F@NB0Y$

Go Back   F@NB0Y$ > Artistic Endeavors > Eye Candy

Old 06-17-2010, 11:14 PM   #1
Mr. Dogma
I've had better

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Dogma Send a message via MSN to Mr. Dogma
Default Dogma's on the Table

Well, considering the large number of Anima figures that I've been buying as of late (seeing as I'm now up to 18 figures), I've decided to start an art thread to house pictures of all my painted tabletop stuff. Additionally, any history of the character or army (once I get around to painting and posting my Flames of War stuff) will be included.

First up, one of my newer characters: Reindhold.

I decided my personal touch for him would be making him look like Fuhrer Bradley from Fullmetal Alchemist. It's not perfect, but I think it looks like him enough.

Reindhold's character is one of the captains under the command of The Colonel, the leader of the Azur Alliance's Les Jaeger group. Reindhold was a part of the noble Webber family from birth, but his father squandered the family fortune and honor, thus reducing the family to a shell of what it had originally been. As a gentleman, Reinhold vowed to restore his family's noble position, but when his powers over gravity were discovered, the Thule family, whom he had been working for in hopes that he would gain favor and societal standing, cut ties with him in order to avoid problems with the Church. The Colonel eventually approached Reinhold and gave him the position of captain, in addition to restoring the honor and glory of his house's name while in service. In combat, Reinhold allows his opponents time to prepare themselves and is very polite around women.

In the tabletop game, he can throw enemies, cause direct loss of life points, paralyze enemies, and even move the terrain scenery.

Past pictures and redone pictures to follow next.

Last edited by Mr. Dogma; 06-24-2010 at 09:24 AM.
Mr. Dogma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 11:15 PM   #2
Nami
ナミ
Administrator

WHY DIDN'T YOU GO WITH THE THREAD TITLE I GAVE YOU, YOU CUR!?
Old 06-17-2010, 11:39 PM   #3
Mr. Dogma
I've had better

Took some new pictures of the first figure I painted. I redid them to have the same rotating 6 positions to fit in with everyone else. Additionally, I used the flash on my camera for these.

Here are the reboot pictures for Kirsten.

Kirsten is a member of the Azur Alliance's Les Jaeger division under the command of The Colonel (not yet painted). She is known only by her nickname, given by the The Colonel. Her first memories were of waking nude on the outskirts of a city when bandits thought to take advantage of her confusion. Her body, essentially acting on her own, moved to kill all of them, and she regained awareness only after they had all been killed. Scared, she fled the scene, but witness reports of the events attracted the Les Jaeger organization to create a search party for her. She eluded capture for over 48 hours, killing 13 elite agents in the process. The Colonel was intrigued enough to seek her himself, and when they came face to face, he took her in to train her. She has sworn complete loyalty to him. Additionally through her training she is capable of focusing Ki through her attacks allowing her to fling her daggers with extreme force using just her bare hands. She does not know who she was before she was found by Les Jaeger, but hopes that one day her memories will return to her.

In game she has ranged basic attacks. Her moves are all named after alcoholic beverages and include the abilities to reactively shoot an opponent charging her, make two consecutive attacks against 2 separate targets, hit all units she can see within 12" of her, and move an additional 3" even if she has already moved for the turn. Additionally, all her attacks cause poison unless a resistance check is passed.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:51 PM   #4
Mr. Dogma
I've had better

Next up, a Church Agent. Redone with flash and the 6 positions.

Agents are basically nameless people that belong to a faction. This one belongs to the Church, though I used it as a proxy for my Azur Agents, which I now have (albeit unpainted).

Church Agents have no real backstory since they are nameless characters. They basically serve as instruments of the Church. The Church is basically a group dedicated to destroying evil, and all people gifted with magic are seen in this manner.

In the tabletop Church Agents can be one of two types: Inquisitors or Saints. Both types can increase their character level to increase their movement speed and action point recovery. Inquisitors can greatly buff their damage against Light, Dark, and/or Mystic or slightly improve their attack (value representing ability to hit) and damage. They can additionally gain extra health. Saints can improve their healing abilities, buff magic resistance, and/or give a character shield and protection (buffed armor and magic resist respectively). By default an Inquisitor can buff his attack and damage for one attack while a Saint can heal.

Last edited by Mr. Dogma; 06-23-2010 at 10:19 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:25 PM   #5
Mr. Dogma
I've had better

Man, my white figures do not like to have pictures taken of them. Also, they never turn out as well as I want, but everyone does tell me that it's very hard to make a good looking white figure of just about anything.

Anyway, up next is one of two Azur Agents.

Azur Agents like church agents have no backstory as they are nameless characters that serve the Azur Alliance. Most are members of Les Jaeger. They are stealth characters and are loyal to the Arbiters and the Supreme Archons.

In game, by default they can stealth and use Murder Attack, a move that brings the unit out of stealth for additional attack and damage. This move was recently buffed to only cost 2 action points instead of 3. This makes it actually usable in game. Because it cost 3, it was impossible to move to a target then strike, because being in stealth is required, but coming into base-to-base contact reveals the unit as well. The character has only 4 action points max, and stealth has an upkeep of 1, so you can see where the problem was.

An Azur Agent's additional options include, a moderately increased movement speed (8"/12" instead of 6"/10"), a vastly increased movement (12"/16"), extra action point recovery, infiltration and open movement, innate 12" ranged attack, a buffed Murder Attack, poison added to all moves, extra attack, extra defense, extra life, or a new ability that gives +4 to attack and can be used out of stealth.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:32 PM   #6
Mr. Dogma
I've had better

And my second Azur Agent. I like this one a lot better. My forte seems to be the darker colored characters. Either that or I like abusing my black, red, silver, white color scheme.

Old 06-23-2010, 10:50 PM   #7
Mr. Dogma
I've had better

And now a repost of one of my older characters: Hel.

The first character I started using the 6 position poses for, I was also too lazy to go back and center the pictures better to look more like the other ones.

Madoka was born to a noble family, but her mother died of unknown causes while giving birth to her. Mere hours later, the midwife and all assistants involved in her birth also died. It very rapidly became clear that anyone who had too much contact with her became deathly ill. She was forced to live on a small house on the outskirts of the property. It took all of the family's influence to contain the rumors of the girl who would kill with a touch because of the fear the Church's Inquisition would become involved. Her only contact was her older brother Jerome and the two became very close. Later when Madoka was to be wed, her groom died in the middle of all the guests upon taking her hand. She was banished from the family and her brother left with her due to their strong bond. She was hunted by pirates who wanted her power, but she was rescued by the Pirate Queen Deadmoon, the leader of The Lords of the Abyss. Originally, she was interested in Madoka because she believed her powers to be related to her family, but upon learning that they were not, she still felt sympathy for her. The two established a strong bond of friendship because Deadmoon was not terrified of Madoka. Deadmoon became like a sister to Madoka and invited her and her brother a place on her boat. She agreed and took on the name of Hel and began training under Deadmoon. However, Hel is still not fully in control of her powers and risks death whenever she uses them. Deadmoon advises her to use them only in situations of her greatest need. Additionally, Hel serves the Alliance due to Deadmoon's collaboration with them, but only cares about being able to stay with her new family.

In game Hel has an innate ability to recover an action point should any unit died within her control zone (8" of her). If her action points are full, she instead recovers 3 life points. Her two abilities include "Gates of Hell" and "Hell calling". "Gates of Hell" buffs her attack slightly and if it hits, the unit struck must pass a resistance check or die immediately. However, this puts a doom counter on Hel which risks her dying in the next turn. "Hell Calling" only buffs her attack for the hit.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:05 AM   #8
FenixAiur
JIMMY THE ROBOT!

Send a message via MSN to FenixAiur Send a message via Yahoo to FenixAiur

The very first figure on the thread reminds me of King Bradley from FMA.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:54 AM   #9
Inferno
Tea and murder

Send a message via AIM to Inferno

Theeeese aaaaare pretty sweet. I doubt I could paint anything that tiny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dogma View Post
Her moves are all named after alcoholic beverages
Ha! xD
Old 06-24-2010, 09:23 AM   #10
Mr. Dogma
I've had better

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenixAiur View Post
Actually, yeah, that's who I was trying to paint him after. The only reason I ended up giving him a beard was because the model was already sculpted with one on there and I didn't want him to have a flesh beard. I was trying to decide what I could do with the figure to make him feel more unique, like someone I painted, and once I noticed how similar the two characters were, well, the choice was easy.

I have two more upcoming ones that'll be painted to resemble other characters. I have a vampire character that'll be painted to look like Manfred von Karma and a character known as The Colonel, who controls fire, who will be painted to look like Colonel Mustang. Although, really, the costume doesn't lend itself to being painted as such the way Reindhold did. But the somewhat similar outfits and the control over fire were too much for me to pass up. Look for one of those two to be painted by tomorrow.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:08 PM   #11
FenixAiur
JIMMY THE ROBOT!

Nice. Looking forward to see them.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:56 PM   #12
Frent
Elder Statesman

Send a message via MSN to Frent Send a message via Skype™ to Frent

No, the reason you gave him a beard is because beards are awesome and more manly.
"A pig's gotta fly." - Porco Rosso
Frent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:03 PM   #13
Mr. Dogma
I've had better

At long last, I got around to painting my favorite character in my possession: The Colonel.

My personal touch for this character was painting him as much like Roy Mustang from Fullmetal Alchemist as possible. Most noticeably, his black hair remained, and I added the personal touch of his transmutation circle to the glove as seen here.

And while it's not really the figure, I do have a picture of the aftermath from when I was trying to paint the fire. I don't think the fire is as good as it could have been, but I was having a lot of trouble and all things considered, it actually turned out pretty well. Anyway, here's the paper towel I was painting on top of.

The Colonel's full name is unknown to everyone but himself, and only a select few know him by Wilhelm. The ruthless commander of the Azur Alliance's Les Jaeger organization, he enjoys chess and logic, but hates the world's imperfection. Les Jaeger is the most powerful organization in the alliance, and though recently created, its agents are feared and respect above any other organization in the world. The Colonel, however, is the most feared and respected of all of them, instilling terror in his own men.

His rise to power is a subject of debated and little is known about his life before his involvement with Les Jaeger. He spent time in the service of Warlod Tadeus Van Horsman and became his righthand man before eventually abandoning him to serve under Matthew Gaul, thus helping solidify the Alliance's power in the future. After the creation of the alliance, Gaul placed The Colonel in charge of the intelligence service and special forces, which The Colonel named Les Jaeger. He answers only to the Aizen Arbiter and Gaul and without his attention, it's very possible the organization would collapse.

The Colonel is a brilliant military mind, comparable only to the Arbiters and Gaul. He carefully plans everything with his strategies taking every variable into account. However, because of his cold and calculating personality, he has developed a complete disregard for life and thus views agents under his control only as tools to complete mission objectives.

The Colonel is a virtually unmatched martial artist and has a mastery of Ki techniques. His gaze is so intense that he will paralyze his opponents with fear. He later obtained the Hephastios armband, a techno-magical weapon that allows the user to control fire, which then made him unrivaled in skill among the alliance. Because of his control over fire, even the Arbiters respect his combat ability.

To others he appears a power hungry creature, but he believes the world is falling into chaos and humanity is marching towards its own destruction. His goal is to bring the world back into order through absolute power.

The Colonel does have some emotion and enjoys his confrontations with Yuri Olson, a leader of the Empire, because Yuri is the one person The Colonel feels worthy of being called an "adversary". Their rivalry arose during their service under the warlord Tadeus. He also has mixed feelings towards his subordinate Kirsten, and she is the only person he feels true concern for, though he doesn't know why, and opts to keep these emotions to himself.

He is known concentrating his attention on seeking lost relics throughout the world and formed a special team consisting of himself, Kirsten, Reindhold, and Kyler.

In game, when you bring his team, he becomes an Arbiter, but can only use his arbiter abilities on those in his team. His arbiter powers include: giving a unit a free hand-to-hand attack, moving a unit 2", or giving a unit an extra action point.

His own abilities include initiative (it adds to your dice rolls when determining who goes first) and the ability to spend his action points to mimic the Arbiter Commands of any Arbiter he is playing with. His attack include a buff to his attack and damage, the ability to steal life from an ally and restore his own, a 12" ranged attack, and the ability to make an enemy attack fail automatically unless they pass a resistance check.

Deadmoon, who I haven't resposted here yet, is capable of spending an action point when a unit uses a magic ability to restore her own life. This obviously creates a method which The Colonel and Deadmoon can use to keep each other alive. The Colonel uses his ability to steal life from Deadmoon, who in turn spends a point to recover the same life she lost, if not more.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:18 PM   #14
The Deej
Ace Surgeon

Good looking figures you've got here. Might I suggest using bigger pictures so we can see more of the details?

And that is a surprisingly clean paper towel.

"You're like Frood duct taped to Slice at a Song of Ice and Fire LARP." -Nami-
The Deej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 06:39 PM   #15
Nuva
yes i vape

Wow, these are cool. Very cool.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:03 PM   #16
Mr. Dogma
I've had better

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deej View Post
Good looking figures you've got here. Might I suggest using bigger pictures so we can see more of the details?

And that is a surprisingly clean paper towel.
It was a fresh paper towel. And I guess I can try some slightly bigger pictures in the future; I'd just still need to crop them.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:11 PM   #17
Mr. Dogma
I've had better

And here we go my latest figure. As per Deej's request, I used some slightly larger images this time to try and show off the detail.

My latest character is the Vampire Count: Kerberos.

If you'll notice his color scheme, you might pick up on the fact I painted him to resemble Manfred von karma. Also, I promise you he looks a lot better when you're actually holding him. He didn't like to be photographed well (lol, he's a vampire) and like everything else I photograph that's white, it's invisible on camera.

Also, the coffin is meant to actually be closed when the figure is put together. I, however, decided that doing so would just be wasted effort for the one who created it. So I took the time to detail the inside of the coffin and found a way to glue it so that it appears open. I'm admittedly paranoid that it will break off or just fall off of its own accord at some point in the future, but for now, I'm very content with it. Here's a picture of the inside.

Okay, I found some basic information, copy and pasted from the Anima Tactics website.
The captain of Les Jaeger, Kerberos, also known among his subordinates as the God of Blood, is an inhuman creature that feeds on death to satisfy his immortal appetite. He regularly competes with the Colonel for the position of primacy amongst Azur Alliance agents. He comes out on top much of the time due to his monstrous powers and millennia of experience.

He has his own set of special rules as well. He comes into play with 1 blood token. Before you use any attack or defense, you can spend a blood token to roll an additional die and choose the result. You can also spend a blood token to give him healing Lvl. 1 (which restores 4 HP to him at the start of the next turn). Also, whenever he makes an attack or charge and deals damage, you put a blood token on him. This last ability doesn't work on Gears, Undead, or Summons though. Actually, that last ability states on the card that it only works for normal attacks and charges, but he was recently buffed.

His tabletop abilities include two innate abilities: he is an independent character and cannot receive Arbiter orders, and as a vampire, turns Azur Agents in play into blood puppets. Agents in play with Kerberos receive +1 to their attack, but if he dies, so do they.

His other abilities in game also include a special run that lets him move 16" with flight by spending a blood token. He can also greatly buff his attack by using a blood token and also has an attack with only half the attack buff, but nets him two blood tokens instead of one if it does damage.

Last edited by Mr. Dogma; 07-14-2010 at 01:42 PM.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:05 PM   #18
rebornMCW
Ring Your Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenixAiur View Post
I thought it was him in which I was like sweet but now I know its dirty secrets, its still pretty sweet.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:55 AM   #19
Inferno
Tea and murder

Send a message via AIM to Inferno

Dogma made a Karma!

Huh? Huh?
Old 06-26-2010, 02:37 PM   #20
FenixAiur
JIMMY THE ROBOT!

My Karma ran over your Dogma.
Old 06-26-2010, 02:54 PM   #21
Monocle
Execute unbeatable force

Send a message via Yahoo to Monocle Send a message via Skype™ to Monocle

Dogma's on the table?

Get off it man, I eat there...
Old 06-26-2010, 02:55 PM   #22
Mr. Dogma
I've had better

But I like posing nude on your table with a rose in my mouth. It makes me feel fancy.

Last edited by Mr. Dogma; 07-04-2010 at 11:15 PM.
Old 07-04-2010, 11:25 PM   #23
Mr. Dogma
I've had better

After a kinda long painting hiatus, I finished another figure. This one is a Wissenchaft character name Hiro.

I painted him using a Kamen Rider color scheme, which resulted in him taking a little under an hour to paint. This includes my friends playing a game on the same table and any touch-ups I needed to do when the table shook while I was painting. He also turned out to have an incredibly easy photo shoot.

Unfortunately, as a newer character, I don't have have a full backstory yet. Copy/pasted from Anima Tactics website.
Hiro was a slight boy who always dreamed of becoming a “Hero of Justice” whose wish has amazingly become a reality. After suffering a crippling and horrific accident, Wissenschaft researchers subjected Hiro’s body to a ridiculously large dose of Process. Hiro was reborn with abilities to match his wildest dreams. Now, convinced that he is part of a secret society that seeks to protect the world while operating from the shadows, he has no qualms about using his superhuman prowess to further the aims of Wissenschaft. Along with the other crows, the “Ranger Avengers” as he calls them, Hiro stands ready to safeguard Gaia, at least in his own mind.

In the tabletop, he can equip up to 2 advantage cards, and has an innate ability called "Posing". Basically, if he kills a unit, he loses an action point to pose. If he doesn't have an action point, then he recovers one less action point during the next turn.

This moves include a special charge called "Rider kick" It buffs his attack, damage, penetrates armor, and causes the opponent to be thrown. He has an 8" ranged attack called "Shooting Star Flash" that has buffed attack and causes throw. He has a melee attack called "Garo Fang" that buffs attack and causes throw. Finally, he has a special ranged attack of 16" called "Ultra Finisher" that buffs attack and damage, but can only be used after Hiro has completed one of his special moves. This can only be used once per game and after the attack, Hiro takes damage equal to the remaining life points of his attack target.

Additionally, he has a special advantage card called "Red Theurgia!!! GO!!!" which basically summons a zord (ala Power Rangers) that replaces Hiro and comes in at full health.

Last edited by Mr. Dogma; 07-14-2010 at 01:44 PM.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:54 PM   #24
Mr. Dogma
I've had better

And finished another figure tonight. I guess he looks alright, but I'm still pissed about the way he turned out. He took me way longer than he should have for how he turned out, at least in my opinion. I think it was a factor of deciding his color scheme as i went along. All I knew from the get-go was his skin color, that white jacket, and his hair. Everything else I decided on as I went along.

Unlike my more recent figures, I've done, I had no predetermined color scheme for him going in and I didn't have a character I wanted him to be based off of going in either. I didn't even have an idea of how to make him different from the original figure either. It ended up being detailing the studs on his right pant leg to be mithril silver, detailing part of his part and its studs with brass (closest I have to gold and you can barely tell the difference anyway), and making the more flowing parts of his jacket red instead of white. Additionally, I made his shoes black instead of brown.

Anyway, next is another figure from my Azur Alliance team: Jerome.

Now this character I do have a story for.
Jerome was not always a member of the Lords of the Abyss. Born Ichiro Inoue, he was originally from a noble family and destined to become the new head of the family. As a solitary and reserved individual, his only strong bond was with his sister Madoka (later known as Hel). He tried to protect Madoka, but at her wedding, when she caused the death of her fiance, she was exiled, leading Ichiro to abandon his family and leave in exile with her.
He used his contacts and training to evade pursuers such as pirates and the Church. During one capture attempt, Ichiro and Madoka were aided by the Pirate Queen Deadmoon. He soon joined her along with Madoka and thus took upon the name Jerome.
Jerome was no longer a highborn bred boy, but a pirate, and for the first time in his life he felt free. He left behind his morals and had no qualms about killing, looting, or theft. He fights with a combination of the style he learned from his family and combined it with the assassination techniques he learned from Deadmoon. His once immaculate manners in combat vanished and were replaced by a tendency to fight dirty and using any means to win in combat.

In game he is able to infiltrate, allowing him to select one of several places on the board to come in. Additionally, he may stealth himself and emerge from stealth to deal an attack with improved attack and damage. His other skills include one that causes an opponent to lose an action point and become unable to move during the turn, but can only use the ability once per turn. His other attack causes a minor drop-off in his attack to affect all enemy units within 2 inches.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:44 PM   #25
Mr. Dogma
I've had better

Finished the Agent that I let Infy decide on the color scheme. Took a lot longer to complete than I anticipated, and not just because I only recently got around to it. Also, oh my god, all the light colored figures photograph like garbage.

Today's figure: Wissenchaft Agent.

The agents of Wissenchaft are selected by Prince Lucanor, the engimatic head of Wissenchaft, and all have ties strong than loyalty. Some owe the prince their lives and others have found the organization the only place they can call home. A few simply could not survive without its existence.
Although the actual number of forces available is not very large, it is compensated by the skill of its members. Most of the specialized combat agents are known as "Crows": people who have undergone a limited version of a mysterious procedure known only as The Process. This has allowed some to receive impossible powers or awaken latent talents. Advanced technomagical equipment is also available to these agents.
As a general rule agents work either alone or in cells of two to three members. They report to the section chiefs and serve as guardians, executioners, and messengers. A high ranking member may call upon as many Crows as needed, so long as the end result is useful to the organization.

A standard Wissenchaft agent comes with the ability "Chain of Blows" which allows for two consecutive strikes against a single target.

Additionally, an agent may be upgraded with some of the following abilities: recover an extra action point, 2 points of armor penetration, innate ranged attacks (16"), advanced deployment and open movement, +1 to attack and defense, 4 additional lifepoints, movement speed increased from 8"/12" to 12"/16", or the ability "combined assault" which is a 1 action point cost attack that can only be used following a successful charge.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:45 PM   #26
Mr. Dogma
I've had better

Hey, it's that thread I don't use. I've painted so much stuff since the last time I posted anything in here, but today I'm throwing up my Imperial Guard sniper. Custom done to include a beret and that Space Marine sniper rifle he's toting around. He's a solo job, done to be my character for an upcoming pen and paper RPG thing.

He took me about an hour to do and these pictures were actually taken with my iPhone.

That die on his left shoulder is meant to symbolize my terrible luck with dice. It wasn't until after I painted it that I realized because of its positioning, it's actually suggesting I rolled a 3, not a 1. However, the focus is on the side with the 1, plus I like the way the 2 and 3 came out too much to attempt redoing it. Plus I'm lazy.

Maybe at some point I'll try and catch up this thread as to all the other figures I've done since then. However, that's some like 10+ figures, so that might take a while.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:34 PM   #27
Profanity
Quatro Pro
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dogma View Post
but today I'm throwing up
Old 09-29-2010, 05:39 PM   #28
Mr. Dogma
I've had better

Exactly. I vomited everywhere.