Fighter, but Jew is a close second.

(please read it!)
Haven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 07:31 PM   #33
Haven
the Ever Smiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuva View Post
You seem to like movies, what's your favorite genre? Do you watch movie critiques? Have you ever done a critique yourself? What's your favorite film?
Action sci-fi, for sure. I used to watch MovieBob but I got tired of him. No. Aaand I have too many favorites to decide.

Edit: I REALIZE THE FIRST QUESTION HAS BEEN ASKED AND I GAVE A DIFFERENT ANSWER. I guess I can change.

(please read it!)

Last edited by Haven; 08-01-2014 at 07:33 PM.
Old 09-05-2014, 03:30 PM   #34
Haven
the Ever Smiling

Note to self: PM Penakoto to update link to this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nami View Post
I'm asking everyone this question, but it's because I'm legitimately curious and this seems like the best way to get individual responses. If you had to name your top ten favorite games of all time, what would they be?

Elaborating on why earns bonus points and no full series answers, please!
In no particular order:

Spyro the Dragon
All of the games on this list are ones I can always go back to and thoroughly enjoy. I think this is the first I can remember feeling that way about it. Even after playing the sequels it still holds up to just being a really fun adventure about a little purple dragon.

Crash Bandicoot Warped
I never actually owned the first two Crash games, but I did play them and feel unimpressed compared to how this one played. Throughout the game you get new abilities like double jumping, body slamming, and a freakin' fruit bazooka and that was just the coolest thing to me as a kid. It's also the first game I completed 100%. Actually with this game you can achieve 110%!

Super Mario World
One of the very first games I ever, ever played when I was but a wee larvae in the hovel that was my family's first home. When I first played this game I had a Game Genie and always used the codes that gave you permanent star power and the cape. Unfortunately, with those codes it was impossible to beat the final boss...and I was too a-scared to turn off the codes for long enough to try it without them. Bowser in his clown car was the first boss to give me that scary adrenaline rush.
I remember this one time I swindled a kid (I think he was my cousin) out of his copy of Super Mario Advance 2, which was a port of the game, by trading a copy of some really crappy Pitfall game.
And then I beat Bowser for reals! Good times.
Also the castle theme is the best.

Ratchet & Clank
I love all of the R&C games (I'm sure I'd like the R&C: Future games too if I had a PS3) but the original is just...I dunno, a classic for me. The way I feel about this game is the same way I feel about Spyro The Dragon. Insomniac makes some good games.
And this game's R.Y.N.O. weapon is objectively the best.

Sonic Advance 2
The best Sonic game I have ever played, imo. It's always fun to go back to, and I think I hold the record for fastest time in clearing the first level but I can't prove it.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations
I'm a fan of the whole series, but this is the first one I played, before I realized there was a story that loosely continued from game to game. After I learned that, I played the first two and then replayed this one.
I just. Really like Godot.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
It seems like this if the favorite title for many fans of this series buuut unlike a lot of them I didn't grow up playing Zelda. In fact, Twilight Princess was the first one I played, then the original, then this one. I still love it and I get chills when the fanfare on the title screen plays.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
I had a lot of good times playing this game with friends at school, sneaking my Wii into the lecture hall so we could play it on a projector. That's all that needs to be said.

Team Fortress 2
It's always fun! I miss the days when we forumites played it regularly. Sigh...
Oh yeah and crazybirdanimations was the swell guy that bought my copy. Thanks, man.

Golden Sun
I consider this game and it's sequel to be part of the same game. It's hands down the best (and only) RPG I've ever invested my time in. I should pick up Dark Dawn sometime.
Funny story, I asked for this game for Christmas because the commercial was so impressive.

(please read it!)

Last edited by Haven; 09-05-2014 at 03:34 PM.
Old 07-29-2015, 04:03 PM   #35
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

What's your all time favorite or most memorable moment from past gaming? Like, a particularly fun multiplayer session, a favorite cutscene or level, anything.

Have you ever been into any trading card games?

What's a sequel you really want to happen, but probably never will?

Any TV shows or movies you'd particularly want, or not want, to see remade?

Do you think there'll still be movie theaters in say, 50 years from now? Or do you think, with stuff like digital distribution and TVs getting bigger and better every year, they'll be a thing of the past (or at least, a niche thing)?

Have you ever paid to have something commissioned, like art or something, online? If not, ever considered it?

What's your favorite thing you own, that's a decoration or cosmetic thing. Art, posters, figurines, etc.

If you were to buy gum from a machine, what color do you hope pops out?
Penakoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 04:45 PM   #36
Haven
the Ever Smiling

Favorite gaming moment might be the time we had this huge Halo 2 LAN party in which we played a free-for-all with nothing but swords, first to 100 kills. I got to 99 first, then got stuck while the guy in second place slowly caught up to me.
It was just this big climactic moment that ended with my victory and giving the guy in second a big, sweaty hug.

Most wanted sequel: The only way I can think to answer this is that I wish I had the time/means to play a whole bunch of Sony franchises, like Ratchet and Clank.

TV Show Remade: Reboot Reboot. PLEASE.

The future of Cinema: They're still breaking records when it comes to ticket sales, I think? They'll stick around, imo. I mean, people still listen to radio, too.

Get Ye Commission: I've wanted to, but then I think "oh I can just draw that myself."

Favorite Posession: I have no idea. I have so many material things so I think I'll just go with my most expensive one, which would be my Surface.

Gumball? Green. That means it's green apple. :9

(please read it!)
Old 07-30-2015, 01:09 PM   #37
Haven
the Ever Smiling

Shoot, somehow I missed the trading card game question.

I got into MTG for a while and really enjoyed it. I'd need to borrow other people's decks to play it though, because I have enough distractions in my life to build my own.

(please read it!)
Old 08-03-2015, 02:34 AM   #38
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

What's your favorite meal of the day? Breakfast, lunch or dinner?

Any examples of games, movies, shows, books, etc, you didnt think you'd like or get into, but ended up doing so?

What would you rather have, a pool or a hot tub?

What is your favorite Mario, Zelda, Final Fantasy, and Pokemon games, if you have one?

What are some examples of pets you've always wanted, but haven't had yet, for whatever reason?
Old 08-03-2015, 08:17 AM   #39
Haven
the Ever Smiling

Breakfast, lunch or dinn--? Breakfast! I tend to enjoy it the most, and dinner comes to a close second. Although I might be biased since I just ate a bowl of cereal.

Get into it: A Song of Ice and Fire series. I tried the first book while everyone was going on and on about the 4th season of the show, and I got hooked.

Pool, or--? Hot tub.

The Classics:
Favorite Zelda is probably A Link to the Past, with Twilight Princess in second place. I also wanna say here that while Skyward Sword had it's flaws, I hope they bring back the agility mechanic for Zelda WiiU.
As for Final Fantasy, I guess VII, even though I've never finished it. Thanks to a friend I've seen the beginning, middle and end.
And finally, Pokemon? Easy. Snap.

Exotic pets: I've always wanted a ferret or a sugar glider. Can't do that 'til I get my own place and the time it takes to care for them.

(please read it!)
Old 08-09-2015, 12:23 PM   #40
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

Would you have been mad if I posted this in your other question thread?

Who is/are your favorite comic book supervillian(s), and Batman specific supervillian(s), (assuming they arent the same person)?

What is your favorite nut or nut based thing to eat, assuming you're not allergic? ie Peanut butter, Pecan Pie, Reeses, Salted Peanuts, etc.

Speaking of alergies, do you have any?

If a game has optional collectables, specifically games where collecting stuff isnt the main mechanic (like, Mario 64 or Banjo Kazooie type games), how often do you bother going out of your way for them, or even getting 100% of everything?

Do you play games during out-of-home downtime periods, such as riding the bus, waiting for a friend to show up, sitting in a waiting room for stuff like seeing a doctor, etc?

What do you think of stuff like free posters or maps that come with some games? Something to hang up, toss out, or keep in the box?

Also Happy Birthday, in case someone doesnt make a dedicated thread for it or I miss it.

Last edited by Penakoto; 08-09-2015 at 12:44 PM.
Old 08-09-2015, 04:34 PM   #41
Haven
the Ever Smiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuva View Post
What are your muses? Any favorite artists? I asked Mayu if he liked Lovecraft, I think its obvious you do but are you? If so, what is your favorite story. Any other eldritch preferences?
Walter Rane. He's an LDS artist that really knows how to paint and pose his subjects. I especially love how he portrays angels.
As for Lovecraft, I don't quite know where you got that idea? I like the mythos or the lore, but I've never actually read any of his stories. I should!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallorie View Post
What is the most thrill-seeking thing you've ever done?

If you were forced to burn scented candles in your home, what scent would they be?

Do you eat stuff when it falls on the floor? What is your personal statue of limitations on floor food?

Does your family have a special "family recipe" version of a dish? What's the dish? And what's the secret?
I went to Six Flags once. With my high school class.

Probably something with cinnamon.

It depends. Of course there's the five-second rule, but I also consider the kind of food and floor it lands on.

We have some legendary no-bake chocolate cookies. I've never made them myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penakoto View Post
Would you have been mad if I posted this in your other question thread?

Who is/are your favorite comic book supervillian(s), and Batman specific supervillian(s), (assuming they arent the same person)?

What is your favorite nut or nut based thing to eat, assuming you're not allergic? ie Peanut butter, Pecan Pie, Reeses, Salted Peanuts, etc.

Speaking of alergies, do you have any?

If a game has optional collectables, specifically games where collecting stuff isnt the main mechanic (like, Mario 64 or Banjo Kazooie type games), how often do you bother going out of your way for them, or even getting 100% of everything?

Do you play games during out-of-home downtime periods, such as riding the bus, waiting for a friend to show up, sitting in a waiting room for stuff like seeing a doctor, etc?

What do you think of stuff like free posters or maps that come with some games? Something to hang up, toss out, or keep in the box?

Also Happy Birthday, in case someone doesnt make a dedicated thread for it or I miss it.
Nah, I just wouldn't answer it. Then again...

I really like Scarecrow, or at least the way he's presented in Arkham City.
...I haven't had a lot of exposure to comics outside of movies, if you couldn't tell.

At the risk of sounding suggestive. I. LOVE. PEARSON'S SALTED NUT ROLLS. I'M SO UPSET THAT THEY ARE SEASONAL.

Just general pollen/dander allergies.

I'll only 100% a game if there's a good reward for it. Such as cheats the way Jak and Daxter games did.

Yes. Right now I'm playing Best Fiends on my phone.

I'll hang that stuff up until I'm tired of seeing it, then toss it.

Thanks!

(please read it!)
Old 08-09-2015, 11:55 PM   #42
Haven
the Ever Smiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortimus-Maximus View Post
What's the worst furry image you've seen?
Oops I forgot this one.
It was a picture of some guy in a pink-and-white fursuit with his pants barely covering his crotch.
I thought it was gross but not as much as friend did, when I showed it to him.

(please read it!)
Old 08-25-2015, 12:16 PM   #43
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

What are some examples of things you really like, that you think is either severely underrated, or is just bad, but you enjoy them anyways for whatever reason?

Do you ever/often spend money on purely cosmetic items in games? Be it skins for characters or weapons, mounts and vehicles in games where that stuff is just for show, etc...

What is the most disappointed you ever were with a game you've played? Whether it was the whole game, or just a part of it.

Do you prefer air conditioning, or opening windows to cool things down?
Old 08-25-2015, 04:24 PM   #44
Haven
the Ever Smiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penakoto View Post
What are some examples of things you really like, that you think is either severely underrated, or is just bad, but you enjoy them anyways for whatever reason?
First thing that comes to mind is Skyward Sword. If they'd worked on the motion controls a little longer, I think it would have received much more acclaim.

Quote:
Do you ever/often spend money on purely cosmetic items in games? Be it skins for characters or weapons, mounts and vehicles in games where that stuff is just for show, etc...
I think I bought something for Spiral Knights once.

Quote:
What is the most disappointed you ever were with a game you've played? Whether it was the whole game, or just a part of it.
Most recent thing I can think of is Smash 4's stage creator.

Quote:
Do you prefer air conditioning, or opening windows to cool things down?
Air conditioning for sure. Where I live, opening windows changes nothing.

(please read it!)
Old 10-18-2015, 09:35 PM   #45
Sudonim
Punkachu

What are some of your favorite horror themed video games? Not necessarily what you consider to be the scariest but rather had the most dynamic environments, which had the best elements of horror, but most of all, which ones you enjoyed the most
Old 10-19-2015, 07:24 AM   #46
Haven
the Ever Smiling

Definitely Outlast. Any game that I can only play for ten minutes at a time must be doing horror correctly.
I think I'll look up what Red Barrels is doing now.

(please read it!)
Old 10-19-2015, 11:43 AM   #47
Haven
the Ever Smiling

Oh, and Dead Space. The first one.

(please read it!)
Old 10-26-2015, 10:19 PM   #48
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

What do you enjoy more, cooperative multiplayer or competitive?

How often do you play indie games, relative to non-indie games? Also, what is your favorite indie game?

What was the last special or limited edition of something you bought?

What kind of pizza do you like? Also how picky are you when it comes to pizza and toppings?

What was the last time you felt a significant rush of nostalgia?
Old 10-26-2015, 10:52 PM   #49
Haven
the Ever Smiling

Quote:
What do you enjoy more, cooperative multiplayer or competitive?
Man, that's a toss up. I would say cooperative multiplayer, but I rarely get the chance to play with anyone that actually wants to be, you know, cooperative. I think the last game I played with that luxury was Portal 2.

Quote:
How often do you play indie games, relative to non-indie games? Also, what is your favorite indie game?
Pretty often. I have a lot of RPG Maker games under my belt, if those count. My favorite, I think, is Off.

Quote:
What was the last special or limited edition of something you bought?
I don't think I've ever bought a special edition of anything. Just gimme the thing, I don't need clutter.

Quote:
What kind of pizza do you like? Also how picky are you when it comes to pizza and toppings?
I will eat any kind of pizza always. My favorite is pineapple and ham. Mmm.

Quote:
What was the last time you felt a significant rush of nostalgia?
Probably playing Act Raiser on Virtual Console a few years back. Good ol' SNES days.

(please read it!)
Old 11-26-2015, 01:12 PM   #50
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

What is the most excited you ever got for a game, movie or whatever?

Games, Movies, Etc, You used to love, but now don't think are so good anymore. Either because your perception of them has changed, or because you think they've aged terribly, or just a matter of your tastes being different now.

Civilizations or cultures you'd like to see more representation in games, movies, etc. Adventure-y movies, not like, documentaries.

Similar question: Civilizations or cultures you'd like to see more utilized, or used as inspiration more, in fantasy settings? Like, other than the usual European medieval, or Norse legend stuff.

Critical Hit Chance, Armor Penetration, or Attack Speed?

You're at a cafeteria, the food isn't great, but you're really hungry and have no choice but to eat there. There's three things on the menu, do you order the Salisbury Steak, the Fish Sticks, or the Chicken Soup?
Old 01-24-2016, 10:34 AM   #51
Sudonim
Punkachu

Would you take a small vacation to any vg /anime setting of your choosing?

You are given a gem, this gem has the ability to teleport you anywhere in the world, the only drawback being that you can only choose 3 places to teleport to, 4 if you include where you originally teleported from. That in mind, what three locations would you choose to teleport to and from?

Would you rather travel the sky via Dragon or sea via pirate ghost ship at your command? Both of which that can travel at the same speed.

#1 most regretted purchase to date?
Old 02-21-2016, 09:13 AM   #52
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

What is your favorite kind of cookie?

Longsword, Rapier or Katana?

What was the first horror themed game you ever played, and how did it effect you?

If a zombie apocalypse happened right now (slow, numerous, destroy head to kill), where would you go, what would you do and how long do you think you'd survive?

Also what would your initial weapon of choice for the above question be, something that is in your house/apartment right now.
Old 03-16-2016, 05:41 PM   #53
Sudonim
Punkachu

counting both first and third party, what would you say are some of the most unnecessarily uncomfortable controllers that you have ever owned or used?

is there a toy you wanted really badly as a kid only to get bored with it i a month or so, or end up disappointed with it?

assuming you had one, how long did your first tomagatchi live?

are hotdogs, sandwiches?