F@NB0Y$
Old 11-28-2012, 03:54 AM   #1
Ves
The Human

Default Pet Peeves

Rules:

If you list 1 in a post you can explain it somewhat in depth.

If you list multiple in a post don't write a novel, keep it short.

=============================================

I'll start

People who ask questions online when the answer can be found with a search engine in 10-20 seconds.
Ves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:24 AM   #2
SliceSabre
Frills and Lace

Send a message via MSN to SliceSabre Send a message via Skype™ to SliceSabre

When people ask me if I play basketball.

Yes, because all tall, black men play basketball. Which I feel is the obvious connotation being made when people ask me this question, yes even other black people Dear fucking God I've have been asked this question constantly since I shot up in height back when I was 14-15. It tires me e.ach time people ask made even worst back the fact I don't even actually like the sport. I hate it and I'm fucking awful at it. When I'm asked this question by someone I almost automatically dislike them.

Last edited by SliceSabre; 11-28-2012 at 07:54 AM.
SliceSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:12 AM   #3
Hoogie
STYLE

Spelling Spider-Man without the hyphen. It's the one that bother me most. Ironman and Super-Man and Bat Man are all annoying as hell but fuck you if you write Spiderman.

Hoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:16 AM   #4
Standing Freddy
The Best Looking Guy Here

Send a message via AIM to Standing Freddy

Being touched.

There's only a handful of people I actually don't mind touching me. I especially hate when my back is rubbed, or a hand is placed on my shoulder. I'm sure this is probably something a lot of people hate, but I just can't stand it. I had to elbow my wife's grandma's hand away because she wouldn't take it off my friggin back. That sounds harsh, but that woman is just... Ugh.
Standing Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:21 AM   #5
The Deej
Ace Surgeon

"your so rite"

"You're like Frood duct taped to Slice at a Song of Ice and Fire LARP." -Nami-
The Deej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:44 AM   #6
Raven Serpent
100% Bad 80s Hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deej View Post
"your so rite"
I think if Rite Aid did it, I would be cool with that.

Well, I do get abnormally cranky with people depending on how their cars sound while they're driving. If you sound like you're driving fast, you sound pissed to me, and I don't like your attitude.

I also hate people who stop on the crosswalk while I'm waiting for the walk sign to pop up.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:56 AM   #7
Inferno
Tea and murder

Send a message via AIM to Inferno

"Oh, you're a history major? Are you going to be a teacher?"
Old 11-28-2012, 07:57 AM   #8
Ace
Pet?

Customers.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:03 AM   #9
Ace
Pet?

To be more specific I suppose, I hate when people happen to know a couple of words related to technology and computers, and they think that makes them qualified to know what they're talking about. More often than not, they sound like idiotic assholes. Sometimes it's just hilarious, like the guy who called and complained that "He needed a new router because his modium was all filled up with trilobytes of memories"
Old 11-28-2012, 08:31 AM   #10
The Deej
Ace Surgeon

Probably one specific to me, but I really get annoyed when I see a toy that has the correct joint to have a full-range of motion, but the part clips into other parts effectively rendering the movement joint useless.

"You're like Frood duct taped to Slice at a Song of Ice and Fire LARP." -Nami-
The Deej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:23 AM   #11
Beev
Kicker of Elves

Send a message via AIM to Beev Send a message via MSN to Beev

When people say "should of"/"would of" instead of "should have"/"would have".

Also, when people leave half-empty beer cans in my room.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:33 AM   #12
That Frood

when people say "I'm doing good" or any other inappropriate use of that adjective. I know it's really stupid, but I somehow rewired my brain to immediately correct people when they do it. It isn't even a pet peeve, honestly, it's just this bizarre impulse that I don't know how I developed.
That Frood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:06 AM   #13
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

"ur" instead of your or you're.

Kids in stores who are begging and whining for things, and then the parents either ignore them causing them to whine louder, or give in and buy whatever the kid wanted. It's more the way the parents respond, than the kid whining.

People who try and return things, without a receipt.

People at fast food places, who jump the gun and ask 'is that everything' between every item I order. I WILL TELL YOU WHEN 'THAT'S EVERYTHING', STOP ASKING. Or at the very least, I'll hint that my order is over by saying 'and that's for here / to go' or 'and I'll be paying with debit please'
Penakoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:41 AM   #14
WaffleMaster
That Waffle Penguin Dood

pet peeve... don't know but recently my bro's gf has been pissing me off. Like the other day they accidentally dropped a full purse on my recently broken thumb and she went all like, don't be a girl my menstruation hurts more. Every time, 1st i'm not her and i will never know her pain, 2nd my pain threshold is higher than normal people so when something hurts it means it is really fucked up, and 3rd never, ever compare acute pain with chronic (considering menstruation as chronic cause it spawns for a long time and not after traumatic event)
Old 11-28-2012, 12:24 PM   #15
Person-guy
Jimbobowitz

Send a message via MSN to Person-guy

I enjoy my job and want my customers to be happy, that's why I really hate it when someone gives an exasperated sigh over something I can't control. If you're paying with a check, don't act like you're the one inconvenienced by having to reach into your wallet and hand me your license, after all, I'm the one that has to type all that information into the register.
Also, when someone has to scan their card again because the machine didn't take it the first time and they say "THAT HAD BETTER NOT CHARGE ME TWICE!" Did you put in your pin number? Did you get a receipt? No? Then it didn't charge you twice. I'm pretty mellow usually, but those two things really frustrate me.
Person-guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:54 PM   #16
The Cloft
Naked Again

99% of retail customers. People who don't trust my word when I'm trained to know the product. Impatient people. People who get frustrated at me because I can't understand them because they barely know English. Like Ace said, people who pretend they more than you do but really don't know shit oh my fuck I could go on.

I also hate it when people get mad at you for not doing something like a specific chore, then do it for you just so they can be mad about it, even if you offer to do it. This has happened with roommates and Its annoying.
The Cloft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:39 PM   #17
Mega
No-Fo You.

Chimes.

I hate em, they make songs too whimsical.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:51 PM   #18
StevenFC
The Butt Stallion

One-Uppers. Now, look, I haven't lead the craziest or most interesting life, but goddammit don't try and make our life experiences some fucking contest. It shows contempt and ignorance of the people around them that they can't just be like, "hey that's cool" or "wow man that sucks" or even "meh." I don't expect every anecdote about my life to be moving or prophetic or wise, but for Christ's sake, every time somebody respond with "No man, let me tell you what I did which is way cooler" I want to throw them down a well. When I say "Aw man, I think I'm getting a headache" the last thing I want to hear is "Dude, do you know what I have right now?" NO. AND I DON'T GIVE A FUCK. There's a difference between keeping someone's perspective on their occasionally pedantic problems, and just trying to win an argument that isn't happening and should never happen ever.

Oh Goddammit
StevenFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:05 PM   #19
That Pooka
Orange you glad

It pisses me off when people think they can lump me into some category they came up with based on one experience with me. You're not Sherlock Holmes, House, or any fictional brainiac that can deduce everything in one glance. Stop trying to force your ill-conceived opinion on everyone else you prick.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:26 PM   #20
Penakoto
Squirrels are Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Person-guy View Post
Also, when someone has to scan their card again because the machine didn't take it the first time and they say "THAT HAD BETTER NOT CHARGE ME TWICE!" Did you put in your pin number? Did you get a receipt? No? Then it didn't charge you twice. I'm pretty mellow usually, but those two things really frustrate me.
Yes, fuck these people, seriously. I swear they should make people take a test in order to be eligible for a debit card.

I think the worst people are the ones who are unable to follow instructions that are on the screen. "Oh it says take out my card, what should I do?" TAKE OUT YOUR CARD!
Penakoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:17 PM   #21
EllyEh

Teachers who misspell things consistently. For example: "ruff" and "thru". If I have to spell stuff correctly SO SHOULD YOU.

I second the One-Uppers.
EllyEh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:31 PM   #22
Raven Serpent
100% Bad 80s Hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenFC View Post
One-Uppers. Now, look, I haven't lead the craziest or most interesting life, but goddammit don't try and make our life experiences some fucking contest. It shows contempt and ignorance of the people around them that they can't just be like, "hey that's cool" or "wow man that sucks" or even "meh." I don't expect every anecdote about my life to be moving or prophetic or wise, but for Christ's sake, every time somebody respond with "No man, let me tell you what I did which is way cooler" I want to throw them down a well. When I say "Aw man, I think I'm getting a headache" the last thing I want to hear is "Dude, do you know what I have right now?" NO. AND I DON'T GIVE A FUCK. There's a difference between keeping someone's perspective on their occasionally pedantic problems, and just trying to win an argument that isn't happening and should never happen ever.
Hopefully people don't think that about me. I'm just awkward at making conversation.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:34 PM   #23
Mayu_Zane
ART-STRONAUT

Watching someone remove a disc from their game console and not put it in a case and instead just leave the disc on a table/on the floor.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:35 PM   #24
Haven
the Ever Smiling

When I'm the only one in the household that will put the new roll of toilet paper on the dispenser.
Though it's probably for the best. I'm the only one in this household that knows it's over, not under.

(please read it!)
Haven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:42 PM   #25
EllyEh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayu_Zane View Post
Watching someone remove a disc from their game console and not put it in a case and instead just leave the disc on a table/on the floor.
Seeing someone do this to your own stuff. Or just leaving your DVD/game cases on the floor where it gets stepped on and return to you a smooshed box.
EllyEh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:18 PM   #26
inthesto
Pinkie Pie

Send a message via AIM to inthesto Send a message via MSN to inthesto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beev View Post
Also, when people leave half-empty beer cans in my room.
Are you complaining about free beer
inthesto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:17 PM   #27
Mr. Dogma
I've had better

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Dogma Send a message via MSN to Mr. Dogma

When people come into my place and start rummaging through my stuff like it's their own goddamn house. Hey, jackass, maybe fucking ask me before you go going through my drawers or pulling shit out from under my tables and/or bed. If you wanna rifle through like a bookshelf or a shelf of DVDs or something, that's fine because it's out in the open, but don't start going through random shit that's generally meant to be out of sight.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:45 PM   #28
WaffleMaster
That Waffle Penguin Dood

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllyEh View Post
Seeing someone do this to your own stuff. Or just leaving your DVD/game cases on the floor where it gets stepped on and return to you a smooshed box.
this!

and the one-uppers... i think i sometimes do this :(
Old 11-28-2012, 08:12 PM   #29
Ace
Pet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cloft View Post
99% of retail customers. People who don't trust my word when I'm trained to know the product.
Fucking this. I just spent 20 minutes explaining printers to you, and you tell me that you're not sure if it actually does what I told you? Fine, fuck you, why did I even bother talking to you if you aren't going to trust me.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:49 PM   #30
StevenFC
The Butt Stallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaffleMaster View Post
and the one-uppers... i think i sometimes do this :(
Here's the thing. If you've done cool shit, or neat shit related to what I'm talking about, I love it. I love hearing about exciting things other people have done! It's what's great about life. The One Uppers that I know don't do this. They respond to any and all conversation as a contest. If I make a joke where I'm being an egomaniac and doing dumb shit, you don't need to fucking add "lol then i punch you and then i laugh because humor requires that i always win!" I have made jokes where the punchline involved me committing suicide and the person in question still felt the compulsion to 'win the joke.' This is not how a joke should work. This is not how human interaction should work. I could go on for hours.

But, no, Waffle. You don't do this. You're happy just to chat and enjoy people's company. You don't feel the compulsion to be the "Alpha Person" at all times.

Oh Goddammit
StevenFC is offline   Reply With Quote