collection of 2012

have you ever felt like you were ripped off with an online purchase?
__________________
3DS FC: 4682-8641-5550 NNID: Sudonim PSN: meximan23 Gaming Blog Piano Covers
Sudonim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 11:07 PM   #45
Sudonim
Punkachu
 
Sudonim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bathroom of Solitude
Posts: 3,426
Default

What is one food or drink you can not go at least one week without?

Have you ever been excited for a movie only to leave severely disappointed?

Has there ever been a test you had to take only to that you were 110% nervous and felt completely unprepared only to have gotten a high percentage on the score

Is there a hair color you think can pull of easily?

Are you more likely to wear a necklace or bracelet? (If you don't, already that is)
__________________
3DS FC: 4682-8641-5550 NNID: Sudonim PSN: meximan23 Gaming Blog Piano Covers
Sudonim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 10:14 AM   #46
Inferno
Tea and murder
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bathhouse of Despair (lv. 3)
Posts: 7,173
Send a message via AIM to Inferno
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hlavco View Post
Interesting about the serial number stickers, I've never had that problem. Last year I thought I was going to lose the sticker on the back of my original DS, but... it turned out it was just a clear plastic sticker on top of the actual serial number sticker which I had never noticed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dogma View Post
I've had that problem with the serial number. On my DSi I clean rubbed the serial number off it. The sticker is still there; the numbers are not.
My problem is that I end up rubbing the top sticker off first, and then the numbers are the next to go. And you can't trade in old systems if they don't have the serial number. Though, come to think of it, I still have all my old systems, so it's not like it really matters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
if given the choice of going in an all expense paid trip to either san diego comic con or e3, which would you rather go to?
Comic-con. I'm betting they have more swag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
what is your go to starter type whenever you play a pokemon game for the first time?
Usually it's fire, but with Sun/Moon I might have to go with Grass. For Blue, it was Squirtle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
Has there ever been an anime/vg character that a lot of people seem to like, but rubs you in the wrong way somehow?
Warning: opinions.

-Nisekoi's Chitoge. More like SHIToge am I right? I'm right. East and West both confirmed for terrible taste. Entire world confirmed for terrible taste. This isn't just "I don't like her" - she borders on abusive. If there is any justice in the world of Nisekoi, Chitoge's afterlife will consist of stepping barefoot on Legos for all eternity.

-I haven't noticed a huge fandom for these two characters, but I never liked Mei (Avatar) or Mayushii (Steins;gate).
In the case of the former, I hated her within two minutes of her introduction, and then my stupid teenage crush on Zuko certainly didn't help later on. There might have been a little ship-based anger in there, too, since I wanted Zuko to end up with Jin. The miracle never happen. Nowadays I can appreciate her a bit more, especially her crowning moment vs. Azula during The Boiling Rock (?) Part II, but she still rubs me the wrong way a little. And while we're talking about Avatar, I always saw Katara as a Mary Sue. Becoming a master in one season despite not having any prior training? Half a zillion love interests? I smell the scent of creator's pet. I also resented that she was the one to strike the finishing blow on Azula in the end, and not Zuko. Grandma Katara is cool, though.
As for Mayushii, her voice grates on my eardrums, TUTTURU~ is annoying as feck, and her cutesiness is just....unnatural.

-I don't actively dislike Lucina or Chrom, but I also don't understand why they're so popular. I could take or leave 'em, personally.

-And now for something completely different: a character I love that other people hate. Meiling from Cardcaptor Sakura! An anime-only character, she goes through some great personal growth. And she's precious. Anyone who can shut up Kero is okay in my book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
with today being april fools, which would you say is your favorite prank that a site has done. for example, the youtube collection of 2012
Homestar Runner updating after years of nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
have you ever felt like you were ripped off with an online purchase?
Loot Anime Vs. It was a box of disappointment. I kept exactly two things - the Ace Attorney business card briefcase, and the Superfight deck. The rest are going on ebay or something. Anyone want a Jojo snapback hat with an out-of-character-looking Jotaro? Yugioh socks? ...A medium women's shirt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
What is one food or drink you can not go at least one week without?
Tea. I can barely go a day without tea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
Have you ever been excited for a movie only to leave severely disappointed?
The Last Airbender. I laughed for five minutes straight when the credits rolled and I almost tripped over a broom on the way out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
Has there ever been a test you had to take only to that you were 110% nervous and felt completely unprepared only to have gotten a high percentage on the score
Most of my math tests after 10th grade. The curriculum was total garbage starting in 7th, and my grades weren't good enough for me to get into pre-calc, so I got put in what was probably slow math. We learned trig and stuff, but the difference is that in those classes, we didn't have the garbage curriculum and the teacher actually taught. It made a huge difference, but my self-confidence in math was never great to begin with and it suffered tremendously from the awful curriculum I had earlier, so I always expected the worst when I took a math test.
In college my math grades suffered a little again on tests, but luckily for me, the teacher graded on a curve, so even if I got, like, a 68%, it was usually still higher than a lot of the others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
Is there a hair color you think can pull of easily?
I'm a natural blond, so, shades of blond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
Are you more likely to wear a necklace or bracelet? (If you don't, already that is)
Necklaces are tricky. Based on where they rest, they can make me feel like I'm about to gag, so I usually don't wear them unless I'm goaded or forced into it. But I used to wear a lightning bolt choker in high school. I forced myself to get used to it because I loved it so much. I wore it for years, until it turned grody and started falling apart. Now it's on display in my room. Nowadays there's one necklace in particular I'd like to get into the habit of wearing, but I think something in the chain irritates my skin. I wear a wristwatch every day and sometimes other bracelets.
__________________
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
You got questions? Haven Rantings of Madmen 8 02-02-2014 09:35 PM
Ask Rhyolite Questions Rhyolite Rantings of Madmen 39 03-22-2013 04:03 PM
Burning through the sky... Nami Rantings of Madmen 20 09-06-2011 09:44 PM
Questions for the K(rud)man nyttyn Comic 70 04-05-2011 05:35 PM
15 year old boy saved six children from burning house Mayu_Zane General Discussion 9 05-05-2009 05:21 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.