F@NB0Y$
Old 08-30-2014, 03:21 PM   #1
Fatbot
Bob Goulet

Default Comp troubles

Ah, the wonders of a new computer, and all the troubles that come along.

So I built myself that system as discussed in a previous thread, and everything's been going along well until now. A few glitchy things here or there but nothing I couldn't look up and fix through drivers, etc.

Anywho, today I decided to move my computer upstairs into my bedroom instead of my living room, and WHOOPS, with everything plugged in, the computer turns on (beeps, windows loading noises) but there's no video output! I know it's not the monitor, as my laptop has both a mini DVI to HDMI as well as VGA connections which I've plugged into it and both work fine. When I plug VGA or hdmi into the desktop though, nada.

For reference, the card is a Sapphire Radeon R9 290, the monitor is an acer h243h. I'm guessing the video card is screwing up, but I'm not exactly sure how to go about fixing it, or if it can be fixed. If not I'll have to RMA the card, but whatever, c'est la vie.

Thanks for your time and any suggestions.
Fatbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 03:28 PM   #2
Fatbot
Bob Goulet

Ack! I meant to edit Mini DVI to Mini Display Port and it made a new thread! Not sure how to delete threads but yeah, that other one's a mistake on my part. My apologies.
Old 08-30-2014, 03:59 PM   #3
Fatbot
Bob Goulet

And after a call to my brother, I fixed the problem in less than 10 minutes. This really turned out to be a huge clusterfuck on my part. If a mod would like to delete both the threads that'd be much appreciated.